One of Portland's favorite events returns this weekend–BACONFEST. Over 2,500 people attended the event last year and well, Portland is in a record-breaking mood right now, so expect even more this Saturday.
- Our Portland Events List
- 2010 Alberta Street Fair: Parade, Music, Vendors, BeerÃƒâ€š Garden
- Bill Burr @ Helium Comedy Club | HBO's "One Night Stand" & "Chappelle'sÃƒâ€š Show"
- Win Tickets —>The Three-Minute Picture Show Black Tie Gala @ Clinton Street Theater
From press release:
2nd Annual Celebration of Portland's Love of Bacon
Saturday, 8/21 Ãƒâ€š· Noon-8pm
1800 East Burnside
PDX.FM is proud to present the 2nd annual 2010 Portland Baconfest. On August 21, 2010 from 12PM-8PM there will be a block party like no other celebrating all things bacon. Baconfest will be held on the street at 18th and Burnside next to The East Burn.
Over 2,500 bacon lovers attended the 2009 Portland Baconfest-this year we're shooting for double. Twice the bacon, people, vendors, contests, bands, and prizes. This year there will be over two dozen Northwest vendors, two food carts, 4 local bands, and a DJ along with a baconeating contest, a bacon dance-off, prizes, beer, vodka, raffles, professional skateboarders and more – all to celebrate the meaty magical goodness that is bacon.
$5 – ADVANCE TICKETS NOW AVAILABLE @ Brownpaper tickets.
Sponsored by: East Burn, MacTarnahan's Beer, Bacon Salt, Bacon Skateboards, Tiny Meat, Skillet Bacon Jam, Bakon Vodka, Parker's Waffles, Das Foods, Get Fit Portland, Salted Caramel, and so many more. [Emily Gibson]
Schedule of events:
- 12:00 Opening Ceremonies + Contest — The Bacon Mile (ends 5pm)
- 01:00 Live Music — The KOS
- 02:00 Contest — Bacon Toss
- 03:00 Live Music — Target for Tomorrow and the Horns of Destruction
- 04:00 Contest — Bacon Eat-Off
- 05:00 Live Music — Drain
- 06:00 Bacon Dance-Off
- 07:00 Live Music — Kym Krash Band