We are giving away 5 individual pairs of tickets to any film. To win, comment on this post why you’d like to attend. Winner will be drawn and emailed Friday, February 21.
FREE PORTLAND: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top music and art venues in Portland. Join our newsletter if you like free stuff!
From our sponsors:
37 Portland International Film Festival
February 6-26, 2014
$11 General; $10 Portland Art Museum Members, Students, Seniors; $8 Silver Screen Club Friends, Children
More info + Full Schedule: nwfilm.org
Over the last 37 years, the Portland International Film Festival has populated its schedule with diverse and innovative films for an audience of more than 38,000 annually from throughout the Northwest.
As Oregon’s largest, most culturally diverse film event, the Portland International Film Festival pulls together a multi-faceted experience with over 125 films and special events presenting a full spectrum of features, documentaries, shorts, and visiting artists – and featuring submissions for the Best Foreign Language Film Oscar and works by both returning masters and emerging talents.
This year’s Festival includes the return of the popular PIFF After Dark program, showcasing midnight movies like Ti West’s (THE HOUSE OF THE DEVIL) THE SACRAMENT and Ari Folman’s (WALTZ WITH BASHIR) THE CONGRESS for adventurous festival attendees. Contained within the PIFF 37 lineup is a sizable animation block with seven animated features on offer, including THE APOSTLE, MY MOMMY IS IN AMERICA AND SHE MET BUFFALO BILL, and the latest film by Portland-born animator Bill Plympton, CHEATIN’.
Other highlights of PIFF 37 include screenings of Tsai Ming-Liang’s (WHAT TIME IS IT OVER THERE?) STRAY DOGS, Rithy Panh’s THE MISSING PICTURE, Doug Pray’s (HYPE!) LEVITATED MASS, François Ozon’s (SWIMMING POOL) YOUNG AND BEAUTIFUL, Jillian Schlesinger’s MAIDENTRIP, Alain Guiraudie’s STRANGER BY THE LAKE, Anthony Chen’s ILO ILO and Claude Lanzmann’s (SHOAH) THE LAST OF THE UNJUST.
The snow may have slowed opening weekend of PIFF 37, but we’re making up for it with four extra days! We hope you can join us for these special edition screenings.
- 2/19, WH, 5:45pm, OMAR, Palestine
- 2/19, C21S, 6:00pm, OF HORSES AND MEN, Iceland
- 2/23, WH, 10:00am, THE ZIGZAG KID, The Netherlands
- 2/23, WH, 12:15pm, ERNEST AND CELESTINE, France
- 2/23, WH, 2:00pm, TWO LIVES, Germany
- 2/23, WH, 4:15pm, SALVO, Italy
- 2/23, WH, 6:30pm, AFTERMATH, Poland
- 2/24, WH, 6:00pm, BEST OF THE SHORTS, Various
- 2/24, WH, 8:15pm, MARY QUEEN OF SCOTS, Switzerland
- 2/25, WH, 6:00pm, FINDING VIVIAN MAIER, United States
- 2/25, WH, 8:15pm, CHILD’S POSE, Romania
- 2/26, WH, 6:00pm, LE WEEK-END, Great Britian
- 2/26, WH, 8:15pm, CIRLCES, Serbia