We are giving away two pairs of tickets to the HP Lovecraft Double Feature opening Friday, May 18 and closing Sunday, May 20, 2012. To win, comment on this post which showing you’d like to attend and why. Winners will be drawn and emailed Friday, May 18.

FREE PORTLAND TICKETS: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top events in Portland. Join our email list if you like free stuff
—————

From our sponsors at Clinton Street Theater:
HP Lovecraft Double Feature @ Clinton Street TheaterHP Lovecraft Double Feature: Whisperer in the Darkness + Call of Cthulhu
Friday, May 18 – Sunday, May 20, 2012
Tickets are $7
Showtimes at: www.clintonsttheater.com

Clinton Street Theater
2522 Southeast Clinton Street Portland, OR 97202
(503) 238-5588

In THE WHISPERER IN DARKNESS, folklore professor Albert Wilmarth investigates legends of strange creatures in the most remote hills of Vermont. His inquiry reveals a terrifying glimpse of the truth that lurks behind the legends.

Filmed in the style of the classic 1930s films such as Frankenstein, Dracula and King Kong, THE WHISPERER IN DARKNESS returns us to the golden age of movies for a thrilling adventure of supernatural horror. Filmed on location in New England in Mythoscope™ by the H.P. Lovecraft Historical Society, THE WHISPERER IN DARKNESS treats audiences to a cinematic thrill not felt since the Hoover administration.

The H.P. Lovecraft Historical Society presents its silent film of THE CALL OF CTHULHU. The famed story is brought richly to life in the style of a classic 1920s silent movie, with a haunting original symphonic score. Using the “Mythoscope” process — a mix of modern and vintage techniques, the HPLHS has worked to create the most authentic and faithful screen adaptation of a Lovecraft story yet attempted.

, , , , , , , , ,

24 Responses to Win Tickets ($28): HP Lovecraft Double Feature @ Clinton Street Theater | Two Films Based on the Master of Horror

1. Cameron Mulder May 16, 2012 at 18:04 #

Saturday showing and HP lovecraft has written some of my favorite stories is why i want to go

2. Lisa May 16, 2012 at 19:36 #

I would love to go to this event! Incredibly fascinating and inspiring and I would not be able to go if I don’t win tickets (broke :(

3. Kreofsky May 16, 2012 at 19:39 #

I have read all but one of his books and now my mind is ready for his movies!

4. Bawb hale May 16, 2012 at 20:37 #

I would love to attend the last showing either Friday or Sunday night. Every year I volunteer to work at the HP Lovecraft film festival. By working I rarely get to see the films shown. I was lucky enough to receive a copy of the film from the creators but have yet to see the feature on the big screen.

5. Samuel Palomin May 17, 2012 at 11:29 #

I would like to attend becuase I am a hge movie buff and I love me some H.P. Lovecraft. :-) Plus it’s my bday on Saturday.

6. Leif Fuller May 17, 2012 at 12:01 #

I would love to go! It will be one of the only times to see Cthulhu without humanity being reduced to pure anarchy; raging and killing and reveling in freedom.

7. Chris McMillan May 17, 2012 at 12:26 #

Well, I’ll be praying to the great Cthulhu to win this one. Who would pass on a chance to get into this double feature for free? Would make the LONG bus ride to the theater so worth it!

8. Scott Woodard May 17, 2012 at 12:40 #

I won’t be entering as I have already seen both films (and I own them on DVD & Blu-Ray (in the case of Whisperer), but I will say that they are both absolutely WORTH seeing and its awesome that you guys are screening them!!!

9. Carolyn May 17, 2012 at 13:11 #

Winning tickets to this might give my nerdy boyfriend and I an incentive to make time for this event.

10. Rachel Benton May 17, 2012 at 13:30 #

I’ve been searching for the nerdy heart of Portland since I moved here. I think this would be a great venue to make some connections over the master of mind-bending thought spaghetti. :D

11. Shelley May 17, 2012 at 13:36 #

I would love to get my weird on Saturday. And then could ask cute boy to come along……

12. Wendy May 17, 2012 at 13:43 #

I love Lovecraft. I write Lovecraftiana, I go to the HP Lovecraft Film Festival, I know the words to many Lovecraftian Christmas songs and sing them year round. But my husband? He is new to the world of HPL, and I’m trying to share the greatness of the mythos. It’s been a long, uphill road, and let me tell you, a movie night could really help convince him.

This package would be especially awesome, because for once, our daughter is going to a sleepover on Friday, and we can actually GO OUT ON A DATE. This is a rare and magical event. The only thing that could make it even cooler would be sharing the romance with Cthulhu.

If that sounds wrong, I’m okay with that.

13. Brendan Smith May 17, 2012 at 14:04 #

This sounds awesome! I can’t make it on Friday but hopefully I can check it out some other night this weekend.

14. daVe May 17, 2012 at 14:11 #

woah! just watched the trailer for Whisperer in the Darkness…holy amazeballs!!! throw me down for manana (friday) eve, please8^)

15. Joe Pierce May 17, 2012 at 14:13 #

Because I really want to see these movies on a big screen, and because I need to be somewhere that my Cthulhu t-shirt will not garner me confused questions!

16. Selena J May 17, 2012 at 15:29 #

I keep missing the lovecraft film festival, this might make up for it.

17. marc May 17, 2012 at 16:48 #

I wanna go because I haven’t gotten my Cthulhu mask yet.

18. Dan Wheeler May 17, 2012 at 16:49 #

I actually have both of these fine films on DVD. I’ve been a supporter of the HPL for a while and would love a chance to see their stuff on the big screen

19. Shanna May 17, 2012 at 16:53 #

My fiance and I need a night out and Sunday works for us!
    I Love HP Lovecraft and how his work influence our modern day sense of horror.

20. gusto May 17, 2012 at 17:23 #

All hail eris

21. Kai May 17, 2012 at 23:06 #

I would love to go to the friday showing of Cthulu. In all my years of Dungeons and Dragons (and even some Call of Cthulu) I really havnt had the exposure.

Please!

22. CarlB May 18, 2012 at 00:06 #

Haster
    Haster
    Haster

23. Heather thomas May 19, 2012 at 09:15 #

Hp and I go back to middle school sleep overs with gal pals. We always teazed the most scared party member! Good times:-)

24. Cory May 19, 2012 at 10:28 #