Portland’s monthly First Thursday event is tonight! The weather is perfect, and there are sure to be thousands of people roaming NW Portland. There are over 50 (probably 100) galleries having openings this month, with most openings taking place in the Pearl district and Old Town/China Town. Most gallery openings begin at 5PM or 6PM and end at 9PM or 10PM.
We have a very large list below thanks to Sequential Art Gallery (328 NW Broadway). They compile an email called the “[h]IT LIST” of events every month. You can join it by emailing them @ sequentialart @ gmail dot com. We have reproduced much of it below with permission.
FREE PORTLAND: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top music and art venues in Portland. Join our email list if you like free stuff
Related Portland Events & Info:
- Events: Our Portland July Events Calendar & Ticket Giveaways
- Music: First Thursday Phunktion @ The Goodfoot | Philly’s Phunkestra, Midnight Honey, Funk, Soul (August 2)
- Dance: First Thursday Dance Party @ PICA | Downtown Portland Birthday Celebration (August 2)
- Hunter Hero: Big Buck Hunter HD Launch Party @ Bossanova Ballroom | FREE, Tournament, Prizes, Drinks (August 2)
- Comedy: Todd Glass @ Helium Comedy Club | Last Comic Standing, Mr. Show, Comedy Central Presents (August 2-4)
- Film: Top Down Rooftop Cinema @ Hotel Deluxe | The Ghost & Mr. Chicken, Music, Food (August 2)
- Cats: Amazing Acro-Cats @ Headwaters Theatre | Cats on Skateboards, Cat Rock Band, Balancing Acts (August 1-14)
- Seattle Pipeline: August First Thursday Seattle Art Walk In Pioneer Square | Over 90 Galleries
This Month at Everett Station Lofts
625 NW Everett & 328 NW Broadway
- 101. GALERIE SALOME - Open First Thursday
- 102. SOHITEK GALLERY - The Art of Thomas Bradley, music by Charts.
- 103. RIGHT SIDE ART - Open First Thursday
- 104. ORIENTATION – Open First Thursday
- 105. PONY CLUB GALLERY - Open First Thursday
- 106. COCK GALLERY - Open First Thursday
- 107. FOTOEFFECT GALLERY – Open First Thursday
- 108. [VACANT]
- 109. B*ORIGINAL ARTGLASS – Open First Thursday
- 110. DARRAS – Open First Thursday
- 111. ALKALINE- Open First Thursday
- 113. SEQUENTIAL ART GALLERY - Closed for August
- 114. TIMESHARE - Open First Thursday
- 115. ABSTRACT IDEA MOTION - Open First Thursday
- 116. TYSON GALLERY – Open First Thursday
- 117. PAINT HARD – Open First Thursday
- BREEZE BLOCK GALLERY [323 NW 6th Ave] -”The Fossilized Present”; prints by Jenny Odell.
Old Town Chinatown First Thursday Events
- LAN SU CHINESE GARDENS [NW 3rd & Everett]: Open 6-8pm — FREE ADMISSION — Featuring silk embroidery art from Suzhou, China (Portland’s sister city) — thru September
- OREGON NIKKEI LEGACY CENTER [121 NW 2nd]: Open 4-7pm — FREE ADMISSION — “Shadows of Minidoka” by Roger Shimomura
- FIFTY24PDX/ UPPER PLAYGROUND [ 23 NW 5th]: “Friends in the Dark”; art by Dave Correia
- FLOATING WORLD [400 NW Couch]: “Grendel Omnibus book release and art exhibit” with artist/creator Matt Wagner
- BUTTERS [520 NW Davis]: 24th Anniversary Group Exhibition
- HELLION [19 NW 5th]: work by Joelle Jones
- GRAETER GALLERY [131 NW 2nd]: “Building Speed: Motorcycle Racing & Mechanical Triumphs of the 1950s & ’60s” group show
- GRASS HUT [400 NW Couch]: “The Sweet Science” art by Keith Warren Greiman, James Ulmer, and Tim Goug; “It Came From San Francisco” toy show.
- BACKSPACE [115 NW 5th]: – Open First Thursday
- COMPOUND [107 NW 5th Ave]: “Vivid Visions“; work by Arbito, Buff Monster, Grant Wiggins, Martin Ontiveros, Oliver Hibert,Pinky and Spencer Hibert.
- TRIM/VOJDANI GALLERY at P:EAR [338 NW 6th Ave]: “Snorkel Time” by p:ear youth artists
- 24HR CHURCH OF ELVIS [408 NW Couch] – 24Hr Church of Elvis
Northwest Portland First Thursday Events
- CHAMBERS [916 NW Flanders]: “Bejing”, photographic composite images by Aaron Yassin
- LAURA RUSSO [805 NW 21st]: Group Exhibition of Gallery Artists: Paintings, Sculpture, Textiles, Works on Paper
- AUGEN NW [716 NW Davis ]: Assemblage wall sculpture by James Florshutz; “Portland to Delhi” by Hibiki Miyazaki
- GALLERY 114 [1100 NW Glisan]: “Figurative Works: Explorations Into Human Connections” by Christopher Mooney
- THE SPACE/ILLIAN RABE LLC [1030 NW 12th Ave]: Open First Thursday
- BLUE SKY [122 NW 8th Ave]: photography by Guy Tillim and Ricardo Telles
- BLACKFISH [420 NW 9th Ave]: “EAST meets WEST”, curated by Sandy Brooke, Henry Sayre and Boyd Harris.
- MUSEUM of CONTEMPORARY CRAFT [724 NW Davis]: - Open First Thursday
- BULLSEYE [300 NW 13th Ave]: “hazy” by Mel George
- ELIZABETH LEACH [417 NW 9th Ave]: “Drawings and Sculpture by Julia Mangold, “Closer to the Water” by Gregg Renfrow
- FROELICK [714 NW Davis]: “I Know Who’s Drowned – It’s Us” by Gabriel Liston; Abstract Landscapes by Gwen Davidson
- PDX CONTEMPORARY [925 NW Flanders]: “Movement of Objects at Rest” by Heather Watkins; “The 109 Trees and One Stump of Oregon Park” by Nate Orton.
- GALLERY 135 [135 NW Park]: – Open First Thursday
Southwest Portland First Thursday Events
- READING FRENZY[921 SW Oak] “The Axiom Absurd” by Harlan Mahaffy
- PORTLAND ART MUSEUM [1219 SW Park]: - ongoing collections
- STUMPTOWN DOWNTOWN [128 SW 3rd]: – Open First Thursday
- SHAFFER FINE ART [308 SW 1sr Ave]: Original ink drawings on stone by Ken Wachtveitl
- ELROY ARTSPACE @ The ORIGINAL [300 SW 6th Ave]: – “Flow Into Summer”, by Jenn Ski
- GALLERY SESSO [824 SW 1st Ave] – Erotic Art Show, featuring Erika Moen, Rebecca Woods, and Keri Grassi
Our new Portland Events App for PDX Pipeline is now available for iPhones, Android phones and iPads!
Now, you can have all of the great Portland Events from our website in the palm of your hand when you’re out on the town. We have also added live happy hours, concert schedules and movies times to help you plan a fun night out in Portland!
Download the App for iPhone here
Download the App for Android here