Win Tickets: Speakeasy Electro Swing @ Someday Lounge | Electro Swing Music

We are giving away a pair of tickets to Speakeasy Electro Swing at Someday Lounge on Thursday, January 31, 2013. To win, comment on this post why you’d like to attend. Winner will be drawn and emailed Monday, January 28.

FREE PORTLAND: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top music and art venues in Portland. Join our email list if you like free stuff

Electro Swing Speakeasy @ Someday LoungeSpeakeasy Electro Swing w/ Global Ruckus, Sknny Mrcls, DJ Eliazer
Thursday, January 31, 2013
9 p.m. | $7 | 21+
Facebook Event
More Info: electro-swing.com

Someday Lounge
125 NW 5th Ave Portland, OR 97209
(503) 248-1030 | More Info: www.somedaylounge.com

Welcome to the retro-future. As our economy revisits the depression era, it is time for our culture to revel in the glory of those days. It is time to get snazzed up, and get down to the sounds of Electro Swing that have been taking over the UK and the rest of Europe in the last few years. We are bringing you the first events to focus on these sounds of now on this continent where the music began.

As we scour the crates of dusty old record stores and remake these songs into club tunes of today, updating the swing sounds with electro, hip hop, house, bass, and dub. The sounds have been spreading through the Electro Swing compilations on Wagram music out of France, and the White Mink/Black Cotton albums from the UK in the past few years. With Electro Swing coming to every major festival in the EU this summer, we know it will only take a moment for folks on this side of the sea to find out why we are all working up a sweat about the sound.

As our Speakeasy Electro Swing team started out holding events in Montreal (evolving from loft parties with a claw foot tub full of booze to monthly events selling out a venue of 350), we are now spreading the sound far and wide with regular events in Oslo, Seattle, Vancouver, Austin, and now Portland. DJ Eliazar, a past Portland resident who did many events at Holocene, the Nightlight lounge, Crush, the Aalto, PRA, etc, started these events in Montreal and is now coming back home as it were to bring some swing to Stumptown. Sharing the stage with Portland’s own Global Ruckus, who has already been bringing some electro swing nights to this fine city for the last few years along with his myriad of other musical taste making shows. Also on the bill is Sknny Mrcls, bringing some silky smooth sounds to your ears.

, , , , , , ,

11 Responses to Win Tickets: Speakeasy Electro Swing @ Someday Lounge | Electro Swing Music

1. The Incredible Kid January 22, 2013 at 14:10 #

DJ Eliazar has spent years building up a thriving Electro Swing scene in Montreal, and Global Ruckus has been throwing nights and working to establish the scene in Portland, so this will be a great night of dedicated Electro Swingness from some committed practitioners.

2. Amanda January 23, 2013 at 15:29 #

I was SO EXCITED for this event that I tried going last Thursday. Now that’s some dedication! :)

3. Svati January 23, 2013 at 15:34 #

I broke my foot on Christmas Day and have been sitting on my ass ever since. My foot’s still broken, but this show is on my birthday, so I’m gonna show up and scoot around on the dance floor just because I can. And while I’m down there, I’m gonna look for my yoga butt, because it seems to have fallen down there somewhere…

4. Davi January 23, 2013 at 15:36 #

Because I love swing dancing and I love electroswing and this is a great chance to do both!

5. Kate January 23, 2013 at 16:42 #

I love to dance and can never get my friends to go with me. I have always wanted to learn how to swing because it is the music my grandparents listened to and I love it. Plus, I love cocktail parties and electro swing is what I play (to the irritation of my friends who just don’t gt it). I’m so excited to go!!

6. Jacob January 24, 2013 at 08:10 #

I’m looking forward to this event. I’ve been listening to electro swing for a couple of years now, but I’ve yet to go out and actually dance with other lovers of the swinging body. This show is gonna be rad!

7. Frank Byers January 24, 2013 at 16:01 #

We want to find out what this is all about and keep hope alive.

8. Leann January 24, 2013 at 23:49 #

I am ready to go dance my booty off! This girl needs a night out to let her hair down.

9. Dung January 25, 2013 at 15:28 #

Well hot damn, sounds like a swingin time for hot dames and gents wanting to cut-a-rug! This dollface wants to win tickets!

10. Chris January 27, 2013 at 19:32 #

“Dancing is the art of getting your feet out of the way faster than your partner can step on them.” My friends can attest to the fact that my skills aren’t good (understatement), but I’m more than willing to show them off. They call me the Elaine Bennis of the dance floor … and if you didn’t watch Seinfeld, you’ll have no idea what I’m talking about.

11. Mindy January 30, 2013 at 12:36 #

Because I like dancing, and my friend likes dancing and electroswing is great!