We are giving away a pair of tickets ($150 value!) for “Karnaval Portland”. To win, comment on this post why you would like to attend. Winner will be drawn & emailed Friday, August 27 @ 3PM.
Reminder: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every month to our Portland Facebook Group for many of the top events & venues in PDX. Join it if you like free stuff. Not on Facebook? Join our email list and win there.
From our partners at Karnaval Portland
Kanaval Portland! is coming to town. Eight months after earthquakes devastated Haiti, more than 1 million children remain orphaned or displaced. Kanaval Portland! is the brainchild of Portland attorney Bill Pierznik who adopted a son from Haiti and is now tirelessly working to raise funds for Haitian orphanages through Mangrove Fund.
The event is inspired by Kanaval Haiti, the biggest festival of the year that celebrates music, dancing and the country's rich African and Creole heritage. It's also one heck of a party!
"This isn't your typical, stuffy fundraiser. The cause is also near to my heart as an adoptive parent," says Pierznik.
A Haiti fundraiser sponsored by Mangrove Fund
Adults only (21 and over)
Saturday, August 28, 2010
6:00pm — 10:00pm
River View Picnic Area at Oaks Amusement Park 7805 SE Oaks Park Way Portland OR 97202 | $75
This party will pull out all the stops and feature:
- MC for the night is the fabulous Darcelle
- Live music from The Kung Pao Chickens
- Complimentary beer and wine
- Southern down home traditional goodness prepared by Miss Delta
- Traditional carnival entertainment with stilt walkers, jugglers, and clowns
- Belly dancing performance by Jewels
- Fire dancing performance by Shireen PressTarot card reading by Karen Campbell and caricatures by Barbara PikusBoulder Dash, gladiator jousting arena, dunk tank, lawn games and more!
About Mangrove Fund
Since 2007, Mangrove Fund, a Portland-based 501(c)(3) entity, has provided development and rebuilding assistance to Haiti. The organization provides education, health care and community development assistance to the people of Haiti and is now focused on rebuilding efforts after the devastating earthquakes. For information on Mangrove Fund, call 503.445.4090 or visit www.mangrovefund.org.
For more information on this event, contact Jules Rupae at 503.675.2588 or email@example.com