We are giving away a pair of tickets to see Only Ghosts on Saturday, April 28, 2012 at Headwaters Theatre. To win, comment on this post why you’d like to attend. Winner will be drawn and emailed Friday, April 27, 2010.

WIN PORTLAND: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top events in Portland. Join our email list if you like free stuff

----------------

From our sponsors at Only Ghosts:
Only Ghosts Only Ghosts: Percussive Storytelling
Saturday, April 28, 2012
7 p.m. | $6-$10 | All Ages
Purchase Tickets at Brown Paper Tickets

Headwaters Theater
55 NE Farragut St.

See the show The Willamette Weekly called unlike anything ¬Å“we’ve seen in Portland in ages.”

Over Twenty Percussion Instruments in this original retelling of Carrie-Ann Tkaczyk's novel, Only Ghosts. This percussive performance will shake the walls of your heart.

An international cast performs over twenty percussion instruments including Nepal's traditional drum, the madal. All original story and music.

In the sultry jungles of Nepal, modern and ancient desires beat. When a stranger comes to a Nepali village, the mystic and the modern clash. Voices, percussion music, and story meld into the pulse of a mysterious pool, Bhoot Pool: the place the villagers fear; the place the forbidden are free to love. Of course, all freedom has its cost.

This show features four well-known musicians, Bruce Bartlett, Charlie Kersch, Ragon Linde, and Prasanna Dhoj Pradhan. As well as performers, poets and singers A. Molotkov and Carrie-Ann Tkaczyk. Their bios can be found on the performance website.

Masks for the production were made by students at the Nepali school, Educational Environment Boarding School

, , , , , , , , ,

11 Responses to Win Tickets ($20): Only Ghosts Percussive Storytelling @ The Headwaters Theater | 20+ Percussion Instruments, Original Music, Storytelling

1. Star Gazer April 25, 2012 at 23:09 #

I look forward to the show!

2. laura April 25, 2012 at 23:59 #

Id like my little sisters to attend this cultural event!

3. Bnikkig April 26, 2012 at 16:34 #

This sounds amazing! I’m looking for a break from studying and a great way to surprise my sweetie for our 3rd anniversary coming up on May 1st.

4. jill April 26, 2012 at 16:54 #

I’d love to see this!

5. Nicole April 26, 2012 at 17:10 #

My husband and I just moved here, feelin’ pretty broke. Get us out of the house !

6. panda April 27, 2012 at 01:50 #

i just love drums

7. Jenette April 27, 2012 at 06:48 #

Only Ghosts, you have been teasing me for weeks…since the time I saw your flier in a coffee shop (the colors! the art! percussion!) through the email inbox reminders from Water In the Desert/The Headwaters Theatre, a chance driving-by the theatre in someone else’s car, and now, here, on PDX Pipeline.

Yes, as events go, you are inexpensive. But life is hard and it’s difficult to justify arts-related expenses when the rent is late, even knowing that such an event would have my endorphins moving and happy for days.

I thought I was going to be working, Only Ghosts, and for awhile was able to stop thinking about you…so when my schedule changed yesterday I was thrown anew into wanting.

I know you want me there as much, if not more, than I want to be there…and Only You can make it happen.

8. Carolyn Wiesner April 27, 2012 at 11:17 #

This does sound fascinating.

9. daVe April 27, 2012 at 11:43 #

i live on farragut street and just stumbled upon the headwaters the other day, on a run along the columbia train tracks. woah. wondered what sort of productions they put on there…this must be serendipity!

10. Doran April 27, 2012 at 15:00 #

sounds so fun and interesting.
    want/need to get up to that end of
    town this weekend. Kill two birds
    with one stone.
    sounds like a quite interesting show.

Doran

11. CarrieAnn April 27, 2012 at 20:40 #

Jenette, No one will be turned away from Only Ghosts for lack of funds; pay what you can and enjoy! Carrie-Ann