Win Tickets ($50): Bonobo @ Wonder Ballroom (November 29)

Pipeline has partnered with DoubleTee and we have a pair of tickets to Bonobo at Wonder Ballroom on Sunday, November 29th. To win, comment on this post why you you like to attend by Monday, November 29 at 3PM.

Reminder: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every month to our Portland Facebook Group for many of the top events & venues in PDX. Join it if you like free stuff. Not on Facebook? Join our email list and win there.

From our partners at DoubleTee:

Double Tee Concerts and Abstract Earth Project Present:Bonobo (LIVE), Tokimonsta

November 29, 2010
WONDER BALLROOM

8:00pm Doors, 9:00pm Show; All Ages
Tickets available online here & through all Ticketmaster locations. Or to charge by phone call 1.503.224.4400

Simon Green aka Bonobo returns with his fourth, most eagerly-anticipated and most accomplished album to date, the magnificent 'Black Sands'. Green proves once and for all with 'Black Sands' that he is an artist and producer with his sights set on much higher prizes than to rule any dusty subgenre of dance music.

This is a record of epic reach and massive emotional pull, all held together by Green's understanding of composition and arrangement of live instruments (most of them also played by him) as well as his complete mastery of the tricks and techniques of the digital age. 'Black Sands' is the most contemporary record he has ever made. Since 2006's “Days To Come,” he has become one of Ninja Tune's biggest artists, with over 15 million plays on Last.FM and a series of sell-out band tours which have moved from venues such as the Luminaire to the Kentish Town Forum and the Roundhouse (where the band will play on 29th May).

This combination of superb live shows and studio wizardry means that he is now perfectly placed to push on into a yet bigger league. With “Black Sands,” Bonobo has made the progressive record to achieve it.

, , ,

29 Responses to Win Tickets ($50): Bonobo @ Wonder Ballroom (November 29)

1. geoffrey wang November 25, 2010 at 13:42 #

hey- am a huge fan of not only bonobo, but also of andreya triana’s solo cd and tokimonsta as well. plus, this is my birthday on november 29th! i was fortunate enough to get to see the herbaliser on my birthday 2 years ago. this show should be just as good!

2. Bud Khuth November 25, 2010 at 15:05 #

Because I’m a music fiend…Bonobo is soothing beats. I gets down with da grooves.

3. Kalianne November 25, 2010 at 16:06 #

I would be indebted to you guys if I got to see Bonobo on the 29th! It would seriously make the fact that I couldn’t afford a ticket home to Georgia for Thanksgiving a thousand times better. I’ve gotten to experience the Wonder once before and cannot even envision how great Bonobo will sound there. Happy Turkey Day! Gobble gobble.

4. Justin November 25, 2010 at 17:40 #

Would love to see this show. I just started getting into Bonobo about 6 months ago on a friends recommendation. He said they are great live, too. Would love to check it out!

5. Ian November 25, 2010 at 17:41 #

Because Bonobo’s are hot yo!

6. nikki November 25, 2010 at 19:51 #

I will set the dancefloor on FIRE! Need I say more?

7. Kathryn November 25, 2010 at 20:06 #

Yesss pleeeease! I need to shake it to some soul grooving goodness to stay warm and heat up the wonder ballroom :) And burn off these thanksgiving calories!

• Deanna November 25, 2010 at 23:23 #

I haven’t been to a show in eons and would love to see this one.

8. Rich Pedersen November 26, 2010 at 08:09 #

Aside from being an awesome band/musician, Bonobo’s are probably the smartest, most amazing apes. They are very human. Check out this video from TED.com: http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/susan_savage_rumbaugh_on_apes_that_write.html

9. Kate November 26, 2010 at 08:24 #

The chance to win tix
    On November twenty ninth
    Inspires haiku

(But seriously, what a delicious band!)

10. JOSH November 26, 2010 at 08:51 #

BONOBO WOULD BE RAD! Never seen them Live..The EMAIL said Sunday, November 29th….Just so ya’ know….This year the 29th is a Monday! :) And, I would be happy to go ANY day! :)

11. Shawn November 26, 2010 at 09:42 #

I’ve been listening to the new bonobo all fall – I’m obsessed with it. I can’t imagine anyone wanting to see him more!

12. ayarcy November 26, 2010 at 10:22 #

cause bonobo with a live band sounds like too much fun.

13. Emily November 26, 2010 at 10:55 #

Seeing this concert would be amazing. It would be the best start to the week.

14. Kazzy November 26, 2010 at 11:01 #

Becuz I was already planning to call in sick Monday for this! I’ll be able to take my sister and her friend with this!

15. shane November 26, 2010 at 11:29 #

because i need to get out of the house

16. a single momma November 26, 2010 at 12:25 #

Sometimes it feels good to get lost in a groove. I spend the majority of my hours swirling in responsibility; a raising a tween, Monday – Friday to make ends meet… a break now and then can be the perfect reprive

17. bryan sylvain November 26, 2010 at 13:44 #

love bonobo! full band too!

18. michael November 26, 2010 at 13:59 #

Bonobo’s awesome and there’s going to be tons of beautiful ladies in attendance, spinning in circles i would imagine

19. Moira November 26, 2010 at 19:16 #

Would be the perfect added surprise to my husband’s 30th birthday weekend to be able to take him to see Bonobo! We are huge fans, but haven’t been able to see him (or with his live band) in many years. Please help me give him this surprise <3

20. Eric November 26, 2010 at 19:52 #

I love Bonobo and have never seen them live. A friend is in from outta town and this would make his night, too.

21. Thea November 26, 2010 at 19:54 #

I would love seeing Bonobo at the WonderBallroom even more than having a cocktail upstairs at the Secret Society Lounge. That is saying something, have you seen their Spanish Coffee? Yowza. Both of those things in combination would make my night/week/month. Thanks!

22. ethan November 27, 2010 at 12:43 #

i’ve never heard of bonobo, but they must be good if they are playing the wonder. my main squeeze is way on the east coast, and i’m looking to keep myself out of trouble, so please send me the tickets pronto!

23. abby November 28, 2010 at 15:24 #

After a 48 hour journey from arcata to portland ( half of which was spent in tow trucks) I finally arrived to my friends house and they were playing bonobo! I began to rave about how much I love bonobo (and bonobos) and they told me about this show! I would love to go so much as I’ve been trying to see him for years, but I’m broke!! Would be eternally grateful for tickets!!! <3

24. Niko November 28, 2010 at 23:16 #

I’ve been looking forward to this show since I arrived in Portland 4 months ago. My roommate and I are huge fans of bonobo and recently TOKimonsta as well! Unfortunately we just spent every last dime of ours in an adventure to Vancouver and had to hitchhike back. We are left penniless and without tickets. Help us out!

25. Keone November 29, 2010 at 10:28 #

The first time I heard the Mr. Scruff remix “Terrapin” I feel in love with this band. Like all their labelmates on Ninja Tunes, they have great production values and an organic groove that adds dimension the electronic elements.

My girlfriend broke down on the coast and is trying to get to Portland to see the show tonight. It would make her day to get a free ticket!

26. Laura November 29, 2010 at 11:26 #

I would surprise one of my best friends. He LOVES Bonobo! What’s in it for me? (Dance-maniac!) Soothed & twirling on the dance floor

27. Roger November 29, 2010 at 11:53 #

I want to see this humble man perform his music LIVE, with a full band!

28. Tucker November 7, 2011 at 21:38 #

Bonobo is my favorite artist of all time, and I would love to see him live so so much!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. MANY Portland Weekend Events, Parties, Free Tickets | November 26-28 « Portland Events: Music, Art, Entertainment, Sustainability | PDXPIPELINE.com - November 26, 2010

[...] Win Tickets ($50): Bonobo @ Wonder Ballroom (November 29) [...]

2. MANY Portland Weekend Events, Parties, & Free Tickets | November 26-28 « Portland Events: Music, Art, Entertainment, Sustainability | PDXPIPELINE.com - November 26, 2010

[...] Win Tickets ($50): Bonobo @ Wonder Ballroom (November 29) [...]

3. Portland Sunday Events: Holidays, Music, Trail Blazers « Portland Events: Music, Art, Entertainment, Sustainability | PDXPIPELINE.com - November 28, 2010

[...] Win Tickets ($50): Bonobo @ Wonder Ballroom (November 29) [...]