Alberta Street | Portland, Oregon
Photo by dit_tabano
Tomorrow is the final 2011 Portland Last Thursday on Alberta where they will close the street down. Somehow, the weather has come back from raining to pretty much perfect for the event.
As we reported a few months back, there is a new organization working with the city and businesses on Alberta to organize the event. They are the ¬Å“Friends of Last Thursday¬Â and have sent us these tips and info for event.
Related Portland Info and Events on Pipeline:
- –> Our Portland Events Calendar & Ticket Giveaways<–
- September 29: Portland Last Thursday Art Show @ The Goodfoot | FREE, 88 Artists, 8Ãƒâ€”8 Panels
- September 29-30: Portland Design & Architecture Festival | Home Tours, Parties, Workshops
- September 29-30: Mark Curry + Halloween Video @ Helium Comedy Club | Hangin' With Mr. Cooper, Showtime At The Apollo (Win Tickets, $80)
- September 29: Warsteiner Oktoberfest Warm-Up @ North 45 | FREE, Beer, Brats, Music
2011 Last Thursday On Alberta Info and Tips:
- Street Closure: Alberta street is closed for Last Thursday.
- Parking: Parked on Alberta Street? Cars need to get off the street by 5pm.
- Trimet: Bus reroutes are in effect from 6-11pm on Alberta. Catch the bus at stops on Killingsworth instead.
- Vendors: please keep 9¬Â² distance from dotted yellow line, and wait til 6pm to set up in the street. Parking lanes ok after 5!
- Food vendors: Applications are available at FoLT booth, between 19th and 20th
- Info Booth: The info booth is located between 19th and 20th. Come visit us and find out how to get involved! #lastthursday
- Noise & Boomboxes: Be respectful with that boombox! Sound during Last Thursday should not carry more than half a block. A noise ticket could cost you $500.
- Bathrooms: Potties are located at SE corners of 29th, 26th, 24th, 22nd, 20th & 17th and Alberta.
- Trash: Last Thursday is a leave no trace event. Pick up after yourself. Trash stations are located at every intersection
- Support: Consider donating to Friends of Last Thursday. They have a booth between 19th n 20th. Thanks!
- Ambassadors: Last Thursday Ambassadors are located every two blocks. Got questions? Look for the orange-feathered hats and make sure to say hi!
- Open Containers: No open containers at Last Thursday.
- Fire: Fire spinners need permits. Applications are available at FoLT booth, between 19th and 20th.
- Closing Time: Alberta's Last Thursday ends at 10pm.
Our new Portland Events App for PDX Pipeline is now available for iPhones, Android phones and iPads! Now, you can have all of the great Portland events from our website in the palm of your hand when you're out on the town.
Download the App for iPhone here
Download the App for Android here
More Last Thursday on Alberta Info:
ALBERTA STREET IS CLOSED FROM 6-10 PM, MAY-SEPT
(NO PARKING on Alberta AFTER 5)
Meet and Greet
Reach Friends of Last Thursday face to face? Are you a potential volunteer, have a question, comment, concern or a hug for us? Come chat with us the 1st Wednesday of every month (May thru Oct.) at 7:30 pm, Talisman Gallery, 1476 NE Alberta
Introducing FoLT Ambassadors
A pair of Ambassadors will be assigned to a 2 block area during the street closure (6 pm-10 pm) to help in the education of vendors, musicians, and participants. They keep sidewalks clear, check food vendors, communicate LT expectations, mediate disputes, and aid in moving vendors along at the close of the event. Ambassadors are also a link to city & county agencies. Please feel free to call on them if you are in need of assistance during the event.
Green Lounge Special
Port-a-potties will now be open until 2 a.m!
Leave No Trace
Please, please take everything you bring to set up for Last Thursday, home with you. Trash cans and recycling are provided on Alberta, but these get rather full fast and FoLT pays $10 for every bag of trash produced during the night. Clean up as you go and pick up all trash in your area before you leave. We ask that you leave your borrowed vending area the same or better than you found it; leave no trace of your being there. It's just unfair to make other people and businesses clean up after your fun! Thank you, we appreciate your respect.