What is the BEST music venue in Portland? | Twitter Answers

(Click here for info on the BEST Portland Restaurants, Bars, Food, Drinks & More)

Portland Music: Golden Bears at Someday LoungeWe cover a lot of music shows on PDX Pipeline and post over 40 Portland music events every Thursday afternoon. We like a lot of venues, but wanted to know what our twitter followers liked, so we posed this question yesterday:

Reminder: Also, we give out free tickets every Thursday to our Portland Facebook Group including to many of the venues below like Wonder Ballroom, Holocene, Someday Lounge, Roseland, Berbati's, Hawthorne Theater and more. Join it if you like free stuff.

Related Portland Questions and Answers:

25 Answers/Replies after the break

• Pipeline-logo_normal

PdxPipeline: Twitter Question:
What is your favorite music venue(s) in Portland & why?

• dieselboi: @pdxpipeline Doug Fir hands down. Great sound. Great lineup. less expensive drinks. they keep to a schedule. Just love them.

, , ,

11 Responses to What is the BEST music venue in Portland? | Twitter Answers

1. levanubc April 29, 2009 at 20:45 #

Gotta say I’m a huge fan of the Wonder Ballroom. Big room, but small enough to be intimate, gets pretty solid acts, actual coat check, and not too freakin hot either.

• Julian Chadwick April 29, 2009 at 20:50 #

I am also a fan of the Wonder and we do our best to cover them/have promotions with them almost every week.

2. Homeslice April 29, 2009 at 21:56 #

I would have to say the Doug Fir, it’s small and intimate. The sound is usually alway perfect. Nice slanted standing area so my short girlfriend can see the show too. also because they don’t go through ass-clown ticket master either. Most of the other places are okay(Berbati’s, Wonder). Although the have to say the Crystal Ballroom is the worst. The sound is always too bouncy. Never can get a good view unless you fight for the front of the stage or the balcony. Unless I have to see it, I will skip out on the Crystal.

3. newmanation April 29, 2009 at 23:25 #

best venue is probably gonna be the Doug Fir. I’m not a big P-town hipster though, so although the music always sounds great, the crowd kinda sucks. I give it up to Berbati’s for being the venue who mixes it up and can have pretty decent sound.

4. piratejenny April 29, 2009 at 23:47 #

Must put in a kind word for the Someday Lounge. Lovely small venue with interesting events and friendly staff–and a live video feed if you can’t make it to the show!

5. Aaron April 30, 2009 at 14:25 #

Mt. Tabor (3 blocks from home!) Someday lounge is good too!

6. dr_dresch April 30, 2009 at 15:53 #

I agree the Doug Fir really does have great sound.

7. Kimberly Mc April 30, 2009 at 19:51 #

Doug Fir, definately! Love the vibe and the sound!

8. Austin April 30, 2009 at 20:08 #

I prefer house shows personally…

9. KimJSCP May 1, 2009 at 05:10 #

The Aladdin. Great location (for me) and the shows are always good with a lot of variety. I find that while there are a lot of places that have a lot of good and even great shows, the Aladdin never books anything less.

For smaller venues, a lot really depends on the crowd that night and that is somewhat dictated by the performer.

10. Dawn May 6, 2009 at 08:57 #

Roseland has the best acoustics by far, and has the added thrill of being a total fire hazard and ceilings that open up to the rain on just the right night. Berbati’s Pan always has great shows, too, and the acoustics aren’t bad there, either. The Crystal’s floor is fun, but the sound is awful!