What is the best tattoo shop in Portland? | Twitter Answers

Related: Portland, Oregon Tattoo Pictures, Designs & Info | TattoosOfPortland.com

People often ask the Pipeline where to get a tattoo and what are the best tattoo shops in Portland. This happened again last Wednesday, so I took an informal twitter poll.

List of Portland Tattoo Shops on TattoosOfPortland
List of Portland Tattoo Artists on TattoosOfPortland

PDX Pipeline Portland Events Iphone & Android App

Our new Portland App for PDX Pipeline is now available for iPhones, Android phones and iPads!

Now, you can have all of the great Portland events from our website in the palm of your hand including Portland specials when you're out on the town.

Download the App for iPhone here

Download the App for Android here

Here are all the responses on the twitter:

Direct Messages

• portland tattoo twitter (helloerica)
  • portland tattoo (helloerica) optic nerve
  • portland tattoo twitter (cleovero) adorn
  • portland tattoo twitter (chavtasticjinx)
  • jenhominid: Pussycat Tattoo has some amazing artists. Atlas is also good stuff.
  • diamondhead94: I sure would like to know the responses to this!!!
  • rahkele: I love me some Tiger Lily. Which reminds me, I really need to save some cash for a new tattoo.
  • jgbell: I’ve heard good things about No Hope No Fear http://www.tattoomonster.com/
  • knitstrix: mind bomb. Elliot Thomas specifically is really amazing
  • alissacorinne81: Atomic!! Talented, cool staff.
  • Kpele: Atlas Tattoo on N Albina they book way out already though.
  • oregonflood: tigerlily tattoo mod. check out this piece he did: http://www.flickr.com/photos/juliefloodphotography/3276240564/
  • sterles: 1928 Tattoo on NE Alberta. Chad rocks!
  • Schnik: mine used to be Infinity Tattoo, over on 28th and Burnside, but I’ve lost track of where they’ve moved to. Awesome work.
  • remytherestless: Atlas is full of excellent tattooers, wall to wall. Scapegoat is excellent, and Sea Tramp is historical.
  • JennnYeee: adorn body shop justin is the shit
  • staffingrobot: no hope no fear james kern by far the best.
  • earlhoffert: oddball. definitely oddball. esp jacob.
  • enuf78: Jackalope Tattoo on e burnside
  • LogoMotives: Infinity Tattoo is my fav. Great people, great artists, great atmosphere, great work • http://infinitytattoo.com/
  • mykelle: I went to Mike V at Tiger Lily (on Sandy I believe) he did a great job.He did partial Cover up & had 2 work over scar tissue.
  • photoxlove: techincally he’s in lake oswego but jim k at octopus ink is AMAZING!!! and he’ll give you a good deal! http://twitpic.com/3r4bl
  • thisnik: Adorn Body Art is my favorite tattoo (and piercing!) studio; laid back, professional, and absolute quality work every time.
  • Photosbychrisnw: Raven Ink. Wade is the best!
  • moxiepdx Atlas Tattoo & Oddball Tattoo:)
  • greenhiker: Vertigo Tattoo on 176th & Stark. See http://www.petztattoos.com
  • girl_alex: Oddball hands down!
  • DrPotatohead: best tattoo shop is definitely scapegoat tattoo. Brian is amazing and 100% began freindly for those who care about that
  • everydaydude: I was told to answer this. 1) Oddball Studios 2) Atlas Tattoo 3)Tigerlilly Tattoo
  • brow6118: TigerLilly tattoo, Oddball Studios, and Atlas tattoo
  • missaayla: and Brian from Scapegoat Tattoo!
  • elisechandler: Blackbird Tattoo http://blackbirdtattoo.com 30th and Killingsworth

, , ,

10 Responses to What is the best tattoo shop in Portland? | Twitter Answers

1. John G Bell April 26, 2009 at 20:49 #

There’s also Skeleton Key on Hawthorne: http://www.myspace.com/skeleton_key_tattoo

2. ChelsiaAnn April 27, 2009 at 09:28 #

Atlas. Bar none. If the length of time doesn’t reveal it’s popularity and reputation, I don’t know what does. Won’t go anywhere else.

3. meagank May 6, 2009 at 17:31 #

I’m such a douche for not answering this! Color Bomb behind the Doug Fir is bomb! (See what I did there? With the words and such?)

4. Del Mulhern May 14, 2009 at 08:45 #

As a highly inked and pierced person I have to say that Adorn East is absolutely the best tattoo studio around. The artists are amazing. You won’t see a bunch of flash on the walls as they specialize in custom work. This being said, you will not get any of the attitude often associated with this kind of work. These artist are dedicated to their craft and love to share their passion with their clients. They also offer one of the most comfortable piercing spaces (not to mention piercers) I have ever experienced. Desta, the owner, cares about her crew and the clients. It shows in this incredible space she has created. Do yourself a favor and check them out! http://www.adorneast.com

5. Quincie May 14, 2009 at 22:47 #

My question is where can you get an inexpensive tat in Ptown? I recently got a great one at Addications in Beaverton, however it broke me.

6. Gary Rowell May 17, 2009 at 01:06 #

Mind Bomb Tattoo – Joshua Wedzina is the greatest. I’m pretty sure that he’ll be the only artist to work on me.

7. Vash May 19, 2009 at 05:18 #

Anatomy Tattoo & Piercing (NE 28th & Sandy) is just amazing. Adam, Ed, Andy & Jarrod are all top of their craft. The shop has a really welcoming atmosphere and there is a zero snob factor. You just cannot go wrong.

8. phuzzy March 16, 2011 at 10:40 #

HOLLYWOOD TATTOO Portland has two brilliant artists, Bradley and Mike, who do exceptional custom work. My piece was done by Bradley. Super-clean shop. Best place around. I’d never go anywhere else.

9. Maria Perry-Crawshaw November 19, 2011 at 14:24 #

Art Work Rebels: Jason Kundell, and Ritual Arts Tattoo and Body Piercing: Jesse Enz

10. Lindsey December 29, 2012 at 19:31 #

Check out http://www.hollywoodtattoopdx.com/
    Bradley Clark at Hollywood Tattoo!

1. Last Thursday at Goodfoot: John Wray & Derek Olsen | February 26 « Portland Music, Art, Events, Entertainment, Sustainability | PDX PIPELINE - April 28, 2009

[…] What is the best tattoo shop in Portland? | Twitter Answers […]