We are giving away a pair of tickets to the Justin Martin Album Release at Refuge PDX on Thursday, August 9, 2012. To win, comment on this post why you’d like to attend. Winner will be drawn and emailed Thursday, August 9.

FREE PORTLAND: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top events in Portland. Join our email list if you like free stuff

From our sponsors at Refuge PDX:
Justin Martin @ Refuge PDXJustin Martin Album Release w/ Merchants Of, The Architects & Sappho
Thursday, August 9, 2012
9 p.m. | $7 | 21+

Refuge PDX

116 Southeast Yamhill Street
Portland, OR 97217 | More Info: www.refugepdx.com

As the late Oscar Wilde once said: “life is too important to be taken seriously”, an ethos that Justin Martin is sticking with despite achieving soaring success over the last six years as a producer and international DJ.

Feeding off the energy of the San Francisco underground and mentored by fellow super producer Claude VonStroke, Justin was intrinsically involved with the development of dirtybird records, appearing on its first four releases. Justin was soon ready to take flight,
releasing a string of solo EPs which flaunted a very unique sound and garnered still more respect among fellow DJS and heavyweight’s of the scene.

As well as his formidable arsenal of original productions, Justin is now equally known for his collaborations with his brother Christian as The Martin Brothers, producing such hip-hop influenced hits as ‘Duckface’, ‘Stoopit’, ‘Dum’. Justin has also made his mark remixing such bona fide classics as Radiohead’s ‘Nude’, Marshall Jefferson’s ‘Mushrooms’, TG’s ‘Revox’ and remixes for labels such as Fools Gold and Greco Roman, firmly establishing himself as the man to make big tracks even bigger.

2011 found Justin in the perfect position to work on his boldest project to date, his debut artist album and he couldn’t be more enthusiastically happy with the results. “Ghettos & Gardens” long player will be released on dirtybird late spring 2012, with a string of stunning singles to support the release.

, , , , , , ,

8 Responses to Win Tickets: Justin Martin Album Release @ Refuge PDX | Producer & International DJ, Photoelectric Effects

1. Trevor Briggs August 9, 2012 at 09:40 #

I would love to attend this because the first time I heard Justin Martin was at Sweetheart’s Dance back in February at a different venue. It was one of the first time’s that my partner and I went out together. This would be such and awesome time to spend with my him! And what a surprise it would be to present him with tickets. Shout out to Carlos, he’s the one that makes it all worth it!

2. brittkneezy August 9, 2012 at 09:58 #

I’m super ghetto and will be gardening all day to prepare to see one of my favorite dirty birds makin us take flight, dancing to our refuge all night.

3. Briana williams August 9, 2012 at 11:02 #

I want to go because I have the most hilarious australian friends in town and i want them to know how AWESOME American can be sometimes….. like when you WIN FREE TICKETS TO SHOWS AND THEN GO HAVE A FREAKING AMAZING NIGHT BECAUSE OF IT!!!!!! Yyyyyyeah! :D :D :D :D :D (Come onnnnnn, you know you want to give them to meeeeeeeee)….

6 people will end up going if you choose us…. just sayin. :) <3

Love!

4. Shawnawana August 9, 2012 at 11:24 #

I am a dirtybird junkie. So much so, that I will be traveling 4 1/2 hours for this show and literally have to leave right after. (that is 9 hours of drive time) That is some pure dedication if you ask me, but amazing music makes us do crazy things right?
    Pure and simple, we are willing to drive quite a ways for this show, but you all know gas prices and we don’t have a lot of money at the moment, so winning these tickets would just make our journey that much better.
    We absolutely love Justin Martin (and all the DirtyBird crew) and would be delighted to celebrate the ghettos and gardens release party in PDX with our friends that we rarely see. That is all. (crosses fingers)

5. Andy August 9, 2012 at 11:33 #

I’m a ho, he’s a ho, she’s a ho, we some ho’s…. wouldn’t u like to be a ho too?

6. Iris Devinr August 9, 2012 at 11:48 #

Being able to attend tonight would mean a lot to me. I’ve been in school full time with very little room for freedom and expressing myself outside the Babylon routine box. Dirty bird….. Rumbling bass in my heart is what this woman needs. I spend most of my time healing others and in a classroom so to me this would switch up my headspace tremendously. On a student budget with very little extra for anything is why being gifted these tickets would bring some warmth to my soul….
    Vibration is love n dancing is life. Shaman elders ask their ” patients” several diagnosis questions. One is…..
    ” are you still dancing?”
    If the answer is no that is one action he encourages to heal besides singing, being enchanted by stories, and sitting quietly in nature.
    In my minds eye I am dancing;) being awarded the tickets would make this a reality.
    Otherwise I cannot attend tonight unfortunately….. Last time i saw Justin was in a little cabin at Fire last year….. He spun records for hours n hours for us…….seeing him on the Alignment sound system with the new flooding installed to make the acoustics even better would be ultimate!!!!!
    And many of my friends frol Eugene will be coming up to swirl also…. That I haven’t seen in over a year.
    Ya all would make me an ecstatic woman if you choose me.
    Blezzinz;)!!!!!!!

7. Stella August 9, 2012 at 13:06 #

^^^^ That was Christian Martin at Fire last year. ;)

8. Joe August 9, 2012 at 17:13 #

I <3 Dirtybird, and Merchants Of has a killer sound that deserves to be expressed on Refuge's new soundsystem. I just snagged my first real dj set at a big party, I could use the inspiration. Plus I will post all over my facebook about pdxpipeline. Thank you!