There are many different benefits in Portland for the Haiti. We are creating this list of Portland events. Most of them are donating proceeds to Portland Mercy Corps or Red Cross. You can read about their efforts here along with the latest news on the ground in Haiti.
Also, from Patrick Coleman @ the Mercury (Dining for Haiti):
If you're dining out this weekend, look for area restaurateurs who will be donating a portion of their proceeds to aid the recovery efforts in Haiti. Today we received word of two such benefits.
Here is an extensive list of local shopping choices to support Haiti relief from Milagros Boutique.
Portland Haiti Benefit Events:
(Please comment below of ones that are not yet on the list.)
- January 21: “Songs for Haiti” Benefit @ Aladdin Theater | Thomas Lauderdale (Pink Martini), Portland Cello Project, Storm Large & More
- January 21-23: East Burn Hosts Three Day Haitian Benefit: Music, Prizes, Drink Specials
- January 24: Haiti Benefit @ Holocene With Pyramiddd (formerly Starfucker), DeelayÃƒâ€š Ceelay
- January 24: NW Visitors Productions, KBOO, & Mt. Tabor Theater Present “Helping Haiti: A community concert for a critical cause”
- January 28: Salsa/Tango For Disaster Relief: Dance the night away -9:30 p.m. at P:EAR, 338 NW 6th Ave. $10 suggested donation; visit the Facebook page for more information at http://bit.ly/7yMe9i
- January 31: Club 915: Buffet, live music and dancing. 5 p.m. $10 cover; 100% of proceeds goes to Haiti relief. More info at http://bit.ly/2FC7p6
- February 20, 21: Haiti Crisis Relief Music Festival: 20+ bands, 20+ hours of music. , noon to midnight. Sunday, Feb. 21, noon to 10 p.m. Free admission; 100% of door donations to Haiti relief. Primetime Bar & Grill, 16015 SE Stark. More info at http://bit.ly/6IK0XR
Restaurant donations (after the break)….
- Marcos Cafe (SW 35th & Multnomah Blvd): January 21, 2010 – 25% of ALL proceeds will be donated to Mercy Corp for direct disaster relief efforts in Haiti
- Biwa (215 SE 9th Ave): January 17th -10% of sales to aid victims of the earthquake
- Lincoln (3808 N Williams St.): Lincoln will be donating 5 percent of our food sales this weekend to Mercy Corps ongoing Haiti relief efforts.