Portland (Christmas / Holiday) Tree Lighting Photo By Chris Lae
Portland’s Christmas / Holiday tree lighting is tonight! The event will feature a holiday sing-a-long featuring Thomas Lauderdale with members of Pink Martini. If you are going to lighting event, it a good idea to go a bit early as it is rather crowded by 4PM. A description of the lighting event plus more pictures and a video here.
Related Portland Holiday Events & Info:
- Holidays: Portland Holiday Events, Bazaars, Shopping, Christmas, Local Markets
- Events: MANY Portland Thanksgiving Weekend Events, Parties, FREE Tickets ($350+)
- Win Tickets ($150): Thanksgiving Day Weekend Open House @ Hip Chicks Do Wine | Wine, Live Music, Appetizers
- Win Beer Package ($120): Portland Holiday Ales Festival @ Pioneer Square | 17,000+ Attendees (Nov 28 – Dec 2)
- Seattle Pipeline: Seattle Holiday Events & Info
2012 Portland Stimson Lumber Christmas Tree Lighting Info:
Tree Lighting Ceremony | November 23 at 5:30PM
Be Merry at the Square! On the busiest shopping day of the year, the day after Thanksgiving, thousands of Portlanders will gather at the Square to celebrate the official start of the season by lighting the City’s spectacular 75ft Douglas-fir tree provided by Stimson Lumber Company. The Tree Lighting Ceremony, now in its 28th year, will feature a holiday sing-a-long featuring Portland’s own Thomas Lauderdale with members of Pink Martini and friends. With a big tree, 14,000 colorful lights and a festive community sing-a-long, this is an event you won’t want to miss, rain or shine! Be sure to bring your cans of food to donate to Oregon Food Bank.
Our Portland Events App for PDX Pipeline is now available for iPhones, Android phones and iPads!
Now, you can have all of the great Portland Holiday Events from our website in the palm of your hand when you’re out on the town. We have also added live happy hours, concert schedules and movies times to help you plan a fun night out in Portland!
Download the App for iPhone here
Download the App for Android here