Pipeline has a pair of tickets to the 2011 Portland Prom on Saturday, May 14. To win, comment on this post why you would like to attend. Winners will be drawn and emailed on Friday, April 29.

----------------------

From our sponsors at Just People:
Portland's Prom 2011
Saturday, May 14
9 p.m. | $10 | 21+
www.pdxprom.com
www.justpeoplemusic.com

Mt. Tabor Theater
4811 SE Hawthorne Street

For most, high school prom doesn't turn out to deliver everything that is expected of it. Lack of confidence, inability to legally drink, and sexual angst are all hurdles that the common attendee of a high school prom struggles to overcome. However, for the second year running Just People, with a sponsorship from Red Stag bourbon, is giving the people of Portland the chance to relive their high school prom as older, wiser, and legal adults.

Portland's Prom 2011, hosted by Just People, will be taking place Saturday May 14th at the Mt. Tabor Theater. Their will be four Djs spinning music throughout the night in both the concert hall and the lounge, two full bars with drink specials including prom punch, a professional photo booth taking pictures all night, live art and a gallery display by Dane Eisenbart, LED hula hoopers dancing on platforms above the audience, and Just People - a Portland based band and masterminds of the event- headlining the bill.

Dr. J will be opening the night at 9pm in the concert hall and Just People will follow around 11:00pm. After their set, Djs Mr. Wu and Ceez will be playing simultaneously in the concert hall and lounge respectively and Dj Barisone will close the night out on the main stage in the concert hall. Meanwhile, their will be a photo booth by Omar E and Kristal Passy throughout the night for everyone to show off their decadent prom attire. Make no mistake, both staff and attendees are expected to dress for a prom. So get a pair of tickets and start looking for a date, Portland's Prom 2011 is not to be missed.

, , ,

24 Responses to Win Tickets: 2011 PDX Prom @ Mt. Tabor Theater | Prom Dresses, Punch, Photo Booth, Music

1. Emily April 25, 2011 at 14:40 #

Looking for an excuse to come down to Portland and show some Seattlites how we Portlanders get down! This ‘feels right’. Just like prom night?? yikes. I wanna go.

2. Tom April 25, 2011 at 23:40 #

Never made it to prom. Maybe looking like a twelve year-old sapped all the confidence of a senior. Anyway, I no longer look 12, and this sounds fun.

3. Darcy B April 26, 2011 at 10:27 #

Would love to relive prom–yes please!!

4. Lindsey April 26, 2011 at 12:47 #

Would love to relive high school glory days of prom! And would love free tickets even more!

5. Tania Porter April 26, 2011 at 16:14 #

I have a closet full of ballgowns just waiting for a night on the town!!! I also got ditched at Denny’s after my prom so my date could go to a “bad behavior party”. Luckily, I’m now plenty old to partake in some bad behavior myself!!

6. Em April 28, 2011 at 10:41 #

If you choose me to win the tickets we can sneak out behind the bleachers and make-out. I’ll bring the flask, you bring the Pall Malls and I might even let you touch my boobs.

7. Brooke April 28, 2011 at 13:18 #

Whaaat? This event sounds a bit crazy, but I’m curious… I’d love to check it out.

8. Rob April 28, 2011 at 13:51 #

I PROMISE not to spike the punch

9. Matthew April 28, 2011 at 14:46 #

My date broke up with me two nights before prom.

Hopefully I’ll find a date and she won’t do the same.

If I win free tix, I’m sure to impress her, right?! Right?!?

10. Tandy April 28, 2011 at 15:57 #

Holy Pig! Sign me up! This is a brilliant idea and a perfect excuse to dress-up and party all night. Have heels, will dance.

11. Ian April 28, 2011 at 17:01 #

prom was awesome in high school and I would love to do it again without having to hide the booze!Em and I would be a perfect date!

12. Patricia Marienthal April 28, 2011 at 17:35 #

My mom didn’t let me go to my prom because Diane Sawyer didn’t go to hers. I don’t even know if thats true, I just know I need to correct this mistake in my life, if only vicariously through this event.

13. Erin April 28, 2011 at 18:01 #

Who doesnt want to have a second chance at prom? I want to actually have a chance to relive the dream prom I never had and truly enjoy myself!

14. Amber April 29, 2011 at 01:56 #

That would be so cool! I never had a prom so this would be really cool to be able to go

15. Alex April 29, 2011 at 16:58 #

This would make up for the whole Zoot suit thing back when….

16. Annie April 30, 2011 at 21:04 #

I would hire a plane to write it across the sky, or more likely write it in shaving cream on your driveway: “Will you go to the PROM” with me? (Cue Disney movie )

17. Jessica May 5, 2011 at 16:40 #

I’d love to relive the glory days. I will show up drunk in a cute dress and dance dance dance.

18. Davis May 6, 2011 at 08:53 #

Got my tails and my top hat, I am ready!

19. Ari May 9, 2011 at 15:29 #

The 14th is my best friends birthday. We both had a very uneventful prom and would love to have a chance to recreate the night and party till the break a dawn.
    “If your lost and you look then you will find me, time after time.” This is our song!!!!!

20. slug May 9, 2011 at 17:59 #

Finally a prom you can attend in style without all the other highschoolers looking at you funny!

21. Rebecca May 11, 2011 at 10:06 #

My best friend and I are planning the best weekend EVER… her husband’s out of town and I’m pretty excited about the fact that I’m single and summer is upon us. We are definitely feeling the urge to put on some dresses, dance the night away and do whatever else our crazy hearts desire. The PDX Prom will be a better Prom with two of Portland’s finest brunettes.

22. Amanda May 11, 2011 at 16:25 #

I was never the one who drank at prom, always the driver, (even when I had a date)…this prom would be awesome! Yes! Who wants to go with me?!

23. Mary May 12, 2011 at 00:00 #

I grew up in an extremely sheltered home in which I was informed that I was absolutely not allowed to attend high school prom. However, my wild heart and free spirit found me at the prom 2 years in a row. Now, 6 years later my mother will still not speak to me. I would love the opportunity (with your help) to attend prom once more on my own accord. Make it happen and I will NOT disappoint!

24. Anne May 13, 2011 at 18:40 #

What type of music will be played at this event… I don’t know about any of these artists….