Win Tickets: This Weekend @ Goodfoot Lounge | Soul Stew & Zach Deputy

Pipeline has partnered with Goodfoot Lounge on SE Stark & 29th, and we are giving away tickets to many of their shows. To win, comment on this post WHICH SHOW & WHY YOU'D LIKE TO ATTEND. Winners drawn and emailed Friday, November 26 at 3PM.

From our partners at Goodfoot Lounge:

Friday, November 26, 2010
SOUL STEW FEATURING DJ AQUAMAN @ 9:00pm

The classic Friday night of funk, soul and breakbeats with DJ Aquaman. $5

Saturday, November 27th, 2010
ZACH DEPUTY, KORY QUINN BAND @ 9:00pm

There is nothing out there like Zach Deputy. Truly a one-man band, he is a powerhouse of performance, technical chops, and one hell of a charismatic presence. What Zach does is live looping: layering sounds through the magic of technology to create a full band effect. He isn't the only performer out there doing this, but he has taken the technique to the next level. First and foremost, however, Zach Deputy is a songwriter, a shredding guitarist and a soulful singer with a 4+ octave vocal range.

He can also drop freestyle rhymes with the best of them. The Zach Deputy sound is essentially roots rock, but in his case the roots are in soul, calypso and dancehall, underpinned by driving hip-hop, rock steady, Motown and Stax backbeats created with his layered vocal beatboxing. On top of the backbeat, Zach Deputy's nylon strings pull multiple duties as bass, rhythm and lead guitar. Riding over that, a plethora of sounds— keyboard, steel drums and an entire horn section— come pumping and grinding out of the speakers when Zach takes the stage. He is a one man dance party, but he can also bring an audience to rapt attention with a heartfelt love ballad. As his High Sierra performance this year can attest, Zach is currently killin' it when he takes the stage. $8

, , ,

10 Responses to Win Tickets: This Weekend @ Goodfoot Lounge | Soul Stew & Zach Deputy

1. Colleen Cole November 25, 2010 at 14:48 #

I love Zach Deputy! Would love tickets :)

2. Josh C. November 25, 2010 at 15:04 #

This would be a perfect addition to my in-town Thanksgiving holiday! Hope I win!

3. Kimberly November 25, 2010 at 17:09 #

I just discovered Zach via the Mountain Jam festival this year and I LOVE him! I really need an excuse to get out this weekend and do something for myself after this (wonderful but stressful) holiday :)

4. CyCascade November 25, 2010 at 20:21 #

Gearin up with my best foot forward
    for a wild night with DJ Waterman and Zach, yeah!

5. Stephen November 25, 2010 at 22:42 #

Zach Deputy just might change my life. You see, I am irresistibly drawn to the art of beatbox. And I have been known to craft a song or two on my Martin’s mellow strings. So an opportunity to witness a man who combines the two (or eleven) could prove the catalyst for my own artistic awakening. If nothing else, it would be a damn good time.

6. B November 26, 2010 at 08:41 #

I love the goodfoot and I love Zach Deputy

7. sMed November 26, 2010 at 10:29 #

Zach would be a perfect punctuating point to my Thanksgiving hooooray! … whisky and beerbacks and the magic of technology is where I’d like to be!
    Tickets please>?

8. Pete Stewart November 26, 2010 at 10:55 #

I need to dance and give some love to this performer on sat night ! I would bring some family and just get down! thanks and good luck to all!

9. ethan November 27, 2010 at 12:44 #

zack deputy, please. i want to learn more about his one-man techniques, as i too am an aspiring spare-room tycoon.

10. rick December 2, 2010 at 20:33 #

cool

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Win Portland Tickets & Prizes: Trail Blazers, Saturday Market, Holocene, Mississippi Studios, Wonder Ballroom, Roseland, Good « Portland Events: Music, Art, Entertainment, Sustainability | PDXPIPELINE.com - November 25, 2010

[...] click BUTTON for feed Win Tickets: This Weekend @ Goodfoot Lounge | Soul Stew & Zach Deputy [...]

2. MANY Portland Weekend Events, Parties, Free Tickets | November 26-28 « Portland Events: Music, Art, Entertainment, Sustainability | PDXPIPELINE.com - November 26, 2010

[...] Win Tickets: This Weekend @ Goodfoot Lounge | Soul Stew & Zach Deputy [...]

3. MANY Portland Weekend Events, Parties, & Free Tickets | November 26-28 « Portland Events: Music, Art, Entertainment, Sustainability | PDXPIPELINE.com - November 26, 2010