Sunday: Tokyo Police Club at Aladdin Theater + Win Tickets

From our partners at Aladdin Theater:

Canadian indie rockers Tokyo Police Club are coming to town this Sunday, August 15th to play the Aladdin Theater in support of their new album "Champ." While there are still a few tickets left on Ticketmaster , you can win two free tickets (and more) by participating in the band's ongoing "Champ Championship."

At each stop on their tour, Tokyo Police Club is asking local fans to challenge them to… well, anything! Water balloon toss, relay race, street hockey — it's all fair game. Check out the video below for footage from a recent Champ Championship in New York City.

To Win Tickets: Suggest a challenge by commenting on this post. The winner will receive two tickets to the show on August 15th, a CD signed by the band and (of course) the chance to take on Tokyo Police Club in their own Champ Championship before the show.

Are you up to the challenge? Submit your idea now for a chance to win!

, , , ,

13 Responses to Sunday: Tokyo Police Club at Aladdin Theater + Win Tickets

1. sarah August 9, 2010 at 09:52 #

oh I know, I know! Ultimate frisbee! A quick game of 4 on 4? Or there are tons of other Frisbee games like Suzie sticks if you want to get a little crazy… (http://en.academic.ru/dic.nsf/enwiki/3224487) I would love to see them play! (both ultimate and at the Aladdin!)

2. JS Martin August 9, 2010 at 10:01 #

Mondo Croquet….same rules, same game, except played with Bowling balls and Sledgehammers

3. Blanca Villalobos August 9, 2010 at 15:30 #

Oh heck yeah, I would go for a pinball challenge! I’d take them on with Mars Attack or Dr. Who !!!

4. Roddy Jasa August 9, 2010 at 16:12 #

I challenge them to glow in the dark disc golf

5. Danny Donaldson August 9, 2010 at 17:08 #

I’ve got a great one, Chainsaw Arm Bears Massacre, where each of us gather to make a circle, rev our chainsaw arms, and begin to duel, all against all. Legs and arms can be “removed”, and you are eliminated once you “lose your head!” A quick and easy set up, but one of the most intense games I have ever played with my friends.

6. Colleen Cole August 10, 2010 at 05:37 #

I challenge them to a salsa dance off! :)

7. Jackie August 10, 2010 at 19:49 #

I’m all about the card games. So I suggest Egyptian Ratscrew.

But in the off chance you don’t know it I challange you to a game of “Red light, green light” following a death match of “Red Rover”

8. Darcey Priss August 11, 2010 at 01:23 #

I would like to challenge them to a game Scrabble! Or a more physical challenge like hop scotch!

9. james August 12, 2010 at 15:41 #

Basketball. (and, no, I can’t dunk :)

10. Mark Fields August 12, 2010 at 15:50 #

How about an ALL YOU CAN EAT HOT DOG CONTEST? I already asked the owner of Nick’s Famous Coney Island on Hawthorne and She would Love to make it Happen !!! % D

11. Sara August 12, 2010 at 15:53 #

Shuffleboard- not table but the real deal- full On shuffleboard- outdoor court with disks and ques.

12. Alex Williams August 15, 2010 at 18:38 #

A challenge to a white water belly surfing race on the Little Sandy River. I am the reigning champ.

Or…a food cart bike challenge from St. Johns to Sellwood.

Your choice!

13. andy August 15, 2010 at 18:47 #

We take turns interpretive dancing lines fromPitchfork’s 4.2 review of Freelance Whales Weathervanes as read by Judah Dadone.