All hail the Marionberry, Oregon born & raised! The delicious fruit, a cross between Chehalem and Olallie blackberries, was created at Oregon State and introduced in the 1950s.
Portland Art Museum is growing! They’re looking to add a 3-story pavilion.
And WalletHub ranks Portland the 8th greenest city in the Nation.
Here’s a roundup of the goings-on in Portland this week:
- Portland Business Journal: Portland Art Museum to add 3-story pavilion as part of a $75M expansion
- Portland Monthly: Who Will Be Crowned the World’s Greatest Tetris Player?
- Portland Business Journals: Oregon brewers collect 21 medals at nation’s top beer contest
- WalletHub: 2016’s Greenest Cities in America
- Oregonian: ‘Portlandia’s’ Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein joke about ‘Instant Garbage’ and confirm when the show will end
Get Portland News delivered every Thursday! Subscribe to our newsletter here.