August 25: Mickey Avalon at Dante's! "The Dirty Beck"

Kanaly just hit me up on the knowledge that Mickey Avalon will be at Dante's tomorrow…

Oh, and he just bought four tickets, and he called him “the dirty Beck”.

I don't know what that means, but I'm in–and if you aren't seeing the other 20 (exageration, but the weekends are rocking these days) things I've put up to do this weekend–you should be there too before Kanaly buys all the tickets so that it can just be him and Mickey and they can hang backstage and talk about fixed gear bikes (Kanaly's a sweet talker)  :)

Who is Mickey Avalon you ask? Check this Jane Fonda video/track out:

Video Jane Fonda

(not work appropriate perhaps?)

Windows: 300K

Perhaps you work in a more lax/tolerant environment…well, then try this one out:

Video Waiting to Die

Windows: 300K

Did you just watch that at work?

The Bobs just said you're fired…don't take that red stapler…no unemployment for you…

From his site:

Mickey Avalon extensively featured in the April issue of Skinnie magazine!

“Check out this great 5 page spread on the April's issue of Skinnie magazine.”

Cover

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

6 Responses to August 25: Mickey Avalon at Dante's! "The Dirty Beck"

1. kanaly August 24, 2007 at 14:30 #

uhhh … I’d say he’s more like Glam Rap — maybe even starting up this new genre? He borders on more of like a male Peaches. I am in it for the beats. They’re hot.

2. Julian Chadwick August 24, 2007 at 15:13 #

you luv him….love, love, love him…and I’m jealous :)

3. kanaly August 26, 2007 at 22:44 #

wow … this performance and opening act sucked, so bad. I am burning my Mickey Avalon CD and cursing my friend, C-Dub, who recommended him. I am sorry to whomever wasted money on that ticket from being influenced by our article.

4. kanaly August 26, 2007 at 22:49 #

Oh, and I apologize to Beck, for insulting him by comparing his amazing creativity to the drugged-out, immature and skill-less lyrical delivery of Mickey “I give hand-jobs for crack” Avalon of Hollywood.

5. Julian Chadwick August 27, 2007 at 17:46 #

“drugged-out, immature and skill-less lyrical delivery of Mickey”

Agreed, that guy was a misogynistic dirt-bag, as were the openers. At least Legacy had skills (you apparently don’t think so), and the crowd was really into it, so good for Dante’s.

But, I will never support those three jerk-offs again until they do some serious rethinking of the women-hating message their “rapping”.

6. medusas mom September 13, 2008 at 18:29 #

I love those “3 jerk offs” to pieces. You got to remember guys they are a comedy/rap/hip hop act.Listen to some of their funny lyrics.These guys are just ment to be fun. The live show is always an incredible party and everyone has a good time.They make more fun of themselves then anything else.Cant wait to see them again.by the way…the new 20 cut Dyslexic Speedreader mixtape is a free download at
    http://www.themickeyavalonclub.com enjoy