We are giving away a pair of tickets to see Rubblebucket on Saturday, March 31, 2012 at Holocene. To win, comment on this post why you’d like to attend. Winner will be drawn and emailed Friday, March 30.

FREE PORTLAND: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top events in Portland. Join our email list if you like free stuff

------------

From our sponsors at Holocene:
Rubblebucket @ HoloceneRubblebucket, JC Brooks & The Uptown Sound, Sex Life DJs
Saturday, March 31, 2012
8:30 p.m. | $12 | 21+
Purchase Tickets at Brown Paper Tickets

Holocene
1001 SE Morrison Street
More Info: www.holocene.org

Paste Magazine writes of Rubblebucket: “Joyous jungles of worldly pop-funk, instrumentally rich but catchy enough to ass-kick Katy Perry off the pop charts (in a just world)–mega-melodic without sacrificing an ounce of atmosphere or creativity.”

Erupting with raw emotion, JC Brooks unleashes his soulful shouts and heart wrenching falsetto over the relentless rhythm of guitarist Billy Bungeroth, drummer Kevin Marks, and bassist Ben Taylor. The Uptown Sound is a force to be reckoned with, leading the Chicago Tribune to call them “the real deal” and MOJO Magazine identifying them as “one of the hottest US soul acts”, while the New York Times praised their “neo-soul glory” and the Onion AV Club declared their first album “relentlessly catchy”.

It’s live, it’s compelling, it’s now, it’s theatrical. So theatrical, in fact, that they were recently tapped to star in the critically-acclaimed run of the Tony Award-winning musical “Passing Strange” at the Chicago Center for the Performing Arts.

, , , , , , , ,

14 Responses to Win Tickets ($20+): Rubblebucket, JC Brooks & The Uptown Sound @ Holocene | Pop, Funk, Soul

1. Gee Gousman March 29, 2012 at 09:43 #

This will definitely be a great show. Heard Rubblebucket brings it, and after seeing JC Brooks & the band at the soul summit last year in Chi-town I’ve put a bunch of friends on to them. Putting my dancing shoes by the door now!!

2. Patrick March 29, 2012 at 10:49 #

My first exposure to Rubblebucket came not from any of their insanely catchy original tunes, but from their really cool, really original cover of the Beatles’ “Michelle.” I really dug that cover, and it got me into the rest of their material.

And I’d like to see them at the Holocene because 1) I think it’s a great match of band and venue, and 2) They played at the Mt. Tabor Theater last year and I missed it and I haven’t stopped kicking myself since.

3. Allie March 29, 2012 at 12:01 #

I came out of a lady too! I should definitely go see the Rubblebucket show so we can discuss our shared past (inside ladies).

4. kristin d March 29, 2012 at 16:53 #

i would love to see this show!! sounds like a great lineup and i wanna dance!

5. Kelsey March 29, 2012 at 16:56 #

yes please!! I was introduced to Rubblebucket by a friend last year and would love to go see them!

6. Rachel March 29, 2012 at 17:00 #

Love me some Rubblebucket!!! One of the best times I’ve ever had at a show… please help me see them again.

7. Kelby March 29, 2012 at 17:04 #

It is Spring Break and I mistakenly went to Seattle. My wallet and phone were casualties.

I would like to let Portland coddle me and put a spring back in my step with this upbeat show.

I also came out of a lady, similar to Rubblebucket. We could share stories…

8. Skye Blue March 29, 2012 at 17:05 #

So awesome!

9. Tay March 29, 2012 at 17:05 #

Please. I need music and dancing and fun.

10. Eli March 29, 2012 at 18:28 #

I would like to go to this. That is all. Thank you.

11. alejandra March 29, 2012 at 21:40 #

Um…this sounds amazing. Make my weekend:)

12. Matt March 30, 2012 at 01:21 #

one of my good friend from France is here, and is crazy about funk & soul music, so it could be a good occasion to discover a good band! Thanks

13. Gaurav March 30, 2012 at 11:52 #

I would like to go to this. Free tickets are always welcome :)

14. James Leubner March 30, 2012 at 15:38 #

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!! Rubblebucket IS the BEST!!!
    seeing this band live is such a great time……and did i mention…..THIS IS MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! i would LOVE to get to dance my butt off to this excellent band on my day of birth.
    PLEASE help make this wonderful thing a reality?!?!?!? winning a ticket would make my heart swim with delight!!
    thank you SO very much and much love to the incredible PDX Pipeline <3