We are giving away eight pairs of tickets to 80s Video Dance Attack on Friday, September 21, 2012 at the Crystal Ballroom. To win, comment on this post why you’d like to attend. Winners will be drawn and emailed Friday, September 21.

FREE PORTLAND: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top events in Portland. Join our email list if you like free stuff

——————
80s Video Dance Attack80s Video Dance Attack
Friday, September 21, 2012
8 p.m. | $6 | 21+
More info: 80svideodanceattack.com

McMenamins Crystal Ballroom
1332 W. Burnside Street

Portland’s best dance party happens every Friday night and this week its at the Crystal Ballroom! 80s Video Dance Attack features all of the hits from MTV’s best era shown on giant projection screens! Get dressed up in your best 80s garb and come dance to the hits with VJ Kittyrox and experience the unique flashback that is 80s Video Dance Attack!

No lines, huge dance floor, 3 screens to dance to your favorite 80s videos all night!

VJ Kittyrox started her DJ career in 1986, making her first 80s mix tape at age nine. At ten, she fell deeply in love with Adam Curry and remained glued to MTV until many years later.

She continued her mix tape and MTV obsession through the 90s. She then put her DJ skills to use in college as a radio DJ for KUGS 89.3 FM in Bellingham, Washington. After moving to Portland, VJ Kittyrox started DJ’ing craft nights at a local bar playing an eclectic mix of music. But she could never get those songs from that original tape out of her head—Word Up, Walk Like an Egyptian, and Into the Groove were still the ultimate dance songs in her opinion and she set out on a path to spread the 80s word in Portland. In 2005, VJ Kittyrox started her own exclusively 80s dance night with accompanying videos—80s Video Dance Attack. Seven years later, 80s Video Dance Attack draws huge crowds to venues throughout Oregon and Washington.

, , , , , , , ,

12 Responses to Win Tickets ($90+): 80s Video Dance Attack @ Crystal Ballroom | MTV Hits, Video Projections, Dancing

1. ariana September 20, 2012 at 11:21 #

Lets get out dance on!

2. Preston September 20, 2012 at 11:27 #

I want to go because I can dance if I want to and I can leave your friends behind cause your friends don’t dance and if they don’t dance, Well they’re no friends of mine…

3. Nate Juarez September 20, 2012 at 11:36 #

This would be great! My really good friend’s birthday is Friday and asked me to help her find things to do. She loves to dance and has never been to the crystal ballroom. I would love to be able to surprise her with tickets!

4. Ally September 20, 2012 at 11:45 #

Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it!
    Go Kittyrox Go KittyRox YO!

5. Derrick September 20, 2012 at 12:11 #

Like a virgin in a love shack, I’m so excited! What a feeling! Let’s groove all night long! I wanna dance with somebody. I’m tired of dancin’ with myself; I can’t go for that. Don’t you want me to get into the groove? It’s my prerogative; give it to me, baby! What have you done for me lately? I’m never gonna give you up, so call me.

6. James Worthen September 20, 2012 at 12:38 #

Pdx What i would like to do here is go back, way back, where some guys have all the fun,even from the great sounds of down under, boy that makes me hungry like a wolf. Yes I want to dance with somebody, all night long. Me and wife would love to raise the roof. Please pdx Help us to be a start in something. He he he. It,s gonna be a good thing !Move aside peoples, no parking on this dance floor, cause that is the night we feel like getting down.So let,s dance !

7. joy September 20, 2012 at 15:40 #

i’m showing a friend from “the other portland” around “our portland”. it’d be rad if we could dance on the crystal ballroom’s wonderful floor!

8. Shane Young September 20, 2012 at 15:50 #

I would love to go due to growing up in the wrong decade. I love everything about the 80’s and this would be an awesome night out in Portland.

9. Nina September 20, 2012 at 16:40 #

Brings back high school memories!

10. Carrie Gorski September 20, 2012 at 18:14 #

Love dancing to 80’s music and love dressing up the part! Thanks!!!

11. Ian September 21, 2012 at 10:10 #

I would love to go to this, I am a 90’s kid and this would be a blast from the past!!

12. nestor September 23, 2012 at 13:48 #

80’s music is my favorite music to dance to. I am after, all a product of that time :)