Pipeline is giving away tickets for you and four friends to attend both Rockbox and 8 1/2 Djs dance party nights at Portland’s Holocene this weekend. To win, comment on this post why you’d like to attend and which show. Winners will be drawn and emailed Friday, October 21.

Reminder: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top music and art venues in Portland. Join our email list if you like free stuff

-----------------

From our sponsors at Holocene:
Rockbox @ HoloceneRock Box Dance Party
Friday, October 21
9 p.m. | $3 | 21+

Holocene
1001 SE Morrison Street
www.holocene.org

ROCKBOX is a dance party. Pure and Simple. The triumvirate of DJ KEZ (KBOO, THE FIX), Matt Nelkin (KPSU), and Dundiggy (THE FIX) play a masterfully blended mix of fun, dance oriented Hiphop, R&B, and Old School Electro with a dash of Bmore, Dancehall, 80s, and House thrown in for good measure.

As die-hard record collectors all three Dj's play exclusively vinyl. Every set and every ROCKBOX dance party is a custom experience with these cats digging into their seemingly bottomless crates to pull out the beats that make you want to sweat out the work week. More than just another gig for these talented three, ROCKBOX dance party represents their long held vision of merging the classics alongside the progressive.

8 1/2 DJs Info…

------------
8 1/2 DJs @ Holocene8 1/2 DJs: Soul and R&B Edition w/ Beyondadoubt, Cooky Parker, New Dadz, Cuica, Sgt. Forkner, Womb Service, pretty ugly, A-Train
Saturday, October 22
9 p.m. | $3, FREE before 11 p.m. | 21+

A slew of Holocene’s favorite DJs come together for an all-star dance party! This month’s edition features DJs who specialize in soul & r&b. From classic rare soul (Beyondadoubt, Cooky Parker) to modern r&b jams (New Dadz, Sgt. Forkner), we’ll have everything sexy, sultry, and soulful to welcome you to the dancefloor tonight!

, , , , , ,

11 Responses to Win Tickets: Rockbox + 8 1/2 DJs Dance Parties @ Holocene | Electro, Hip Hop, Soul, Funk

1. Sara October 19, 2011 at 15:17 #

I would love free tickets b/c:

1. My friends and I are all broke
    2. Hiphop, R&B, and Old School Electro with a dash of Bmore, Dancehall, 80s, and House? Yes, please.
    3. We want to get our dance on and Holocene kicks a–

2. ruby October 19, 2011 at 19:26 #

I would love to dance dance dance at rockbox. For weeks I have been wnting to dance an evening away but I’m on small rations until the next paycheck. Please pdxpipeline, make it happen! Thanks!!

3. Ellen October 19, 2011 at 21:00 #

i would love to go to 8 1/2 DJS because i can never find fun enough dance partees

4. Bennett October 19, 2011 at 21:42 #

I would love to go to this because the Holocene is one of my favorite places to dance my balls off. No telling on where i’ll find 8.5 more pairs (presumably two for each DJ) but I will try my hardest.

5. Goulash October 19, 2011 at 22:22 #

I like make party party and disco dancing! And I real sexy time for the ladies.

6. Danny October 20, 2011 at 12:40 #

The best part of the party is the dance. And the party!

7. Catherine Matsuura October 20, 2011 at 18:51 #

i want to go to be in the scene, socialize and get magazine stories

8. Tali benattar October 20, 2011 at 20:26 #

Holy moly! This looks so rad! I would love to go to 8 1/2 djs and experience Portland night life! I’m new to portland, so show me around pdx pipeline!!

9. Sara Leighton October 21, 2011 at 10:35 #

I am ready to let my hair down. I want to go to the rockbox dance party because I am ready to get crazy up in this party scene and I am taking no prisoners.

10. Jen October 21, 2011 at 12:34 #

$3 isn’t much- but winning tickets would be fun and we’d feel so important being “on the list”.

11. Amber October 21, 2011 at 16:42 #

I just moved back to Portland from Alaska and it has been WAY too long since my friends and I have danced. I want to be welcomed back in style at Rockbox tonight. PLEASE help me and a friend out, pdxpipeline!