We are giving away a pair of tickets to see Monophonics with Brownish Black on Saturday, December 1, 2012 at The Goodfoot. To win, comment on this post why you’d like to attend. Winner will be drawn and emailed Friday, November 30.

FREE PORTLAND: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top music and art venues in Portland. Join our email list if you like free stuff

From our sponsors at The Goodfoot:
Monophonics @ The GoodfootMonophonics & Brownish Black
Saturday, December 1, 2012
9 p.m. | $10 | 21+

The Goodfoot
2845 Southeast Stark Street Portland, OR 97214
(503) 239-9292 | More Info: thegoodfoot.com

The new record from San Francisco based band Monophonics entitled “In Your Brain” sits on the fuzzy-psych side of soul and funk. Paying homage to innovators of psychedelic soul such as Sly Stone, Norman Whitfield and Funkedelic’s George Clinton, the 6 piece outfit displays their ability to put a moody stamp on each composition whether its an original or cover.

Touching on everything from cinematic soul, heavy funk, 60′s rock and spaghetti western laced with yellow sunshine acid, the album is sure to leave you tuned in and turned on! Their live shows are becoming legendary, sweat-drenched affairs that will make you a lifelong fan! Portland’s own gritty funk and soul purveyors, Brownish Black, kick the night off with a burning set!

, , , , , , , , ,

14 Responses to Win Tickets ($20): Monophonics w/ Brownish Black @ The Goodfoot | Psychedelic Soul, Funk

1. Cassie November 28, 2012 at 15:44 #

I’ve never seen The Monophonics live but I’ve always loved their music! AND The Goodfoot is my favorite dance spot in Portland!

2. Maia November 28, 2012 at 21:43 #

Brownish Black is a soulful bunch of performers who make me dance. Please give me an excuse to wear a classy dress and heels and cut a rug with mah date! + I <3 Monophonics!

3. Preston November 29, 2012 at 09:54 #

The monophonics are straight FIRE and what better spot then the GOODFOOT!!!

4. lula November 29, 2012 at 10:56 #

Love the Goodfoot -always a good time – and would love to see Brownish Black!!

5. Corinna Chaize November 29, 2012 at 15:36 #

Please give me some tickets! I need to get down and dance, but am broke to the end.

6. Stacy November 29, 2012 at 15:46 #

These tickets are, quite simply, a health issue for me. If I do not soon have an opportunity to shake my nearly atrophied @ss around, it will simply break off and fall withered onto the office floor.

7. Jacquie November 29, 2012 at 16:01 #

On a weekend trip to Portland in 2009 we saw our first funk show @ the Goodfoot. It is now one of our favorite spots! Some of the same friends that introduced us to the Goodfoot are visiting from out of town this weekend and what better way to treat them to some Monophonics @ the same bar/venue that started our love for funk!

8. PENNY November 30, 2012 at 00:48 #

Because everyone deserves to see my killer funky moves!

9. Amanda November 30, 2012 at 10:16 #

Yeah, I’ll be there (of course, I’m there everday Saturday) but it’d cooler if it were free!

Q. Why do I attend the ‘Foot so regularly?
    A. Because they bring the best acts in town, hands down. Monophonics are rad!

10. Andrew November 30, 2012 at 10:37 #

I agree with the person above. Goodfoot knows how to get the good bands to show up. Another excellent band before the end of the world? Don’t know how they do it. Monophonics are funkin’ awesome….hope to be able to check them out on Saturday.

11. Hazel November 30, 2012 at 10:42 #

Personally, I’m torn about asking for these. On the one hand, I’d really love to see Monophonics tear up the Goodfoot with their funky funk…but, on the other hand, I’m pretty worried about Stacy’s @ss falling off.

In the end, I think she’ll be ok, so, I’d like these tickets

12. Manda November 30, 2012 at 11:47 #

I’d like to attend because I’ve had the joy of catching the Monophonics in action a few times and recognize that they are stellar. I dig the funk and it is my buddy’s birthday. Please help me help him celebrate by bringing him as my free guest!

13. James November 30, 2012 at 13:51 #

Love me some soul/funk. Whats not to like.
    Thanks