We are giving away a glass growler and fill for the Hawthorne Hophouse Danktoberfest on October 12. To win, comment on this post why you’d like to attend. Winner will be drawn and emailed Friday, October 11.
FREE PORTLAND: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top music and art venues in Portland. Join our newsletter if you like free stuff
From our sponsors:
October 12, 2013
1-7 p.m. | Free | 21+
More info: oregonhophouse.com
4111 SE Hawthorne Blvd Portland, OR 97214
It’s October, and time for:
a. Fresh hop beer
b. Pumpkin beer
c. All things dank.
We’ve got you covered. This next Saturday, we’ve got an event we are calling “DANKtoberfest”? What is dank, you ask?
An expression frequently used by stoners and hippies for something of high quality.
“That borritos was dank, man. or… That borritos was the dankness”
(note: urbandictionary.com. great way to keep up with the cool kids.)
This Saturday 10/12/13, 1:00 – 7:00. Outside Hawthorne Hophouse in a big tent.
Come celebrate all things dank at our event, which will feature:
1. Copious amounts of fresh hop beers, including but not limited to Alameda, Pints, Double Mountain, Oakshire, GoodLife, Crux, Fort George, Full Sail, Reverend Nat’s and others;
2. Some pumpkin beers, depending on what we get in. Definitely Elysian, working on the rest.
3. Special yummy Oktoberfest food, offered by JD and Colin and the kitchen gang…
Elysian Karma Citra Fresh Hop Red Beer Brat cooked in served on a potato roll with kraut, grilled onions and shredded apples…Chicken Schnitzle Topped with Portabell0 Gravy served with spetzle in a mustard cream sauce and sauteed green beans….Full Sail Fresh Hop Pilsner Beer Cheese Soup with roasted cauliflower served with a biscuit.
4. Blown glass and accoutrement by our neighbors at Mellow Mood. Live glass blowing.
5. Games by Cloud Cap games, our friends over in Sellwood. Game lessons, demonstrations – they have all the new cool board games.
6. Also at DANKtoberfest … Worthy. Remember that brewer Chad Kennedy from Laurelwood way back when (okay, it was only a couple of years ago) who moved to Bend and started a huge new brewery called Worthy Brewing? We are getting one of the Worthy guys to come pour some specialty beers outside as well. If you haven’t had their beer, you need to.