We are giving away a pair of tickets to Valentine’s Day with Mortified Portland @ Mission Theater on February 13. To win, comment on this post why you’d like to attend. Winner will be drawn and emailed Monday, February 10.
FREE PORTLAND: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top music and art venues in Portland. Join our newsletter if you like free stuff!
From our sponsors:
Valentine’s Day With Mortified Portland
February 13-15, 2014
Doors 6 p.m. / 8 p.m. Show | $13 ADV / $16 Doors | 21+
McMenamins Mission Theater
1624 NW Glisan St, Portland, OR 97209
(503) 223-4527 | More info: mcmenamins.com
Mortified, the cult comedy sensation that’s a smash hit in LA, NYC, D.C., San Francisco, Austin, Chicago & Boston returns to McMenamins Mission Theater for a brand new show just in time for Valentine’s Day. Come see angst-filled Portlanders share their shame for three big nights: Thursday, Feb 13, Friday, Feb 14 & Saturday, Feb 15.
Hailed locally by The Oregonian, Portland Monthly, and Willamette Week, and nationally by Newsweek, Entertainment Weekly and NPR’s This American Life, Mortified stars everyday people sharing their most embarrassing, pathetic and private teenage diary entries, poems, love letters, lyrics and home movies… in front of total strangers. Witness “personal redemption through public humiliation” in a refreshing show that is equal parts comedic, cathartic and voyeuristic. The largest and longest running project of its kind returns featuring a collection of Portland’s bravest souls.
WHO LIKE-LIKES MORTIFIED:
- “A grassroots phenomenon” (The Oregonian)
- “A literary high-wire act” (Portland Monthly)
- “Enlightening!” (Esquire)
- “Unbearably intimate… completely funny!” (The Onion AV Club)
- “Embarrassing, hilarious and just plain wrong!” (Bust Magazine)
- “Some of the juiciest real life tragedies.” (TimeOut NY)
- “Heartbreakingly hilarious tales of personal woe & social catastrophe!” (Flavorpill)