There are many great Christmas Lights and Holiday displays that have already started. The very popular Peacock lane starts up next week with two pedestrian only nights. Here are summaries and links to more info:
Reminder: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top music and art venues in Portland. Join our email list if you like free stuff.
2011 Portland Christmas Lights & Holiday Display Info:
- Christmas Around The World @ Pittock Mansion | 15 Festive Trees: Now through January 2, visitors of all ages may explore historic holiday customs and traditions from across the globe including dazzling decorations featuring cherubs, gnomes, kimonos, and hundreds of ornaments adorning more than 15 festive trees. More info here.
- Portland Holiday Event: Oregon Zoo Zoolights 2011 | Over A Million Lights: ZooLights has delighted visitors for more than two decades with its dazzling life-size animal silhouettes, moving sculptures, forests of lighted trees and light-bedecked train. Covered in holiday finery, the zoo’s famous ¬Å“Oregon¬Â steam engine takes guests on an express jaunt around the grounds to see light displays visible only from the train. More info here.
- PIR Winter Wonderland Christmas / Holiday Lights: Since 1993, a journey through Winter Wonderland has become a Holiday tradition for many families, friends, and social organizations to celebrate the spirit of the holiday season. Spectators can enjoy the most spectacular drive-through light show in the region, viewing over 250 colorful light set pieces and many fully animated scenes from the comfort of their own vehicle. More info here.
- Portland Holiday Express & Famous Steam Locomotives: Join Santa Claus and his elves for a magical ride behind Portland’s famous steam locomotives. Vintage rail cars transport you through wilderness in the heart of the city. Roundtrip rides run from Oaks Park Station through Oaks Bottom Wildlife Refuge to the Springwater Trail gateway on the Oregon Pacific Railroad. Meet Santa in the fully decorated & steam-heated trains. Perfect for the whole family! More info here.
- 2011 Portland Christmas / Holiday Tree Pictures & Video | Pioneer Square: After a week of reattaching branches and tree limbs, more than 14,000 MULTI COLORED lights adorn the City’s Tree through the New Year. This year’s multi colored mixture of red, blue, green, amberand warm white LED lights will utilize 91% less energy and last 50% longer than standard holiday treelights with the help of Portland’s own Hollywood Lights. More info here.
- Portland Christmas Ships Parade Schedule + Viewing Locations | 55 + Boats: The Christmas Ship Fleet averages about 55 to 60 boats between the two Columbia and Willamette River fleets. Both fleets will be out every night for two weeks beginning December 8, 2011 and running nightly through December 20, 2011. As we are an all volunteer organization, not all the boats make it out every night. More info here.
- SE Portland 2011 Peacock Lane Holiday / Christmas Lights Viewing Event Information: Continuing a rich tradition of holiday spirit that began in the 1920s, residents of Southeast Portland’s Peacock Lane neighborhood are looking forward to delighting thousands of passersby with their Christmas light displays again this year. Many Portland residents have been coming together to enjoy the lights displays for decades, and residents of Peacock Lane work hard every year to make it a fun tradition for all. More info here.
Our new Portland Events App for PDX Pipeline is now available for iPhones, Android phones and iPads!
Now, you can have all of the great Portland events from our website in the palm of your hand when you’re out on the town.
Download the App for iPhone here
Download the App for Android here