We are giving away a pair of tickets to see So and Soe’s Clown Troup Presents Eh, Things! on Saturday, November 10 at The Blue Monk. To win, comment on this post why you’d like to attend. Winner will be drawn and emailed Monday, November 5.

FREE PORTLAND: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top events in Portland. Join our email list if you like free stuff

——————

From our sponsors at HumanBeingCurious:
So and Soe's Clown Troupe Presents Eh Things @ The Blue MonkSo and Soe’s Clown Troupe Presents Eh, Things!
Friday November 2 & Saturday, November 3 @ 5 p.m., Backspace
Thursday, November 8 @ 7 p.m., The Waypost
Friday, November 9 & Saturday, November 10 @ 6:30 p.m., The Blue Monk
Friday November 9 & Saturday, November 10 @ 10:30 p.m., Milepost 5
Tickets are $8 at the door
More Info: www.human-being-curious.com

A comedy show about the devolution of language created by technology told through a musical clown show written by local Portland artists.

HumanBeingCurious is a new production company in Portland. This is their second show of their first season. Guests that come to the show at any location will also receive a free pass to our closing night party on Sunday the 11th, where there will be a DJ and free beer for guests. Details at Human-Being-Curious.com.

HumanBeingCurious Productions was founded in 2011 by Cassandra Schwanke and Kristen Padilla. We are a special events production company, educated in the arts, and schooled throughout the world in the beauty of design and function. We produce special events centered around art in the Portland community.

Our forms of expression are unexpected and held in unconventional arenas. This year’s season consists of Shakespeare’s The Tempest set on an historical sternwheeler, a hip hop clown show on the devolution of language, and a devised mask piece based on the work of Joseph Cambell. We strive to facilitate art that transforms the patron and the artist in an atmosphere that is both welcoming and thought provoking. We see the value of art and design, and understand that the artist can be an important catalyst to understanding and re-inventing the world we live in. An artist’s expression is everywhere: from the seats one occupies for an event, to the performer on stage, to the conversations that arise after the show. We are honored to be able to produce in a community that is so rich in all mediums of creativity.

, , , , , , , , , , ,

11 Responses to Win Tickets: So and Soe’s Clown Troupe Presents Eh, Things! | Musical Clown Show by Local Artists

1. Asya October 30, 2012 at 12:22 #

This looks like great fun, and what an interesting topic! It’s been too long since I’ve been to a play that explores evolutionary boundaries. No fear of clowns here!

2. alex October 31, 2012 at 01:01 #

because it looks lovely

3. malinda October 31, 2012 at 15:37 #

This looks like a very interesting show to go to. I would love to have tickets.

4. Benj October 31, 2012 at 20:04 #

I’m coulrophobic but my friend promises she’ll cover my eyes for all the scary parts.

5. Christine November 1, 2012 at 15:45 #

Looks like a smart and fun show, cannot wait to see it!

6. Andrew November 1, 2012 at 16:43 #

please give them to me! why? because I learned a new word today. it’s ecdysiast, and it’s awesome. now dance, clown!

7. Annie Brown November 1, 2012 at 18:44 #

This sounds like a blast! I can’t wait to go and I’ve heard great things about the production company. Not to be missed!

8. Heather November 2, 2012 at 07:02 #

This is a great place to see an intimate show but especially this close to So-So!

9. Truth Sliger November 2, 2012 at 12:05 #

So So I hear, you came to town my dear…
    To dance and play… in darkness we will refuse to dismay.
    The quirk in our smile & our innocence like a child.
    So so lets create, a wild world of dreams, and a night to remember… with all things unseen.

10. Megan November 4, 2012 at 16:58 #

Clowns? Devolution of language? What other reason could I have for wanting to go?

11. Robin November 9, 2012 at 18:19 #

If this isn’t totally Portland, I don’t know what is! My friend is in town from SF and I would love to show him!