We are nearing the end of the 2012 Last Thursday season on Alberta street in NE Portland. Tonight should be a big one though as the weather will be a nice 77 degrees with no rain in sight. In fact, it hasn’t rained in 40 days now in Portland, the longest streak since 1998.
If you’re hitting Last Thursday tonight, stop in for a cold one at Portland’s newest sports bar, Alberta Substation! Alberta Substation is a neighborhood pub focused on great food and drink in a casual, comfortable environment. Come watch your favorite sporting match on one of their huge projector screens, or sit on one of two outdoor patios for a glorious Station Michelada. They also serve weekend brunch from 9am-4pm. Visit www.albertasubstation.com for more info.
Related Portland Last Thursday Events & Info:
- Events: Our Portland Events Calendar & Ticket Giveaways
- Art: Last Thursday Art Opening @ The Goodfoot | FREE, Four Artists, Beer, Food
- Music: Oregon Symphony Concert @ Waterfront Park | Free, 10,000+ People, Fireworks, Cannons, Dancers
- More Music: Maga Bo, Gulls, E3 @ Holocene | Afro-Brazilian Rhythms, Soulful Vocals
- Film: Top Down Rooftop Cinema @ Hotel Deluxe | The T.A.M.I. Show, Music, Food
- Last Thursday photo by dit_tabano
Info and Tips (from Friends of Last Thursday):
From FoLT: Beer garden for Last Thursday at the outdoor Vagabond’s Theatre at 19th. All proceeds go to fund Last Thursday! If all attendees at Last Thursday gave $1, the event would be paid for. Donate at 19th and Alberta-Friends of Last Thursday info booth. Last Thursday people power needs you! Find out how to volunteer at 19th and Alberta-FoLT info booth. More info here.
- On Twitter? We will be using the @lastthursday account to relay information about the event as always.
- Street Closure: Alberta street is closed for Last Thursday at 6PM.
- Parking: Parked on Alberta Street? Cars need to get off the street by 5pm.
- Trimet: Bus reroutes are in effect from 6-11pm on Alberta. Catch the bus at stops on Killingsworth instead.
- Vendors: Make room across sidewalk for wheelchairs to have access to your goods, and wait til 6pm to set up in the street. Parking lanes ok after 5! Vendors may not set up in side street entrances so emergency vehicles can get in. Buskers only in these areas. Although we love non-profits we ask they give up their spots at Last Thursday for artists, crafters, musicians, and vendors of handmades.
- Food vendors: Applications are available at FoLT booth, Vagabond Lot at 19th
- Info Booth: The info booth is located @ Vagabond Lot between 19th and 20th. Come visit us and find out how to get involved!
- Noise & Boomboxes: Be respectful with that boombox! Sound during Last Thursday should not carry more than half a block. A noise ticket could cost you $500.
- Bathrooms: Potties are located at SE corners of 29th, 26th, 24th, 22nd, 20th & 17th and Alberta.
- Trash: Last Thursday is a leave no trace event. Pick up after yourself. Trash stations are located at every intersection
- Support: Consider donating to Friends of Last Thursday. They have a booth between 19th n 20th. Thanks!
- Ambassadors: Last Thursday Ambassadors are located every two blocks. Got questions? Look for the orange-feathered hats and make sure to say hi!
- Open Containers: No open containers at Last Thursday.
- Fire: Fire spinners need permits. Applications are available at FoLT booth, between 19th and 20th.
- Closing Time: Friends of Last Thursday will start opening Alberta at 9:30, be ready to go please.
- Help: Donations to keep Last Thursday alive accepted at info booth, 19th and Alberta. If all give $1 it’s paid for, easy!
- Friday: Neighborhood clean-up in effect on Alberta after Last Thursday
Our new Portland Events App for PDX Pipeline is now available for iPhones, Android phones and iPads!
Now, you can have all of the great Portland events info from our website in the palm of your hand when you’re out on the town.
Download the App for iPhone here
Download the App for Android here