We are giving away a pair of tickets to Mt. Angel Wurstfest on February 28-March 1. To win, comment on this post why you’d like to attend. Winner will be drawn and emailed Friday, February 28.
FREE PORTLAND: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top music and art venues in Portland. Join our newsletter if you like free stuff!
From our sponsors:
February 28- March 1, 2014
11 a.m. – 11 p.m. | $5-10 | All Ages (21+ After 9 p.m.)
More info: mtangelwurstfest.com
Mt. Angel Festhalle
500 S Wilco Highway, Highway 214, Mount Angel, OR 97362
The Mt Angel Chamber of Commerce announces the last great blast of winter. Wurstfest, a celebration of the mighty German (wurst) sausage takes place in the Festhalle, 500 S Wilco Hwy. on February 28 – March 1, from 11 a.m. – 11:00 p.m. both days. Admission is $5. $10 with specialty stein or glass (limited availability). Children accompanied by an adult are admitted free until 9 p.m.
Special events include Senior Day for those over 55 with special give-a-ways on Friday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. On Saturday, before the austerity of Lent, a raucous celebration of Fasching (German Mardi Gras) takes place from 5 p.m. to closing with prizes for the best costume. Dust off your lederhosen, starch up your Bavarian dirndl, pack your Fasching costume and join the happy folk of Mt. Angel for a fun-filled two-day celebration of the Wurst.
Area sausage makers present 15 varieties of the best of their wurst including bratwurst, currywurst, frickadelwurst, and many other variations garnished with sauerkraut, grilled onions and Monastery Mustards. Featured are the world famous Warsteiner beers from Germany. There will be a wide array of German and regional wines plus non-alcoholic beverages. Select cheeses, baked goods, chocolates, roasted nuts and other great delicacies round out the food offerings.
Non-stop music at Wurstfest features Oktoberfest favorites including Mt. Angel’s own Z Musikmakers, Greg Meier Bavarian Trio, Paul Smith and Friends, the Bavarian Echoes and the European Take Out Band. The local dancing troupes – the Fleckensteiners and the Kleinstädtlers perform their lively dances on both days.
There is a Kindergarten corner starting Friday afternoon and all day Saturday featuring arts and crafts, soap carving, face-painting and balloon fun.
The Wurst 5K Run & Walk is Saturday, March 1 at 10:30 a.m. Sponsored by Race Northwest, www.racenorthwest.com, includes the registration, course map, entry to Wurstfest, beer stein and a complimentary beverage.
Major sponsors for this event are Warsteiner Beers and Mt. Angel Sausage Company.
Friday, February 28th
- 11 am Wursfest Opens
- 11 am to 5 pm – Senior Specials for those over 55
- 11 am to 12 Noon – European Take-Out Band
- 12 Noon to 3 pm – The Bavarian Echoes
- 2:50 pm Sausage Making Demo – Mt. Angel Sausage Co.
- 3 pm to 6 pm – Greg Meier Alpine Trio
- 3:50 pm – Sausage Making Demo- Mt. Angel Sausage Co.
- 5:50 pm – Fleckensteiner Dancers
- 6 pm to 10 pm – Paul Smith and Friends
- 7 pm – Kinder Dancers
- 7:10 pm – Fleckensteiner Dancers
- 8:10 pm – The Kleinstadtlers
- 11 pm – Close
Saturday, March 1st
- 11 am Wursfest Opens
- 12 Noon to 2 pm – The Bavarian Echoes
- 1:50 – Sausage Making Demo
- 2 pm to 4 pm – Greg Meier Alpine Trio
- 3:50 – Sausage Making Demo
- 4 pm to 7 pm – Paul Smith and Friends
- 5: 00 pm – Fasching (German Mardi Gras) begins
- 5: 00 – Fleckensteiner Dancers
- 6:00 pm – Kinder Dancers
- 6:10 pm – Fleckensteiner Dancers
- 6:50 pm – The Kleinstadtlers
- 7 pm to 10 pm – Z Musikmakers
- 8:00 pm – The Kleinstadtlers
- 8:45 pm – Fasching Costume Judging
- 11:00 pm – Close
The Oregon Garden Resort offers a Wurstfest Special: $99.00 Package – one night lodging, dinner and two tickets to Wurstfest. Enjoy a wonderful stay at Oregon’s premier garden resort and the last blast of winter at Wurstfest. Call 503.874.2500 for details and reservations.
For more Wurstfest information, call 503.845.9440 or see www.mtangelwurstfest.com.