Sam Adams Portland Rally Pictures And Video: Storm Large, Dan Savage

Sam Adams Rally
Sam Adams Rally, Portland, Oregon
Taken on January 23, 2009

This was near the beginning, and there are many more pictures from the rally on the PDX Pipeline flickr set including Dan Savage and Storm Large.

——————————–

Video of Dan Savage’s Speech and Storm Large leads the crowd in song.

This is nearly the complete video of Dan Savage’s speech last night. I think I missed the first 10 seconds. Anyway, it is probably NSFW and he gives a bit of the smack-down to the media pubs in town that have asked Sam Adams to resign (or told him to?).

Dan Savage, Sam Adams Support Rally
January 23, 2009
Portland, Oregon
Video By Julian Chadwick/PDX Pipeline

Storm Large sang a couple songs at the rally. Matt Davis of the Mercury has a good breakdown of the event. In this video, Storm sings “Stand By Your Sam” and leads the crowd in the final verse. Also rather NSFW. If Sam has to step down, can Storm Large be our mayor?

Also, the camera that Storm grabs at the end to send a message to Sam is from Amy Ruiz. It looked like she was getting much better video than I due to her far superior camera, so…Amy, can we see it?

Storm Large, Sam Adams Rally (NSFW-ish due to language)
January 23, 2009
Portland, Oregon
Video By Julian Chadwick/PDX Pipeline

—————————

*Thanks to www.Brewcaster.com for brightening these up a bit to see the crowd.

**Update: Pete Forsyth sent this over to us: an open letter to the media, re: Sam Adams. In case you were wondering (you were not), we are not opinion media…our opinion is simply “More events and more free passes to said events”

If you have pictures or video from the rally, add it to the PDX Pipeline Flickr Group

———————————–Related Posts–

, , , , ,

11 Responses to Sam Adams Portland Rally Pictures And Video: Storm Large, Dan Savage

1. Aeromancer January 24, 2009 at 03:46 #

HA! I like the sign that says Lets focus on REAL problems.

2. Rocket January 24, 2009 at 14:13 #

THANK YOU for posting this. I would have been there if I could have! Viva la Sam!

3. stacy*day January 24, 2009 at 17:53 #

nice work, julian.
    wish i could have been there.

4. willradik January 24, 2009 at 19:40 #

Hells yes!

5. Kimberly Gehl January 24, 2009 at 22:12 #

this is great! i’m glad you captured it :)

6. Joel Kimble January 25, 2009 at 15:41 #

Thank you for this website. I would like to print two of the photos to put in my car windows. (guy as statue of liberty with poster and poster of love compassion forgiveness)
    Joel Kimble

• Julian Chadwick January 25, 2009 at 15:43 #

Joel,

Sure, go for it.

7. norman woodstock spalding January 27, 2009 at 08:15 #

Elections are a misleading and the societys of humanity have always suffered the effect of such a SNEEKY process!!! Most all human is about SNEEK!!!HUH????? Starting with the rubbing of groins and what ever else takes place to get the gendering junk to work ISN’T THE WHOLE PROCESS SCUMMY WHY AIN’T ANY OF THEM SELIBIT???? Stupid maker of human they never stood a chance as dumb as the maker of ear(th) is what dork the creator what a dork the LORD YES THERE IS A CREEEATE AND THE THING IS A DORRRK GOT IT SPREAD IT SPREAD THE STUPIDITY OF YOUR CREEATE!!! The mayor race illagetimet lied when the truth would do new ellection!!!

• Julian Chadwick January 27, 2009 at 10:24 #

Norman,

You really shouldn’t be drinking at 8AM. If you are going to be drinking, you shouldn’t drunk comment. Lastly, AOL email? REALLY?

8. Sym January 27, 2009 at 10:24 #

Hello this is the statue of liberty:) May I use the pictures of me? I figure so but I am still going to ask. Also if anyone has pictures of me please email me at symprole@yahoo.com. Sam better stay damn it!

9. Julian Chadwick January 27, 2009 at 10:31 #

Sym, you are welcome to use the pictures. If you are using them on the net somewhere, please give PDXPipeline credit.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Support Sam Adams Rally | Portland City Hall | January 23 « Portland Music, Art, Events, Entertainment, Sustainability | PDX PIPELINE - January 24, 2009

[...] click BUTTON for feed Sam Adams Rally Pictures and Video | Portland, Oregon [...]