Game 28: Portland Trail Blazers vs Golden State Warriors + Win Tickets

We have partnered with GoRipCity.com and giving away tickets to almost all Portland Trail Blazers games this season including a pair for Monday night's “Fear The Deer” game vs the Milwaukee Bucks .

To win, answer the following question in comments below:

Question: Brandon Roy predicts roster changes. What changes should/could the Blazers make if so? Winner will be drawn and emailed on Monday, December 20.

Also, email GOripCity@comcast.net to get on their last minute free & super discounted tickets list.

————————————————–

By Andy Popp

GAME 28: Blazers vs Golden State Warriors
December 18, 7PM; Comcast Sports
Related: Trail Blazers Games, Schedule, and WIN Tickets

——————————————

The Blazers got a much needed win last night against the lowly Minnesota Timberwolves. Tonight, they stay and home to do battle with the Oakland Golden State Warriors.

This is another favorable match-up for the Blazers. Even with Don Nelson out and Keith Smart in, the Warriors aren't a real NBA team. They're more or less playing pickup basketball out there. They're going to go small and run. That's the game plan.

David Lee and Andris Biendrins form a decent front-court that could give LaMarcus Aldridge and Marcus Camby (if he plays, went down with a shoulder injury last night) trouble, especially with this game being the second in as many days.

The Warriors on paper.
Starting five: David Lee, Dorell Wright, Andris Biedrins, Reggie Williams, Monta Ellis
Off the bench: Louis Amundson, Acie Law, Vladamir Radmonovic

MISCELLANEOUS NOTES
The Blazers face the Warriors again on Christmas.
Brandon Roy peered into the future and saw roster changes.
Nicolas Batum and Marcus Camby both went out with shoulder injuries last night.
The Orlando Magic shook things up.

STRATEGY
Once again, without Brandon Roy, expect the offense not to stagnate. This works well against a team like the Warriors that wants to get out and run.

LET'S GET RICH
To date: 10-11-1.
Blazers -5-5. At one point I was 9-4-1 for the season. Now i'm 10-11-1. My initial pick was the Warriors, so I'm going to ignore that and take the Blazers.

TRADE ME
Rudy Fernandez had a nice game last night. I'll defer to MoodyFernandez for this one: You know I plays well when it is garbage time. Lucky for me, entire game against treewolf qualify as garbage time.

NUMBER OF BACK TO BACKS THIS SEASON (IN SETS)

NEXT 5
vs Milwaukee
@ Golden State
@ Utah
@ Denver
vs Jazz

BOTTOM LINE
With a win the Blazers will be back at .500 for the season.

, ,

15 Responses to Game 28: Portland Trail Blazers vs Golden State Warriors + Win Tickets

1. JohnE December 18, 2010 at 17:10 #

Don’t get hurt. But that is like saying don’t get old.

2. DaveG December 18, 2010 at 17:44 #

start batum and bring brandon off the bench. Trade for a center. Wish we could have worked a deal for gortat with orlando. This team needs to go through lamarcus now and be a more uptempo team. I think with miller, matthews, batum, aldridge and camby we can make some noise!!

3. Eric December 18, 2010 at 18:12 #

Trade MoodyFernandez (and a lesser known) to Charlotte for Jackson and Wallace! Go Blaze!

4. Pete December 18, 2010 at 18:39 #

Honestly I think they’d be better off without Roy. He isn’t good enough to play without a point guard, but he complains when he doesn’t have the ball. If he can get healthy enough to get value, a trade for Chris Paul and a young center (Marc Gasol?) while shippping out some combination of Roy, Miller, and Camby would be nice. Paul, Matthews, Batum, Aldridge, and M. Gasol would be a better lineup than what the Blazers have now.

5. JOSH December 18, 2010 at 18:46 #

Whatever goes down, I would LOVE to be there Monday night!!!!

6. DaveG December 18, 2010 at 20:59 #

it’s hard for me I am/was a huge roy fan. But since miller got here I have seen another side of roy I don’t particularly like. These guys are paid millions of dollars to play a game and the least they could do is get along. I know roy misses his pals that got traded away but has anyone really noticed that before andre got here we had a hard time getting the ball in to a deep post player…specifically oden. I remember watching many turnovers from blake and bayless and even rudy and roy trying to get the ball down low. Miller makes it look effortless. We need to find a PG that can push it up but is also able to distribute like miller. I think Paul is a pipedream unless we gave away all our building blocks.

7. Amy December 19, 2010 at 02:16 #

BATUMman should totally start!
    GO BLAZERS!!!
    I have NEVER been to a Blazer game, and my best friend is from Milwaukie…this would absolutely make me the happiest girl in ALL of Portland to see them play! Blazers+taking someone you love with you=AMAZING!

8. Julia December 19, 2010 at 07:55 #

I think any changes should involve Mills taking more of a leadership role – structure around him. IMHO. Trades will happen – but structure around the players who can be a leader and they’ll all play well. HE ROCKS!!!

9. Bobbie December 19, 2010 at 12:59 #

I have no idea what changes they should make…I’ll have to win free tickets and go to the game to see how they look in person before I’m able to make a decision!

10. Christian Aniciete December 20, 2010 at 00:11 #

Don’t get hurt, stay healthy, and keep their focus on the game. If the Blazers can at least do these three things, they should be able to keep the momentum going. Go Blazers!

11. Colleen Cole December 20, 2010 at 02:45 #

Changes to the roster will only be for the better! That’s me being hopeful so if I win tickets, I’ll see the Blazers win a game! :)

12. Matt December 20, 2010 at 12:47 #

Go Blazers!

13. Will December 20, 2010 at 14:15 #

We have nothing to trade but Rudy everyone else is injured. And no doubt once Rudy gets traded he will become an all star – the other blazer curse

14. Andy December 20, 2010 at 14:56 #

Changes: start me. Or just send me to the game and I’ll cheer ‘em on.

15. Florence Rogers December 23, 2010 at 13:59 #

I see Joel Przybilla and/or Andre Miller being moved before the deadline. The pair have expiring contracts, which make them attractive to other teams. Plus, both players are pretty good and would certainly bring back value in return. That said, I would hate to see either go. I love Joel’s lunch-pail work ethic and Andre Miller’s stoic professionalism. Both have been great for the Blazers, but it seems logical that one or both would be moved. Go Blazers!