August 16: Portland Adult Soapbox Derby | Mt Tabor Park

Update: Sneak Peak: 2009 Portland Adult Soap Box Derby @ Mount Tabor

The Soapbox Derby website is apparently down, so here is the official information:

Plan B Bar, Soap Box Derby After Party, Portland, Oregon, 97214

Saturday August 16, 2008 from 10:00am – 4:00pm
Mt. Tabor Park
SE 60 & Salmon
Portland, Oregon 97215

Click here for more Portland Park Events in August

, , ,

11 Responses to August 16: Portland Adult Soapbox Derby | Mt Tabor Park

1. Ryan August 6, 2008 at 18:30 #

Awesome. Thanks for posting this! What happened to the site??

2. Julian Chadwick August 6, 2008 at 18:46 #

I have no idea. It just appears not to work anymore.

3. Pete Forsyth August 7, 2008 at 17:14 #

awesome fun. You can tell everything you need to know from the photo, for the visually impaired, it has awesome, fun, cute, beer, and zach in it. i don’t see any cars, but these are small details…

4. j August 11, 2008 at 15:11 #

Any more details anywhere? Is the racing from 10 – 4 or does it start later? I can only go for a few hours and have been Googling like crazy trying to find info but alas, no luck… not even on the Mercury.

5. Julian Chadwick August 11, 2008 at 22:11 #

They will probably start shortly after ten and I would encourage you to go as close to that time as possible. They were still racing around 3:30 last year, but it was winding down.

6. Charles August 13, 2008 at 11:03 #

Youtube has a number of videos from previous years. If you only have a couple of hours, my advise is to arrive at 10 A.M. Many of the unique- “Art cars”- Only make it down the hill once or twice. The later races are all about speed.

7. Jacob August 13, 2008 at 20:33 #

apparently their website domain name expired

8. Madge_Kebabsoff August 15, 2008 at 20:59 #

Bring this shit on full strength mofo’s….SFRC peeps will be there and so will I mofo’s Get real or die tryin…excellent event peeps, blood, crashes and PBR what is not to shizzle yo vizzle drizzle on yo Ducattiizzle…biatch?

Luvs you lots… Madge_kebabsoff_WWTDD_Bling my grill
    you po biatch from Vantucky

9. Madge_Kebabsoff August 18, 2008 at 11:35 #

What a great event once again in 2008. Best chuckle from me and the fam…were for the full on picnic bench complete with food, candles et al. Hear from the vehicle as it passed us…*Oh Sh*t we’re loosin sh*t..excellent. Best crash…the log guys and the all metal welded torpedo thingy. I did hear tons of grinding from #7 but did not see the actual roll over/wipe out.
    Be there next year peeps.

10. Team Formula G #2 August 27, 2008 at 00:38 #

Thank you to all the fans, sponsors, the 42 race teams, and, of course the organizers and staff for making ’08 a great race. Sportsmanlike attitudes alongside reckless displays of gravity evident again on the slopes of Mt. Tabor. Congrats to the overall winner, Vista Cruser-Rusty Bullet for their 2nd championship, covering the competition again like they did in ’07. Nice job to 2nd place, Team F.A.N.G. for keeping the pressure on the winners until the end, a close and clean finish. We will be there wheel-to-wheel next year, hoping to do better than our 7th place finish. -Formula G (for Gravity)

11. Jason Wright January 16, 2009 at 13:13 #

I am looking for information about the 2009 soapbox derby. I want to enter but do not know what restrictions apply re: weight, size, etc. for a vehicle. Any help in directing me to a place I can get some info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

J

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Ubergeek-femmes » Blog Archive » O no - August 14, 2008

[...] no, the Mt Tabor Adult Soapbox Derby is this weekend on Saturday, and I made other plans!! I am going to have to seriously decide if I [...]

2. August 16-17: Lots of ways to get heat stroke - August 15, 2008