The 20th Annual Good in the Hood festival kicks off this weekend in North Portland. they have a new larger location this year as over 10,000 people attended during last year’s festival. The parade is Saturday and starts at King School Park, and the festival runs all weekend at Lillis-Albina Park. It looks like they didn’t make a press release this year, so we’ve pieced together relevant info from last year’s press release and they did make a flyer you can get here (pdf).
FREE PORTLAND: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top music and art venues in Portland. Join our email list if you like free stuff
Related Portland Events and Info:
- Events: Our Portland Events Calendar & Ticket Giveaways
- Cider: Portland Cider Summit @ Elizabeth Caruthers Park | 50+ Ciders, Apple Pressing, Food, Music (June 23)
- Music: An Afrobeat Tribute to Michael Jackson @ Holocene | Commotion, Excellent Gentlemen (June 23, Win Tickets, $20)
- Theater: Portland Actors Ensemble Presents Shakespeare In The Park | Hamlet @ Lone Fir Cemetery, Free (June 22-24)
- Skateboards: Mt Tabor Downhill Racing Challenge: Skateboards, Mini-Bikes, Buttboards, Video (June 24)
- Bikes: North Portland Sunday Parkways | Peninsula, Arbor Lodge, Kenton, and McCoy Parks (June 24)
2012 Good In The Hood Flyer, Parade, Entertainment Schedule:
Good In The Hood Parade
Saturday, June 23, 2012 | 11AM
King School Park | More info: www.goodintheneighborhood.org
Good In The Neighbor(Hood) Press Release & Schedule of Events:
Thousands of community residents will celebrate diversity, culture, and family unity during the 20th Annual Good in the Neighborhood Multicultural Music and Food Festival. The festival will feature some of the Northwest’s finest entertainers.
Each year, thousands of Oregon and Washington residents attend the festival, which began in 1992 as an outreach effort to showcase the Northeast Portland community. Ethnic cuisine, marketplace, food, and info vendors will be an additional highlight. The festival is FREE and open to the public.
On Saturday, June 23rd, thousands will march along Northeast Portland streets as part of the annual Good in the Hood Parade. Get the entertainment schedule here (pdf).