Pipeline is giving away a pair of tickets to see McTuff w/ Philly’s Phunkestra at The Goodfoot on Saturday, August 27. To win, comment on this post why you’d like to attend. Winner will be drawn and emailed on Friday, August 26.

Reminder: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top music and art venues in Portland. Join our email list if you like free stuff
-------------------

From our sponsors at The Goodfoot:
McTuff @ The GoodfootMcTuff w/ Philly’s Phunkestra
Saturday, August 27
9 p.m. | $8 | 21+

The Goodfoot
2845 SE Stark Street
thegoodfoot.com

Hammond organist, Joe Doria brings together some of the areas finest with “McTuff”! Joe Doria, Andy Coe, and D’Vonne Lewis, a few of the best from Seattle’s incredible music scene, come together to create a powerful and jaw-dropping take on a soul jazz trio like you’ve never heard.

What began as an ode to some of the organ greats in soul jazz, such as delivering their own take on the works of Jimmy Smith and Captain Jack McDuff, soon turned into something more. A movement towards being a band that can appeal to almost any audience, room, and vibe.

Melody, dynamics, and groove from the soft and surreal to deep funk. From swinging soul all the way to the thumping metal grind, no musical stone is left unturned. McTUFF is about letting it all go and having fun, a moment of time to remember the groove laid down by the soul masters as well as introduce original works of their own.

8-piece funk/soul group Philly’s Phunkestra had a busy 2010 sharing the stages with acts such as Dumpstaphunk, Questlove (from the Roots), Rebirth Brass Band, Galactic, members of March Fourth Marching Band, The Wailers (of Bob Marley), and appearances in the Soul’d Out Festival, 2011 PDX Jazzfest, Oregon Brewer’s Festival, and the Organic Brewer’s Festival in Portland, Oregon.

, , , , ,

12 Responses to Win Tickets: McTuff w/ Philly’s Phunkestra @ The Goodfoot | Hammond Organ, Soul, Jazz

1. Mr C. August 24, 2011 at 11:08 #

My wife will be out of town this weekend. Henceforth I would like to enjoy my freedom by listening to quality music, indulging in a few adult social beverages and perhaps take a small amount of psychedelic drugs. Being awarded free tickets would greatly aid in my quest.

Mr C.

2. Lisa August 24, 2011 at 13:00 #

My husband would love this! I want to do something special for him.

3. Shaunna s August 24, 2011 at 23:31 #

I would give anything to see this show & shake my booty! I’m a broke single mom, please help me get there!!!

4. Shaunna S August 24, 2011 at 23:34 #

I would give anything to see this show & shake my booty! I’m a broke single mom, please help me get there so I can take my bff for her bday saturday night!

5. alan silver August 25, 2011 at 17:12 #

Gosh, I’d love to see this. I’ve had an awful summer, and I’m ready for things to turnaround. Also, I love, love, love the Hammond Organ – I still get a thrill knowing that Shirley Scott once did a club date in my neighborhood! Anyway, thanks…

6. Sheets August 25, 2011 at 18:23 #

I need to go to this phunkestral show because I’m running a seriously low ass-shaking deficit. My ass needs shakin and the funk needs a listenin.

7. rengis August 25, 2011 at 20:29 #

McTuff is all sorts of awesomeness!!!

I’d love to be the benefactor of this generous offer as the boys would love to see me there!

I can also guarantee that I’ll dance my ass off in honor of McTuff!

Let’s get greasy!!!

8. Kelby August 25, 2011 at 21:28 #

I have a George Clinton sized hole in my soul; I need some Phunkestra to phill it, please.

9. pdxcrowesfan August 25, 2011 at 21:31 #

My wife and I just really want to f****** go. Thanks

10. Tom August 26, 2011 at 08:06 #

I want this in my ears!

11. John Obertubbesing August 26, 2011 at 12:55 #

There comes a time in everyones life when they have to kick back from all the stress and groove out to some funky jazz music. From doing laundry to slaving for your boss, secretly you have these jazzy swings playing in your head and you just gotta figure out how to stomp around on the dance floor. I’ve figured it out! all you have to do is go see McTuff! Stress will vaporize, work will dematerialize, and you’ll say to yourself, Life is GOOD!

12. Rena henderson August 26, 2011 at 16:57 #

Hi there, my comment to win. I’m from Philly and love soul funk. Send me and I’ll wrote you a review of the show!!!