Win Tickets ($20): Dresses @ Backspace | All Ages Show, Light Rock Party Band

We are giving away a pair of tickets to Dresses @ Backspace on July 26. To win, comment on this post why you’d like to attend. Winner will be drawn and emailed Friday, July 26.

FREE PORTLAND: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top music and art venues in Portland. Join our newsletter if you like free stuff

Dresses @ BackspaceDresses
July 26, 2013
8:30 p.m. | $8-$10 | All Ages (Bar available w/ ID)
Purchase Tickets at TicketFly
Band Info

Backspace
115 NW 5th Ave Portland, OR 97209
(503) 248-2900

Dresses is a Portland based light rock party band made up of two guys and two girls. The band consists of Jared Ryan Maldonado on guitar and sharing vocal duties with Timothy Heller. Read a recent Q&A with the band here and check out their tunes on Bandcamp.

, , , , , , , , ,

12 Responses to Win Tickets ($20): Dresses @ Backspace | All Ages Show, Light Rock Party Band

1. Amy Brennan July 22, 2013 at 11:22 #

Man, I need to check them out. Some happy music would be just the thing about now.

2. Barbara Richardson July 23, 2013 at 09:53 #

Dresses makes me wanna dance! This is going to be one fun show, would love to go!

3. Andelain July 24, 2013 at 15:34 #

My best friend and I would have an amazing night out to see them! Look’s like daddy is babysitting for mommy!!!

4. Andrew Roetker July 24, 2013 at 17:25 #

I have been listening to Dresses since their first single and YouTube videos and would love the opportunity to bring my friend who also loves them to see them in concert after their big EP release!!!

5. Scott Guthrie July 24, 2013 at 17:40 #

Would love to go see my former students! Their music is fantastic!

6. rachel July 24, 2013 at 17:46 #

Timothy is a goodness and to see her live would be amazing! I want to see them before they get too famous and start selling out in 10 minutes!

7. Amy Cordier July 24, 2013 at 19:31 #

My boyfriend and I just finished moving two households (a total of five people) into one house in this ridiculous heat. The reward we’ve decided on to celebrate our new house and home? Seeing Dresses on Friday!!!

It would be awesome to be treated to a free show, he is a huge fan and I’m getting hooked on their sound.

8. Sawyer July 24, 2013 at 20:59 #

Because I am cool and got a body that brings the pawty

9. Orion July 25, 2013 at 11:26 #

When Jared was a teen he used to amuse his two little sisters by making these hysterical video “commercials” with them as actors. . like, “It’s fun! It’s new! It’s toilet paper! Try some TODAY!” I love that he is bringing the same quirky sense of humor, light touch, and friendly feeling to his music. I’ve only heard his music recorded and would love to see him live . . and give him a big hug! <3

10. Ashley W. July 25, 2013 at 13:01 #

I was terminated from my employer last month and have been looking for a new job but I always end up sidewinning contests but regardless I would still drive down from Seattle to Portland to see them perform tomorrow! tracked to find new groups/bands/music instead. I discovered Dresses LITERALLY 5 minutes ago and have already fallen under their magic! Just bought their EP and have it playing right now. haha

I don’t have much luck when it comes to winning contests but regardless I would still drive down from Seattle to Portland to see them tomorrow!

• Ashley W. July 25, 2013 at 13:20 #

My entry got distorted. :(

I was terminated from my employer last month and have been looking for a new job but I always end up tracked to find new groups/bands/music instead. I discovered Dresses LITERALLY 5 minutes ago and have already fallen under their magic! Just bought their EP and have it playing right now. haha

11. Alex July 25, 2013 at 13:59 #

because it would be lovely