Win Tickets: Mortified Portland @ Mission Theater | True Stories, Teenage Angst

Pipeline has a pair tickets to see Mortified on Thursday, June 2 at the Mission Theater. To win, comment on this post why you would like to attend . Winner will be drawn and emailed on Monday, May 30.

----------------------

From our sponsors at Mortified:
Mortified!
Thursday, June 2 & Friday, June 3
Doors 6 p.m. | Show 8 p.m.
$12 advance | $15 door
Purchase Tickets at www.getmortified.com/live

Mission Theater
1624 NW Glisan Street

Mortified, the cult comedy sensation that's a smash hit in LA, NYC, D.C., San Francisco, Austin, Chicago & Boston returns to McMenamins Mission Theater for a brand new show.  Come see angst-filled Portlanders share their shame on Thursday, June 2 & Friday, June 3.

Hailed locally by The OregonianPortland Monthly, and Willamette Week, and nationally by Newsweek, Entertainment Weekly and NPR's This American Life, Mortified stars everyday people sharing their most embarrassing, pathetic and private teenage diary entries, poems, love letters, lyrics and home movies… in front of total strangers.  Witness ¬Å“personal redemption through public humiliation¬Â in a refreshing show that is equal parts comedic, cathartic and voyeuristic.  The largest and longest running project of its kind returns featuring a collection of Portland's bravest souls.

, , , ,

37 Responses to Win Tickets: Mortified Portland @ Mission Theater | True Stories, Teenage Angst

1. Frances May 24, 2011 at 11:27 #

I’ve been doing a self study focusing on humility, this would fit right in. Plus I know it would be an awesome and hilarious way to spend an evening!

2. Mad May 24, 2011 at 11:35 #

i’m still in my awkward teen stage… but now i’m 24. would love to find some solace among awkward/hilarious portlanders!

3. Jonas May 24, 2011 at 12:32 #

After living through being publicly depantsed (jewels and all) it will be fun to take pleasure in others junior high misfortunes.

4. Dian May 24, 2011 at 14:27 #

Would love to go and take an out of town visitor to.

5. em May 24, 2011 at 15:43 #

yes yes yes! im mortified already….

6. Rb. May 24, 2011 at 19:08 #

Sounds like a delightful evening of awkward!

7. Maggie May 25, 2011 at 09:40 #

I would love to experience an evening of inconsolable laughter. Who can’t look back and cringe and laugh at their own tales of first loves, puberty, body issues, sexuality, and celebrity crushes.

8. Sarah May 25, 2011 at 10:00 #

There is nothing I would enjoy more than spending an evening immersed in enough awkwardness to fuel an entire middle school.

9. Lisa May 25, 2011 at 10:00 #

I saw this show in Los Angeles in 2007… it is hilarious. It made me happy to know I’ll never have to return to the days of being in love with Cole, Greg, Jeff, or any of the other unrequited crushes I nurtured in my youth.

10. Jeanie May 25, 2011 at 11:24 #

Who doesn’t love to see people confess to their own degradation??? I know I do. It always put a smile on my face…

11. Heather May 25, 2011 at 14:18 #

I get a kick out of reading my old high school journals and seeing the ‘trials and tribulations’ of a teenager. I would love to hear others in hopes to prove to myself that I was ‘normal’ then as I am now ;-)

12. Nathan May 26, 2011 at 11:34 #

I work with kids who are in their mortifying prime all day: middle schoolers! Sure, confiscating notes swollen with pre-teen drama is fun, but at some point a man gets bored of just reading the juicy bits and wants to hear them come to life… and from the primary source, no less! Sounds perfect to me. :)

13. E May 26, 2011 at 13:03 #

I would love to go! Solidarity and laughter heal all :)

14. Hilary A May 26, 2011 at 15:11 #

So I would volunteer to get up on stage and humiliate myself yet again, as I describe how I lost on Jeopardy 25 years ago.

Or I could read excerpts from my life as a San Francisco stripper.

Or then there’s my foray into Looking for Mr. GoodAd through the personals column.

There’s really an infinite amount of humiliating confessions I can share.

I think I had better stay home and write another screenplay, before I start forgetting half the millions of stupid things I’ve already done.

15. Ben May 26, 2011 at 16:02 #

Based on the description, I think I’m going to equate this to closing your eyes and jumping into a eel-infested lake in the dead of winter. Which I’ve not done. I need to be have more experiences.

16. Laura May 26, 2011 at 17:27 #

Because it’s always fun to laugh with (not at, though sometimes at) someone!!

17. Ren May 26, 2011 at 18:03 #

There’s this really cut boy I want to take out and THIS would be the perfect date.

18. Amber Jo May 26, 2011 at 18:07 #

I want to go because I want to be on the Mortified tour so BADLY! I want to go and be filled with jealousy and leave full of inspiration. I will go home and pull out my 20+ journals from age 12 through 30. I will then weave through my own tales of failing geometry b/c I cheated my way through Algebra, to running away at 16 to tour with a Christian Rock Band, to admitting I was in homo love with the tambourine player of said band. Oh how I want to mortify and be mortified. I love the human experience.

19. amy May 26, 2011 at 18:16 #

I’d like to go because Mortified helps me feel like I was not a total crazy person from ages 8 to 18. (Or at least not alone in my craziness.)

20. Stan May 26, 2011 at 18:29 #

I want to go because laughing at others makes me feel better about myself, and being in a room of laughing people lets me fart in public.

21. Maggie May 26, 2011 at 19:04 #

I’ve been wanting to go to a Mortified event for many, many, many years. I’ve been old enough for a couple of those years, but still haven’t managed to make it to a show. I would love the chance!

22. Brooke May 26, 2011 at 19:19 #

Holy crap! I’m always wanted to go to a Mortified show! I was a poetry performer all through high school, I could totally relate. =)

23. Carine A. May 26, 2011 at 22:06 #

Living in my house with a 14 year old is like being at a Mortified show all the time… only I’m not allowed to laugh. I need a good laugh out loud. Thanx.

24. Johnny May 26, 2011 at 23:52 #

To die laughing is to be Mortified, what a show!

25. Kacy May 27, 2011 at 00:42 #

Every year I want to go to this but somethings always got in the way. I’d love to got laugh my ass off in feeling liberated by stories of other people’s embarrassing moments!!

26. d@Ve May 27, 2011 at 00:42 #

not sure who’ll be more mortified, the storytellers or those listening! oh, if only vincent price were giving the story of vincent, ala burton’s short. THAT’s mortification we all felt at one time or another!!!

27. stacy giltner May 27, 2011 at 07:04 #

This would be so fun to attend. Wish I never burned my tragic teenage poetry.

28. birdonit May 27, 2011 at 12:10 #

Mortified is such a brilliant concept…one of the most entertaining shows I’ve seen. At the Valentine’s performance, I laughed so hard, I spit beer all over my date, but that’s what it’s all about. Right?

29. Iris May 27, 2011 at 12:23 #

sounds like a blast!

30. Kim May 27, 2011 at 14:51 #

This sounds hilarious! I had not heard of Mortified until now, but I would love to go hear people tell embarrassing stories about themselves!

31. Claire May 27, 2011 at 17:06 #

I want to go to there!

32. Leonard May 29, 2011 at 10:31 #

I’m still awkward at 50!

33. Onyx May 31, 2011 at 13:09 #

I wanna go!

34. Amber Jo Hatt June 2, 2011 at 03:56 #

Please let me win tickets so that I am not MORTIFIED! I asked this girl that I like if she would go to the show with me tomorrow. I was trying to be casual and said, “I have two tickets to the show”. She said she couldn’t go. Then, I suggested Friday. She can’t go then b/c of a family dinner. Then we hung out tonight and she oh so sweetly shrugged her shoulders and said she would cancel her Thursday night plans to go see Mortified with me b/c she has always wanted to go and “I would be fun to go with”. So, here I am at 4 in the morning looking everywhere for tickets to a sold out show!!! Help me save face. I didn’t want to buy the tickets first in case she said no. Now look what happened! I will even tell this story on stage, I swear. I will then look like a major liar but at least we will be there.

35. April June 10, 2011 at 11:24 #

win

36. Laurel September 9, 2011 at 22:17 #

I hope Amber won. And I hope, if she ever askes me out to a show, she has tickets. I surely don’t know what we’d do if we had an evening together with no plans.

37. L. Posey November 12, 2011 at 10:37 #

Amber Jo, thank you for being such a good friend while it lasted. Your stories changed me for the better and I wish the best for you. You are precious. You win.