Win Tickets: Floater @ Crystal Ballroom | Pop-Laden, Psychedelic Guitar-Rock

Pipeline has a pair tickets to see Floater at the Crystal Ballroom on Friday, May 27. To win, comment on this post why you would like to attend . Winner will be drawn and emailed on Friday, May 27.

----------------------

From our sponsors at Crystal :
Floater w/ The Days The Nights
Friday, May 27
8 p.m. doors | 9 p.m. show
$16 advance | $18 show
All Ages Welcome
Purchase Tickets from Cascade Tickets

Crystal Ballroom
1332 W. Burnside Street
www.mcmenamins.com

Portland-by-way-of-Eugene, Oregon trio Floater deliver their best album to date with “Wake,” their eighth studio album. Writing more sophisticated, well-crafted songs with each release, “Wake” (Typhon Records) delivers a twelve-track collection of melodic, pop-laden psychedelic guitar-rock decked out in chunky guitar riffs, primal drumming, and soaring vocals.

Consisting of front man/bassist Rob Wynia, guitarist Dave Amador, and drummer Pete Cornett, Floater’s Northwest roots are rich and firmly planted, helping to account for the fact that they are one of the region’s top-drawing acts, and continue to draw new crowds in each of their developing markets.

, , , , ,

15 Responses to Win Tickets: Floater @ Crystal Ballroom | Pop-Laden, Psychedelic Guitar-Rock

1. Adam May 24, 2011 at 10:21 #

I would love to attend because it is one of my favorite NW bands at one of my favorite NW venues. And I would give my extra ticket to someone who has never seen Floater before.

2. B Christensen May 24, 2011 at 10:27 #

Floater rocks!

3. Erika May 24, 2011 at 10:46 #

My boyfriend’s plane lands at 8PM on Friday! What better way to welcome my Eastside (Northeastern Washington) guy to Portland than by seeing one of the best NW bands in one of the best NW venues?! Not to mention I’ve been wanting to see these guys for YEARS. And since I’m a recent victim to teacher cuts, I can’t be spending a ton of money! :(

4. Penny May 24, 2011 at 12:02 #

I left my heart at the side of her bed and she’s got the warmest body that I’ve never had….maybe she’d love me if I presented her with floater tickets?

5. otter girl May 24, 2011 at 12:56 #

I would love to kick off the holiday weekend by seeing an awesome rockin show at the best venue in town.

6. Ruby May 24, 2011 at 14:02 #

Oh yes! Floater at the Crystal … way to start the weekend

7. Erika May 26, 2011 at 11:09 #

Ok…One more reason: Because my bf’s plane lands at 8PM I highly doubt I’ll be able to find a good spot on the waterfront for the 10:00 fireworks anyway!

8. SE May 26, 2011 at 11:44 #

I have been a die hard fan since they came up in Eugene! I would love to surprise my GF with these tickets and have a great night out!

9. Tim May 26, 2011 at 13:06 #

We love this band almost as much as we like seeing local bands!

10. Lisa May 26, 2011 at 13:07 #

Everyone we know is taking off for the weekend, but we are sticking around for events like this!

11. pete May 26, 2011 at 13:27 #

’cause it’s my birthday.

12. Ben May 26, 2011 at 15:55 #

Awesome band. I really need to see a show at the Crystal because last time I was there I saw the last half of the encore song of Vampire Weekend (I showed up late figuring they would be late like all other bands but forgot they are a teen band and all have curfews).

13. April May 26, 2011 at 16:14 #

Despite living ten minutes away from the Crystal, we still haven’t seen anything there.

14. Shay May 26, 2011 at 23:48 #

I would LUV to get my Eugene on!

15. beth kloss May 27, 2011 at 13:33 #

Met friends in Bend to see Floater & had a great time. These same friends are visiting this weekend & it would be great to win these tickets! Plus I’ve never been to a show at the Crystal Ballroom, & I hear it’s great!