We are giving away a pair of tickets to Hops & Vines Beer Supper @ Goschie Hops Farm on July 19. To win, comment on this post why you’d like to attend. Winner will be drawn and emailed Friday, July 18.
FREE PORTLAND: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top music and art venues in Portland. Join our newsletter if you like free stuff!
From our sponsors:
Hops & Vines Beer Supper
July 19, 2014
6 p.m. | $85
15846 Abiqua Rd NE Silverton, OR 97381
YES! Finally a beer supper in between towering hop vines! The Side Yard Farm & Kitchen hits the road for another Nomadic Chef Supper. Experience nomadic style dining in a unique Portland location. Picture a handcrafted wooden table filled with 20 folks in the middle of Portland’s bounty. Enjoy a meal based around what is growing at the farm and foraged goods from the supper location. Goschie Farms in Silverton have opened up their lovely hops field for an evening of dining, collaboration and of course beer. You guessed it, our favorite brew crew The Commons Brewery will be pairing their goodness with multi-course farm made plates for an unforgettable meal. You don’t want to miss this one folks! Seating is limited.
Goschie Farms in Silverton, Oregon is celebrating 110 Years of growing hops. The fourth generation of Goschie farmers Gordon, Gayle and Glenn, run the operation. Goschie Farms manages 1000 acres in total: 500 acres of hops, 150 acres of winegrapes, and 350 acres of grass seed, sweet corn and grain. Today: 85% of Goschie Farms hops are sold to the craft brewing industry all over the USA.
GATHER AROUND BEER
The Commons Brewery is a small craft brewery located in Southeast Portland, Oregon. They are inspired by European brewing tradition and Northwest grown ingredients. Taking a very hands-on approach to brewing small batch beers and sourcing their hops from local producers like Goschie Farms.
- Urban Farmhouse – Simple, refreshing farmhouse ale. 5.3%
- Side Yard Soda Pop- Pickled cherry. verbena
On the table:
Lil’ Texas toast with salted butter. farm jam & pickles
Beer Poached Scallops
- watermelon. shiso. side yard fennel pollen. nasturtium leaf. lemon
- Fleur de Blanc – White farmhouse ale with rose and elderflowers. 5.9%
- summer greens. lemon cukes. cherries. flowers. fresh chick peas. cully chevre. lovage
- Myrtle – Tart farmhouse ale with Goschie grown Meridian hops. 5.2%
12 Hour Basil Wood Smoked Brisket
- tiny grilled potatoes. green coriander seeds. chile peppers. rubystreak mustards
- Flemish Kiss – Barrel aged pale ale with floral Brettanomyces yeast. 6.5%
Dessert by Morgan St.Theater!
- Blueberry and creme de cassis ice cream, vanilla curd with a duck fat and sage biscuit
- Biere Royale – sour ale with black currants. 5.8%