We are giving away a pair of tickets to Crowdfunding 101 on Wednesday, March 6, 2013. To win, comment on this post why you’d like to attend. Winner will be drawn and emailed Monday, March 4.

FREE PORTLAND: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top music and art venues in Portland. Join our email list if you like free stuff

Crowdfunding 101 PortlandCrowdfunding 101
Wednesday, March 6, 2013
6-9 p.m. | $35-$45 | All Ages
Purchase tickets at Eventbrite
Location: 333 SW Park Ave Portland, OR
Facebook Event

Crowdfunding has emerged as a viable alternative for financing everything from creative projects (films, albums, events), to medical research, important journalism, and innovative products.

BONUS: Every attendee will receive a high-quality video recording of the workshop for their private use.

No one turned away due to lack of funds. Email me with details for potential gift admission ian@ianmack.com

Join filmmaker and new paradigm advocate Ian MacKenzie (Occupy Love, Sacred Economics) to learn how to plan, manage, and launch your own campaign. Coffee/tea will be provided.

“Ian is a crowdfunding master. From his experience he knows what it takes to be successful, and, even more importantly, is adept at coaching others to find success in crowdfunding as well.” – Kate Drane, Entrepreneur Engagement Lead, Indiegogo

IN THIS 3 HOUR WORKSHOP, YOU WILL LEARN:

– how and why to start building an audience early
– how to set your campaign goal and reach it
– how to frame your project so it matters and why others should care
– the biggest campaign mistakes and how to avoid them
– how crowdfunding fits into the larger paradigm shift in the world at large

Crowdfunding 101 PortlandWHO THIS WORKSHOP IS FOR:

This workshop is for creatives, artists, activists, entrepreneurs, inventors, designers, lovers, and anyone who wants to make their idea, dream, or vision a reality. You will walk away with your own strategic plan to launch your campaign and the confidence to know how & why crowdfunding works.

Any questions? Email ian@ianmack.com

DON’T MISS THE FOLLOW UP WORKSHOP SHOOTING THE PITCH VIDEO .

, , , , , , ,

24 Responses to Win Tickets ($70): Crowdfunding 101 | How To Plan, Launch and Manage A Successful Campaign

1. Denise February 26, 2013 at 15:03 #

I’m working on developing a new crowdfunding platform and would really benefit from the information at this event.

2. Zakk February 26, 2013 at 16:20 #

sign me up! WHAKi needs to figure this out.

3. Nicholas Gaskill February 26, 2013 at 19:09 #

The reason I want to attend “Crowdfunding 101″ is because I want to do something better with my day than act as a slave to the CEO at my 9-5. It’s because I can’t afford college anymore until i make a change (that makes me some ¢hange). I want to attend because I see great potential in the skills of my closest friends ..& myself, & I am compelled to share our vision.

4. julian payne February 28, 2013 at 12:26 #

hello! my friends and i are working on a career development start up and are seriously considering running a crowd funding campaign in the future. this workshop would be extremely helpful to us as we are new to many aspects of running a successful start up. thank you for making this possible!

5. Ben Calkins February 28, 2013 at 12:58 #

Thank you PDX for telling us about this event! I’ll definitely be going since this is right in line with my major! Please help a broke college kid save some money!

6. Graham Talley February 28, 2013 at 15:30 #

I’m one of the owners at Float On, which runs 6 float tanks out of SE Portland. For over a year, I’ve also been running a donation based business workshop called CAKE.

This event looks like it will have great info to pass onto all of our CAKE members/fans, and we’ve done some serious outreach with Float On (and are always looking to improve for the extreme outreach we intend to continue).

Thanks for putting this on!

7. Jena February 28, 2013 at 15:48 #

Hello,

I would like to attend this event because I am a recently laid off creative professional looking to start her own business.

Thanks!

8. April Ruthie February 28, 2013 at 15:53 #

I am a community organizer and professional dream forecaster (not in a tea leaves way but a get a plan and work it way- i help people make their dreams come true!) with ten years of experience- i am highly skeptical of crowdfunding but must admit i have never schooled myself completely on the concept- school me friends!

9. Kelly February 28, 2013 at 16:12 #

I work with several area non-profits that could really benefit from understanding crowd funding better. They want to focus on making the world a better place, not being financial gurus, and they want to be careful they don’t get into any shady deals they don’t understand. So, I would appreciate learning this information.

10. Nick Fillis February 28, 2013 at 16:14 #

I launched a campaign yesterday! I need all the help and tips I can get.

11. Bill Stewart February 28, 2013 at 16:44 #

Working with several startups. HELP!!

12. C-Rad February 28, 2013 at 17:02 #

You should send me because I answer all your robot math security questions correctly. Oh, and I have immense plans for the future that need financial support from the people whom my plans will benefit!

13. Renee LaChance February 28, 2013 at 17:31 #

This old dog needs new tricks. I am an old school entrepreneur in need of new school crowd sourcing education. Since all of my money goes to float my struggling businesses I won’t make it without a free ticket.

Choose me, choose me.

14. Scott February 28, 2013 at 21:23 #

I am in the rough draft of a future book and this would really help.

15. LisaS February 28, 2013 at 23:00 #

I definitely need to attend and would revel in winning tickets to this! Just what I’ve been looking for!

16. Michael Thulin @ensky March 1, 2013 at 00:52 #

I would love to attend, I know there’s going to be some great information shared. It would help in preparing for at least two future crowdfunding projects.

17. Lucas Gray March 1, 2013 at 09:18 #

I’m a designer looking to create some community projects in the Vernon neighborhood in NE Portland. Learning how to crowd fund these projects would be a huge step in the process.

18. d@Ve March 1, 2013 at 11:13 #

i’ve an idea, and it needs to breathe. help!

19. K croft March 1, 2013 at 18:12 #

I would like to attend this fundraising class because I am required to raise money every year,(job requirement) I have never met my required goal and I would like to figure out what I may not be doing, or what I can do better!!

20. Destry Brown March 1, 2013 at 19:01 #

Would love to go to this it would help with my new job!

21. Chris Bilsborrow March 2, 2013 at 18:47 #

Perfect timing! I would love to take my friend to this! She is trying to open an INTERNATIONAL HOSTEL in Astoria and could really use the info at this event to help get her within reach of her dream. Oh my, what a wonderful surprise that would be!!!

22. Modern Day Nomads March 3, 2013 at 15:12 #

Just launched a new website & would love more info on crowdfunding to boost my business!

23. Zia DeMaria March 4, 2013 at 09:28 #

I want to go to this workshop because I am a marketing major and this would help me have a leg up on the outside world of marketing. It would help me with my internship project which could lead to a paid position which would be amazing to start my journey in the marketing life I have chosen and can’t wait to be a part of.

24. Jeff Heller March 4, 2013 at 17:11 #

I am in the middle of beginning a community based program which provides refurbished bicycles that have been donated to transitional programs for the homeless as a mode of transportation to work, Dr. appointments, and exercise to aid in their recovery. I have already proved this concept by successfully getting two bikes into the hands of the folks at City Team International, and now have a location to perform the work.
    I have been fortunate enough to have people within the BTA offer their assistance in moving this forward, but I could definitely use the knowledge gained from this workshop to bring it to the next level.