Custom Portraits By Chris Haberman | 8×16
This is the last week our good friend and respected Portland artist Chris Haberman is offering custom made, 8″ x 16″ portraits of you or your loved ones on painted on recycled wood to PDX Pipeline readers for only $50 ($15 more with a frame)! He will even paint you or your loved ones with a PDX ‘hood! Paintings can be customized to include your favorite landmarks, people, phrases and more! A Chris Haberman portrait is the perfect Portland holiday gift for your friends and family and you don’t even have to leave the house or brave the mall to get it!
Chris is only making 200 of these custom portraits so be sure and place your order now! Last year, our limited edition portrait paintings with Haberman sold out and these are twice the size! Christmas shipping deadline is December 14th. Pickup deadline is December 21st.
Chris Haberman is a working writer, painter, muralist, curator and musician, native to Portland, Oregon. All of his artwork is created from recycled objects, found material from the streets and alleyways of his hometown. A discarded cabinet door or table top quickly becomes the backdrop for an integrated puzzle-poem of figures and text, focusing on subjects like people, politics, the region, pop-culture, media, music, film and literature.
More Info + Purchase Your Custom Chris Haberman Portrait
Portland Mayor Sam Adams said in 2009 that “Chris is the hardest working artist in Portland.” In Jan, 2010, Chris was a featured artist for Oregon Art Beat on Oregon Public Broadcasting and was awarded “Portland Artist of the Year” by Barfly Magazine. In January 2011, he and fellow artist Jennifer Mercede won a national artist contest in Las Vegas, competing with artists’ from 10 other cities.
In the Fall of 2011, he completed a 219 wood panel album reproduction for an office mural for record label Kill Rock Stars, and produced a 100 work show of “The Peoples History of Oregon” at Littman and White Gallery at Portland State University. In the summer of 2012, he completed an 80 foot mural about “The History of Hawthorne Blvd.” at 50th Avenue and SE Hawthorne Blvd. on the Eagles Fraternal Lodge. He was born and raised right here in Portland, OR.
How it Works:
- Purchase your painting
- You decide which people/landmarks you’d like in your portrait.
- We’ll arrange pick-up or ship it to you based on your choice. Shipping deadline in December 14, pick up deadline is December 21.
- Done! Custom Portland painting!
Chris is only making 200 of these custom neighborhood paintings so be sure and place your order now. Last year, our limited edition portrait paintings with Haberman sold out!
Portland Holiday Gifts: Portraits by Chris Haberman
Custom 8×16 Portraits
Cost: $50 | Only 200 Available
Optional Framing: $15
Optional Shipping: $10
Free Pickup: Downtown (Pioneer Place Mall People’s Studio)
- Purchase Portrait (Unframed, Free Pickup): $50
- Purchase Portrait (Framed, Free Pickup): $65
- Purchase Portrait (Unframed, Shipping): $60
- Purchase Portrait (Framed, Shipping): $75
“My Portland Story” by Chris Haberman
Woodstock, SE Portland by Chris Haberman
Alberta, NE Portland by Chris Haberman
“Portland Street Life” by Chris Haberman
Quick Haberman Links, Videos, Profiles & Info:
- OPB Oregon Art Beat – Artist Feature: http://www.opb.org/programs/artbeat/segments/view/830
- City of Night/Art Install 2009/Goodfoot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTI5KsPjqv8
- Fractal City Mural w Jennifer Mercede: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxXVWMIeKzA
- Art Rocks/Haberman Documentary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOtBxtiKalc
- Manor of Art/Haberman co-curator/Interview w Mayor: http://vimeo.com/6364392
- Oh Mural – Haberman Install – Oh Design: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pVYWhph7gM&feature=related
- Source Newspaper-Bend,OR – http://www.tsweekly.com/culture/chris-haberman.html
- Q&A/Portland Tribune – http://www.portlandtribune.com/news/120785927519707000
- Haberman/Arts Interview – http://www.artsinterviews.com/?p=199
- Haberman/Works VI – Channel 8/2011: http://www.kgw.com/thesquare/114393284.html
- Pdx Pipeline/Artist Feature: http://pdxpipeline.com/2011/04/06/portland-people-the-edgy-and-original-chris-haberman-artist-gallery-curator/