There are sure to be thousands of people roaming NW Portland. There are over 50 (probably 100) galleries having openings this month, with most openings taking place in the Pearl district and Old Town/China Town. Most gallery openings begin at 5PM or 6PM and end at 9PM or 10PM.
We have a very large list below thanks to Sequential Art Gallery (328 NW Broadway). They compile an email called the “[h]IT LIST” of events every month. You can join it by emailing them @ sequentialart @ gmail dot com. We have reproduced much of it below with permission.
FREE PORTLAND: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top music and art venues in Portland. Join our email list if you like free stuff
Related Portland Events & Info:
- Events: Our Portland December Events Calendar & Ticket Giveaways
- BUY Portland ART: Limited Edition Portland Neighborhood Paintings By Chris Haberman | “Hoods & Pockets”
- Holiday Sale: Looptworks Holiday Sample Sale | FREE, All Ages, Deep Discounts, Refreshments, Music
- Comedy: Pete Holmes @ Helium Comedy Club | NBC’s ‘Outsourced’, Comedy Central Presents
- Holiday Lights: Portland Christmas/Holiday Lights Trolley Tour: PIR Winter Wonderland, Peacock Lane
- Music: Joy Now Arts Project Kickoff & Fundraiser @ Alberta Rose Theatre | Vagabond Opera, March Fourth Marching Band, Food, Raffle
- Music: Moon Duo w/ Life Coach @ Holocene | Hypnotic Kraut Rock (Win Tickets, $20+)
- Art: First Thursday Art Show @ Swift Lounge | FREE, Art by DYLON, Music by DJ T’ant (more info)
- Happy Hour: Bacchanal Ballroom @ Portland Art Museum | Music, Live Performance Art, Happy Hour
This Month at Sequential Art Gallery
“THE MONTH OFF”
by Sequential Gallery Staff
328 Northwest Broadway Portland, OR 97209
(503) 916-9293 | More Info: www.sequentialartgallery.com
SequentialArtGallery presents, well, nothing exhibit wise. We’re taking the month off as a gallery, but expect exciting new developments soon!
Sequential Art Gallery + Studio is located in Old Town Chinatown at the Everett Station Lofts, 328 NW Broadway #113. Open for regular gallery hours Thursdays (3pm-7pm) and Saturdays (11am-5pm) or by appointment. The gallery showcases local artists who explore the concept of sequential art, which is loosely defined as using consecutive images to tell a story. Curated by Kaebel JK Hashitani and Merrick Monroe.
Everett Station Lofts (625 NW Everett & 328 NW Broadway):
- 101. [VACANT]
- 102. SOHITEK GALLERY - Open First Thursday
- 103. RIGHT SIDE ART - Open First Thursday
- 104. ORIENTATION - Open First Thursday
- 105. PONY CLUB GALLERY – Open First Thursday
- 106. COCK GALLERY - Open First Thursday
- 107. FOTOEFFECT GALLERY - ”Cash & Carry: 2012, the First Billion Dollar Election”
- 108. [VACANT]
- 109. B*ORIGINAL ARTGLASS - Open First Thursday
- 110. DARRAS - Open First Thursday
- 111. FLEETING STATES - Group show of local artists
- 113. SEQUENTIAL ART GALLERY - Closed for winter break (see above)
- 114. TIMESHARE - Bun vs. The Snail
- 115. ABSTRACT IDEA MOTION - Open First Thursday
- 116. TYSON GALLERY – Open First Thursday
- 117. PAINT HARD- Open First Thursday
BREEZE BLOCK GALLERY [323 NW 6th Ave] – Closed for winter break
Old Town Chinatown First Thursday Events:
- LAN SU CHINESE GARDENS [NW 3rd & Everett] - Winter hours 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- OREGON NIKKEI LEGACY CENTER [121 NW 2nd] – “Coming Home: Voices of Return and Resettlement, 1945-1965″, 4-7pm
- FIFTY24PDX/ UPPER PLAYGROUND [ 23 NW 5th] - Plywork presents “Blurred Lines” featuring local photographers.
- FLOATING WORLD [400 NW Couch] “Within Without” art exhibit plus book release for “Field Studies” and “Secret Voice” with Ephameron, Aidan Koch, and Zack Soto
- BUTTERS[520 NW Davis] -”Beautiful Bad News” by Betsy Wolfston; “Encaustic Paintings” by David Pierce
- HELLION [19 NW 5th] – “Pindorama”- group show of Brazilian artists.
- GRAETER GALLERY [131 NW 2nd] – (Tentatively) Open First Thursday
- GRASS HUT [400 NW Couch] – Open First Thursday
- BACKSPACE [115 NW 5th] – Open First Thursday
- COMPOUND [107 NW 5th Ave] – “End of the World” group show, curated by Molly Georgetta”
- TRIM/VOJDANI GALLERY at P:EAR [338 NW 6th Ave] – “Circumference.”; art by Kim Hamblin and p:ear youth
- 24HR CHURCH OF ELVIS [408 NW Couch] – Open 24/7
- EPHEMERAL GALLERY [412 NW Couch] – “You’d Better Watch Out” Santa mural (see above)
Northwest Portland First Thursday Events:
- CHAMBERS [916 NW Flanders] – “Connecting…” a group show
- LAURA RUSSO [805 NW 21st] – work by Fay Jones and Jan Reeves
- AUGEN NW [716 NW Davis ] -
- Group Show: Gallery Artists; “At a Loss for Words”, new paintings by Trish Grantham
- GALLERY 114 [1100 NW Glisan] -”December 2012: In the Wake of a Mythology” byAlaina Dias Lara
- THE SPACE/JILLIAN RABE LLC [1030 NW 12th Ave] – Open First Thursday
- BLUE SKY [122 NW 8th Ave] -Photography by Louie Palu and Theresia Viska.
- [420 NW 9th Ave] – drawings by Judith Wyss; “Aberrations and Obstructions of Vision” by Theresa Redinger
- MUSEUM of CONTEMPORARY CRAFT [724 NW Davis] – “Reflecting on Erik Gronborg” and “Design with the Other 90%: CITIES”
- BULLSEYE [300 NW 13th Ave] – “Conversations: Architectural Responses to Place” by Richard Parrish & Karlyn Sutherland
- ELIZABETH LEACH [417 NW 9th Ave] – “Atacama” by Lee Kelly; “Vestibules and Portals, Laminates and Veneers” by Mark R. Smith
- FROELICK [714 NW Davis] -”Repose” by Kevin Kadar; “La Vue à travers” by Stephen O’Donnell; “Breaking the Mold” by Ronna Neuenschwander
- PDX CONTEMPORARY [925 NW Flanders] -
- “Black Dove/Sky Forms” by Molly Vidor and Nell Warren
- GALLERY 135 [135 NW Park]- Open First Thursday
- DEEP FIELD GALLERY [1126 NW 13th] – Open First Thursday
- GIGANTIC [1720 NW Lovejoy #103] – Open First Thursday
- PARK 19 APARTMENTS [550 NW 19th] – paintings by James Dunbar and Chris Haberman, live painting by Chris Haberman to be raffled.
- BASIL HALLWARD GALLERY@ POWELL’S [1005 W. Burnside] – Open First Thursday
Southwest Portland First Thursday Events:
- READING FRENZY [921 SW Oak] – “Homespun”, homemade and small batch items from local artists and friends. See above.
- FOURTEEN30 CONTEMPORARY [1501 SW Market] – “Romancing the Stone” group show.
- PORTLAND ART MUSEUM [1219 SW Park]: – Current exhibits: include Van Gogh’s The White House Among the Olives
- STUMPTOWN DOWNTOWN [128 SW 3rd] – Open First Thursday
- SHAFFER FINE ART [308 SW 1sr Ave] - Holiday show
- ELROY ARTSPACE @ The ORIGINAL [300 SW 6th Ave] – Open First Thursday
- GALLERY SESSO [824 SW 1st Ave] – Open First Thursday
Our Portland Events App for PDX Pipeline is now available for iPhones, Android phones and iPads!
Now, you can have all of the great Portland Events from our website in the palm of your hand when you’re out on the town. We have also added live happy hours, concert schedules and movies times to help you plan a fun night out in Portland!
Download the App for iPhone here
Download the App for Android here