The 2013 Portland Farmers Market season opens this Saturday on the PSU Park Blocks. There will be an initial 100 vendors (many new ones!), and it will grow to even more later in the season. The picture above was taken on opening day a few years back. Even though the weather isn’t perfect this time of year, there will be thousands of people out there this Saturday including our new mayor!
FREE PORTLAND: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top events in Portland. Join our newsletter if you like free stuff
Related Portland Events and Info:
- St Patty’s: Portland St. Patrick’s Day Events: Parties, Music, Food & Drink Specials
- Events: Our Portland Events Calendar and Ticket Giveaways
2013 Portland Farmers Market Info, New Vendors, Pics & Video:
From Press Release:
2013 Portland Farmers Market
Saturdays, Saturdays, March 16th through December 21st
Times: 8:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. – March thru October | 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. – November & December
Location: Portland State University in the South Park Blocks between SW Hall & SW Montgomery.
More info: www.portlandfarmersmarket.org/markets/psu
Mayor Charlie Hales Rings in PFM’s 22nd Season this Saturday
Nothing signals the start of spring like opening day at our Portland State University Market! Join us this Saturday, March 16, at 8:30am sharp at the music stage in the center of the market, where Mayor Charlie Hales will ring the opening bell and say a few words to marketgoers. When asked what the market means to him, Mayor Hales said, “Portland Farmers Market has helped put Portland on the map as a destination for great food,” adding, “There’s nothing like wandering through the market, picking out the freshest local produce, and talking directly to the people who grew it to make you feel connected to your community.”
Let’s usher in our 22nd market season together on Saturday from 8:30am to 2:00pm, under a canopy of budding trees in the South Park Blocks, where the freshest seasonal foods will be ripe for the picking from more than 100 farmers, food producers and artisans. Click here for an interactive map of vendors who will be at the market on opening day.
We are happy to welcome several new vendors to our PSU Market this year and encourage you to seek them out to say hello and discover why we are proud to add them to the PFM family!
- Bodmer – Gourmet garlic growers offering over 20 varieties of soft-neck and hard-neck garlic and several varieties of shallots.
- Honey Mama’s – Their flagship product is a nutrient rich, cocoa-honey treat called Nectar Fudge—a soy-, dairy- and gluten-free food, made from five pure ingredients.
- InTownAg – Neighborhood crops farmed in Portland yards brought to market through garden sharing with homeowners.
- Kuys Cambodian Sauces – Made-by-hand sauces from Kuys restaurant, using local ingredients whenever possible.
- Little Localvore – Always-fresh baby food made in a certified kitchen using locally grown, organic fruits, vegetables and grains.
- Mickelberry Gardens – Specializing in treatment-free raw honey and bee products used to make Honey Tonics and organic skincare.
- Natural Valley Poultry – Offering pastured poultry that is free of hormones and antibiotics.
- Nectar Creek Honeywine – Handcrafted mead from small batches, using the best ingredients the Pacific Northwest has to offer to produce a sensational pint.
- Nightlight Farms – A truly urban farm at 39th and E. Burnside offering specialty microgreens.
- Nossa Familia Coffee – Locally roasted coffee sourced directly from the owner’s family farm in Brazil. A true farm-to-cup pedigree.
- Three Sisters Nixtamal – Organic corn masa and tortillas made using the centuries old, nutritionally-rich process of Nixtamalization.
Our Portland Events App for PDX Pipeline is now available for iPhones, Android phones and iPads!
Now, you can have all of the great events from our website in the palm of your hand when you’re out on the town.
Download the App for iPhone here
Download the App for Android here
More Farmers Market Pictures:
Photo by LaValle PDX
Photo by Steven D. Lenhart
Photo by Hulya in Portland
Photo by Miriam.PDX
Photo by drburtoni