Smash Putt: Portland’s Adult Miniature Golf Apocalypse + Win Tickets

If you did not know by now, there is a temporary miniature golf / art exhibition in on West Burnside. It’s called Smash Putt and it is here for less than a month. It’s a different take on the traditional putt-putt style as there are mazes, buzz saws, golf ball shooting gatling guns and ummm…apparently “roller skating dogs”. Perhaps the best part though, it is adult only and they serve drinks!

-------------------------------------

PDX Pipeline Portland Events Iphone & Android App

Our new Portland Events App for PDX Pipeline is now available for iPhones, Android phones and iPads!

Now, you can have all of the great Portland events from our website in the palm of your hand including Portland smash putt when you're out on the town.

Download the App for iPhone here

Download the App for Android here

------------------------------

Reminder: We give out free tickets to our Portland Facebook Group including to many of the top music and art venues in Portland. We have several pairs to give out for Smash Putt this weekend so join & win if you like free stuff.

——————

Photo is by K.C. Stimson. You can see more Smash Putt photos on Flickr here.

From Smash Putt:
Smash Putt Cannons, Portland, Oregon; Photo by K.C. StimsonSMASH PUTT!
Miniature Golf Apocalypse

As of March 12th, Smash Putt has officially assaulted Portland!  An interactive art exhibition that defies the ordinary and has no equal, Smash Putt brings a unique twist on miniature golf to provide hours of vivifying exploration and mildly dangerous mechanized frivolity to the masses.

With ball destruction, centripetal actuators, accelerator pads, ball bouncers, moving walls, roller-skating dogs, and secret passages, no golf ball survives the onslaught of Smash Putt! For four short weeks, this new 13-hole course of deviousness and dastardly delights is open to the public in Portland’s Goose Hollow District.

The holes are comprised of drill presses, catapults, spinning objects, vertical mazes, buzz saws, and high velocity air-powered, golf ball shooting gattling guns. Developed by an all-star assembly of artists sprung from asylums across America, Smash Putt is not to be missed. It is an experience like no other!

Two bars service this all-adult rehabilitation of Miniature Golf. Seriously malicious competition is par for the course. Smash Putt is created by The Department of Culture Collective, an organization containing artists, builders, prop masters, and lighting designers from across the country.

BUY YOUR TICKETS NOW! The last city was completely sold out. To purchase tickets, visit
www.smashputt.com.

SMASH PUTT, Miniature Golf Apocalypse
www.smashputt.com
1719 West Burnside, Portland, Oregon 97209
Friday, March 19 & Saturday, March 20 6pm – 1:30am
Sunday, March 21 6pm -12am
Friday, March 26 & Saturday, March 27 6pm – 1:30am
Sunday, March 28 6pm ? 12am
Friday, April 2 & Saturday, April 3 6pm – 1:30am
Sunday, April 4 6pm – 12am
21+, $10 – $12, Tickets may be purchased at www.smashputt.com

, , ,

18 Responses to Smash Putt: Portland’s Adult Miniature Golf Apocalypse + Win Tickets

1. Kyle Moss March 18, 2010 at 14:32 #

I get confused on how to win tickets for the events you list. I’ve joined the facebook group, and I don’t see any instructions. I know in the past you’ve indicated that you need to get someone to join thru email to win, but I’ve run out of people to steer this way. Sometime I know people leave comments to win. So anyway, I’d love to get a pair of tickets to putt putt if this is the correct way to enter.

2. Jason B March 18, 2010 at 14:37 #

I’ll go. Love mini golf.

3. Lisa March 18, 2010 at 18:54 #

Yeah, I’d love to sign up to win tickets!

4. Brian L March 18, 2010 at 19:44 #

I would love a pair of tickets to this event. Mini-golf was the first date my wife and I went on. Obviously we had a great time and hit it off but we have not been to a mini-golf place since. That was 27 years ago. Now the opportuntiy to revist a mini-golf place, especially one with a adult theme, would be an awesome flashback to the past. Hook us up…….please.

5. Megan March 18, 2010 at 22:29 #

I would LOVE a pair of tickets for Saturday night, please!

6. andrea March 19, 2010 at 06:49 #

While not completely sure, I think this sounds like one of the coolest things ever! I do miss miniature golf (east coast transplant) – but these sounds far more destructive. And there’s booze!

7. Sue cool March 20, 2010 at 12:04 #

Yay! I love the idea!! I want tickets please!!!

8. Keegan March 20, 2010 at 19:02 #

Hook me up some tickets if you still got any left.

9. shelb March 25, 2010 at 15:06 #

I would love to go to Smash Putt Saturday night!

10. Lauriel March 25, 2010 at 16:09 #

I’ll join the crowd in saying I’d love a pair of tickets, but wasn’t sure how to get them through the facebook group.

11. Jessica March 25, 2010 at 17:43 #

I’m down for any Friday night at Smashputt!

12. Jason Barton March 25, 2010 at 22:00 #

I would like to go on Saturday at 6pm if Possible. I tried last week but I failed to mention a time and day. So I was told to try again this week. Thanks,

Jason

13. Krista Kelley March 26, 2010 at 09:44 #

I would love to go either night but tonight would be better. So excited to play. We are broke and we really wanted to do this before it was over. Please?

14. Yossi March 26, 2010 at 10:37 #

I would love tickets either today or Tomorrow!

15. kim March 26, 2010 at 11:50 #

I agree. I am a fb member, too. But don’t get how the free tix work. Anywho…. I would LUV free admission into the smash putt — how rad!

• Julian Chadwick March 26, 2010 at 11:52 #

Thanks for the comment. We are taking submissions through email. Info on how to enter is here: http://pdx.be/tix-3-25 (Entries close at 4)

16. Steven March 26, 2010 at 20:16 #

I’d like to go…alone (family in LA w/out me). Any tix left? I NEED to get the hell out of my house. New to PDX and wife and I are separating soon. A drink and a laugh would be really nice right now.

17. Kirk April 16, 2010 at 17:00 #

I want Smash Putt!!!!!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Elf costumes??? - March 19, 2010

[...] Smash Putt: Portland's Adult Miniature Golf Apocalypse + Win … [...]

2. Portland Video: Smash Putt! « Portland Events: Music, Art, Entertainment, Sustainability - March 22, 2010

[...] Smash Putt: Portland’s Adult Miniature Golf Apocalypse + Win Tickets [...]

3. Join Our Portland Facebook Group & Win Free Tickets Every Week « Portland Events: Music, Art, Entertainment, Sustainability | PDXPIPELINE.com - March 25, 2010

[...] Smash Putt [...]

4. Win Portland Tickets: Roller Derby, Roseland, Goodfoot, Berbati’s, Holocene, Wonder Ballroom, Aladdin Theater + More « Portland Events: Music, Art, Entertainment, Sustainability | PDXPIPELINE.com - March 25, 2010

[...] Events, P…Aviva on 2010 Bridgetown Comedy Festiva…Join Our Portland Fa… on Smash Putt: Portland’s A…Zach on 2010 Bridgetown Comedy Festiva…Last Thursday @ Good… on March 25: Last [...]

5. Portland Sunday Events: March 28 « Portland Events: Music, Art, Entertainment, Sustainability | PDXPIPELINE.com - March 28, 2010

[...] on March 26-28: The third annual …Matt K on March 26-28: The third annual …Steven on Smash Putt: Portland’s A…Julian Chadwick on March 27: Breakneck Betties vs…Nikeisah on Win Portland Tickets: Roller [...]

6. Smash Putt Miniature Golf Apocolypse Pictures + Win Tickets! « Portland Events: Music, Art, Entertainment, Sustainability | PDXPIPELINE.com - March 30, 2010