If you tell me you don't like Twitter — I'll look you right in the face [probably a bit too closely] and say "Give it time."Ãƒâ€š If you're a Twattict (Twitter addict — yeah, I made it up) like myself and the other PDXPipeline crew members, then you'll love this event.
Tomorrow night, at the Green Dragon, a dramatic Twitter reading will commence — titled What The Shit. This will be an event that allows us all to finally connect faces to at-signs and hashtag trends. We all have literary, Twitterverse and knitting Queen, Melissa Lion, to thank for the organizing.
The following information is from the What The Shit information page:
Friday May 22, 2009Ãƒâ€š at 5:00pm
Green Dragon Bistro & Brewpub
Rules of What the Shit
- Readers will sign up at Beer and Blog fifteen minutes prior to start time and readers will read in order of signing up. There will be an actual piece of paper and pen for the sign up. A writer will be on hand to help anyone with this technology.
- What the Shit will last for 40 minutes. If you don't get a chance, then sign up sooner next time.
- Each reader reads a maximum of six tweets in his/her best dramatic tone and/or poetry voice.
- All emoticons must be spelled out. LOL can be pronounced. Hashtags are to be be identified as pound sign [text].
- The author of the post must be credited at the end.
- All posts are fair game.
- Repeats of tweets are fine and, in certain cases, encouraged.
- Be mindful of the narrative arc of your reading.
- If one of your tweets is read, this is a compliment. Remember, there's no crying in Twitter dramatic readings. Chest beating and keening are okay.
- You must have an active Twitter presence to take part in What the Shit.
- Any and all internet documentation of What the Shit is encouraged, and the hashtag #whattheshit has been reserved.
For further information, check out the What The Shit event page!
When?: Friday 5:00 p.m. (4:45 if you want to read some tweets)
Where?: Green Dragon Bistro
How much?: Nothing! YAY!