We are giving away a pair of tickets ($30!) to Everyone Orchestra's Pre-New Years Portland party at Alberta Rose Theater. To win, comment on this post why you would like to attend. Winner will be drawn on Monday, December 27.

————————————————

Everyone OrchestraThe Everyone Orchestra
The Last Thursday of 2010! “A Resolution to Play More!”
Thursday, December 30, Doors 8pm, Show at 9pm
The Alberta Rose Theater, 3000 Alberta St., Portland, OR 97211

Tickets: $15, buy online at www.albertarosetheatre.com CALL 503-719-655
Website: www.everyoneorchestra.com

**EVERYONE ORCHESTRA CONDUCTS ALL STAR IMPROVISATION FOR A PRE-NEW YEARS EVE EVENT**

The Everyone Orchestra, a nationally touring improv-based all star band brings it's unique audience participatory show to Portland at the Alberta Rose Theater for a Pre-New Years Eve extravaganza show on December 30, to celebrate the Last Thursday of 2010 and to get started on "A New Year's Resolution to play more!" Conductor Matt Butler will facilitate the musical improvisation of a revolving cast of stellar musicians from bands like The Motet, The March Fourth Marching Band, Vagabond Opera, Peak Experience Productions, and YOU.

The show will provide an exciting forum for fans to actively participate in the hub of Portland's fertile music scene. Featuring an interactive art installation and ritual for creating new years resolutions and dreams, and live painting. Don't let the chance to participate pass you by.

“For music aficionados who know the journey is the adventure and the destination is a fleeting flash of never-to-be-heard-again euphony, Butler and his ever-shifting troupe are a true treasure.” – The Denver Post

About Everyone Orchestra
How do you fit into the Everyone Orchestra? The fully improvised performance is the brainchild of founder Matt Butler, who incorporates the skill set of the assembled all-star line up with the voices and sounds of the audience for an energetic and participatory musical experience. Literally an orchestra where everyone in the room takes part, the Everyone Orchestra brings together its own brand of musical improvisation that must be experienced to be believed!

The list of Everyone Orchestra participants is an increasingly wide and intercontinental group including members of The Grateful Dead, Phish, moe., String Cheese Incident, The Flecktones, Dave Matthews Band, ALO, Tea Leaf Green and Adrian Belew, Steve Kimock, Taj Mahal, Maria Muldaur, Tuvan throat singers, live painters, dancers, chanters, choirs, hula hoopers, firespinners, jugglers, stiltwalkers, storytellers, a presidential candidate and hundreds of others among a growing legion of other performers.

Butler's version of breaking down the barriers between musician and audience derives in part from desert art festival Burning Man's ‘no spectators, only participants' ethic and is undoubtedly influenced by his old friend and mentor Ken Kesey, the king of the Merry Pranksters. The Everyone Orchestra is dedicated to working for good and has performed numerous concerts for non-profit organizations, coordinated donation drives for the needy, and has brought their brand of participatory performance to student groups, schools, hospitals, an orphanage and more.

The Last Thursday of 2010! “A Resolution to Play More!” with The Everyone Orchestra

Featuring:
Jans Ingber (The Motet)
Asher Fulero
Jamie Janover
Robin Jackson (Vagabond Opera, March Fourth Marching Band)
Russ Kleiner
Damian Erskine
Sarah King
Scott Pemberton
Mimi Naja (Fruition)
Conductor Matt Butler plus Johnny Dwork as Father Time and other surprises

, , , ,

19 Responses to Win Tickets ($30): The Everyone Orchestra Pre-New Years Portland Event @ Alberta Rose Theater | Members of March Fourth, Motet & More

1. Adam Crossley December 20, 2010 at 14:57 #

I’ve seen these guys several times a few years back at the Sierra Festival and also at a New Years show at the Wonder Ballroom and they are always awesome! Stellar musicians finding cool grooves and having a good time is a pleasure to watch. The only reason I haven’t seen them several more is that I’ve lived in China the past two and a half years and am back now to see the family during the holidays. This is a crucial alibi to prevent the Christmas eve extended family visits from going on too long!

2. Andrew G December 22, 2010 at 13:31 #

Wow, looks like a fun show, all the performers seem to be having a great time.
    I live just around the corner but have yet to check out a show since the Alberta Rose Theater opened. I am so glad to have the venue open though, it was wasted space before IMHO.
    So yeah I’d love to attend and finally get a chance to check out my new neighborhood venue.

3. heather December 23, 2010 at 10:53 #

I would absolutely LOVE to go to this. I love March Fourth and I’ve been wanting to see a Vagabond Opera too, but haven’t gotten to one yet. The audience interactive part has me especially excited, in particular the resolution creating ritual. It sounds fantastic and fun and I want to be there. :)

4. Traicy December 23, 2010 at 12:04 #

We have been wanting to go hear an orchestra all year and have not been able to. This would be a great end of the year gift for us :)

5. Martz December 23, 2010 at 19:38 #

Always a fun time. The last show I saw of EO was the Halloween show. It was a howling good time. Nice venue and great lineup this go round.

6. jolene williams December 23, 2010 at 23:51 #

What a way to welcome the new year and spend the last Thursday of 2010. Haven’t been to the New Alberta Rose yet, saw March 4th last night at the Bossanova Ballroom and it rocked, the whole show did. Would love to feel that energy again.

7. Lori December 24, 2010 at 00:59 #

Perfect way to end the year,
    Everyone Orchestra’s great I hear.
    Would love to be part of the play,
    PDX Pipeline, make my day!!

8. Madison Weiss December 24, 2010 at 06:05 #

What an awesome line up! It would be an honor to delight in such delicious musical silliness!

Outstanding! And so “Portland-esque!”

9. Eric December 24, 2010 at 10:28 #

This sounds like one of the most interesting events going down this year, I’d love to participate!

10. CJ December 24, 2010 at 10:41 #

I’d love to attend because I’ll have just traveled up to Portland & would love to see Everyone Orchestra at the Alberta Rose Theater. I have never seen a show there and would love to. I’ll make sure I scream loud when Matt shows us his signs…

11. Adrienne December 24, 2010 at 12:15 #

I would love to attend this musical extravaganza! The line up is pretty amazing and the venue rocks! Oh how I love PORTLAND!!

12. Roy nifoussi December 24, 2010 at 17:07 #

Wonderful group to listen to. You never know what to expect. Great musicians. Worth seeing/hearing.

13. Roy nifoussi December 24, 2010 at 17:07 #

14. ian ridgeway December 24, 2010 at 18:09 #

I am an aspiring musician with a band in Portland called “Just People”. I have never been to a show at the Alberta Rose Theater and think I could gain a lot from this interactive performance! Wahooo!

15. Madeline December 25, 2010 at 11:12 #

I’m always up for exciting experience I hope I get the chance to see them!

16. Anna December 27, 2010 at 14:47 #

Looks like a blast!

17. Malinda December 28, 2010 at 14:41 #

I would love to attend this event. I have not been to a live show in ages since I normally live way out in the boondocks.

18. Diane December 15, 2011 at 12:39 #

This sounds like a wonderful event.
    I have a friend visiting for the holidays and we need a fun musical event for one evening and this is the ticket.
    All the best to all.

19. Lisa December 26, 2010 at 06:23 #

On Sept. 5th my partner completely tore her hamstring muscle. After surgery she spent nearly two months on bedrest to allow healing. She’s been in physical therapy, which is gonna continue until February. Since she can finally get out and about, I’m looking for exciting events we can go to that she can enjoy. This looks like a very enjoyable evening!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Win Tickets To Pre-New Years Party @ Alberta Rose Theater « Portland New Years Parties, Events, Information and Pictures - December 20, 2010

[...] Continue reading and WIN TICKETS on Pipeline–> Win Tickets ($30): The Everyone Orchestra Pre-New Years Portland Event @ Alberta Rose Theater | Memb… [...]