Portland’s 2012 Last Thursday season returns this coming week and as we reported last year, there is a new organization working with the city and businesses on Alberta to organize the event. They are the “Friends of Last Thursday” and have sent us tips and info for tomorrow’s event.
Beer Garden: New this year is a Beer Garden at 19th and Alberta & all proceeds from Elysian brews are donated to Friends of Last Thursday. If you volunteer, you even receive a t-shirt and free beer! More info here.
Related Portland Events & Info:
- Events: Our Portland Events Calendar & Ticket Giveaways
- May 31: The Cari Carter Show @ Jack London Bar | Taxidermy Petting Zoo, Shanrock’s Trivia, Prince Tribute Band
- May 31: Last Thursday Art Opening Featuring Adam Sheppard, Sam Arneson & Tony Morgan @ Goodfoot
- May 31: Last Thursday On Alberta W/ Conspiracy of Beards | 30 Men Sing Leonard Cohen
- May 31: Last Thursday On Alberta Artwalk Patio Party | Cruzroom & Elysian Brewing, Free
- Last Thursday photo by dit_tabano
Info and Tips (from Friends of Last Thursday):
- On Twitter? We will be using the @lastthursday account to relay information about the event as always.
- Street Closure: Alberta street is closed for Last Thursday at 6PM.
- Parking: Parked on Alberta Street? Cars need to get off the street by 5pm.
- Trimet: Bus reroutes are in effect from 6-11pm on Alberta. Catch the bus at stops on Killingsworth instead.
- Vendors: Make room across sidewalk for wheelchairs to have access to your goods, and wait til 6pm to set up in the street. Parking lanes ok after 5!
- Food vendors: Applications are available at FoLT booth, Vagabond Lot at 19th
- Info Booth: The info booth is located @ Vagabond Lot between 19th and 20th. Come visit us and find out how to get involved!
- Noise & Boomboxes: Be respectful with that boombox! Sound during Last Thursday should not carry more than half a block. A noise ticket could cost you $500.
- Bathrooms: Potties are located at SE corners of 29th, 26th, 24th, 22nd, 20th & 17th and Alberta.
- Trash: Last Thursday is a leave no trace event. Pick up after yourself. Trash stations are located at every intersection
- Support: Consider donating to Friends of Last Thursday. They have a booth between 19th n 20th. Thanks!
- Ambassadors: Last Thursday Ambassadors are located every two blocks. Got questions? Look for the orange-feathered hats and make sure to say hi!
- Open Containers: No open containers at Last Thursday.
- Fire: Fire spinners need permits. Applications are available at FoLT booth, between 19th and 20th.
- Closing Time: Alberta’s Last Thursday ends at 10pm.
- Help: Want to help keep Last Thursday alive? We need your help! Come to our info booth 19th and Alberta
- Friday: Neighborhood clean-up in effect on Alberta after Last Thursday
Our new Portland Events App for PDX Pipeline is now available for iPhones, Android phones and iPads!
Now, you can have all of the great Portland events info from our website in the palm of your hand when you’re out on the town.
Download the App for iPhone here
Download the App for Android here