From our sponsors:
Portland Saturday Market 2017 Market Opening
March 4 & 5, 2017
More info: portlandsaturdaymarket.com
Portland Saturday Market
2 SW Naito Pkwy, Portland, Oregon 97204
Join PORTLAND SATURDAY MARKET, March 4 & 5, for the official opening of the 2017 season. PSM invites Portlanders of all ages to step out of their homes and into a beautiful park setting along Waterfront Park and join in the festivities for this two day event. Portlanders will be delighted with our local handcrafted art, foods, lively entertainment, kids’ activities and free giveaways.
To celebrate 44 years of arts & crafts in the Pacific Northwest, PSM will feature:
- Instagram Contest “Why I love handmade” Post pictures of products purchased from PSM. Win a $100 gift card. Stay connect socially with #handmade happiness
- Five give-a-ways of $25 gift cards per day. Enter contest at the Info Booth
- Main Stage entertainment is serving up local music with the likes of Steve Hale Music, Carl Solomon Music & Cardboard Songsters.
- Flamebuoyant Productions entertainers will meander Saturday with their stilt walkers, jugglers and musicians
- 19 food carts featuring original recipes of local favorites like Taste of Poland- potato cheese pierogi, PDX Empanadas and Beirut Cafe- shawarmas and falafel.
- 250+ talented artisans selling their original handcrafted wares.
- PSM is a FREE event and open to all ages. Come discover the best of PDX in one place.
“As Portland Saturday Market begins its 44th season we look forward to an exciting year: stepping into the future with an updated website, increased special events and a continually evolving community of artists dedicated to craftsmanship, design innovation, marketing ethics and awesome locally produced products.” – Lisa Gugino, Executive Director
Portland Saturday Market has helped sustain the region’s artist community for 41 years by providing an exciting marketplace for small businesses. This year’s marketplace will start off with the introduction of five new artists: Radical Books & Pictures, PTP Designs, Sickasscat Studio, Light Swan Gallery and Zelig Hats. The Market will continue to see new artists all year long, cultivating around a 100 new members for the year.
Portland Saturday Market is the largest arts and crafts market in continuous operation in the United States. It is held every Saturday and Sunday from March through Christmas Eve at 2 SW Naito Parkway. PSM has over 350 members who generate about $10 million in gross sales annually and attract over one million visitors to the historic Old Town neighborhood each year. All items sold at the PSM are required to be handmade by the person selling it, and a product review committee of members juries each new item against a high standard of quality. PSM is accessible by TriMet’s MAX line which stops adjacent to the Market at the Skidmore Fountain stop. Make a $25 purchase and receive a free TriMet ticket or a two hour parking validation at any Smart Park garage.
The Portland Saturday Market is a non-profit membership organization which provides an environment that encourages the economic and artistic growth of emerging and established artisans. Central to this mission shall be to operate a marketplace. That marketplace, and other market programs, shall honor craftsmanship, design innovation, marketing ethics and authenticity of product. For more information see www.PortlandSaturdayMarket.com