- New Job Listings: Check out our newest Portland job listings here.
- Post A Job: Email info to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jobs Newsletter: Sign up here to receive our weekly jobs newsletter.
- Facebook: Facebook.com/PortlandOregonJobs | Twitter: @PDXJobs
- iPhone/iPad & Android App: Get job listings on our app here.
Arts Integration Coach
Closing Date:June 25, 2013 at 5 p.m.
Contact: email@example.com | More info: therightbraininitiative.org
Arts Integration Coaches work with Young Audiences to support The Right Brain Initiative as site coordinators for K-8
schools in the tri-county region. The Coach guides a school through the design and implementation of Right Brain artsintegrated residencies; including identifying goals, facilitating meetings, and supporting the incorporation of 21st Century
Skills. They serve as knowledgeable and experienced instructional coaches to classroom teachers and teaching artists
throughout the year.
Essential Position Responsibilities:
- Work directly with school-based Arts Teams (administrators, teachers, parents) to identify school’s goals for artsintegration and residencies
- Facilitate and support collaborative planning between teaching artists and classroom teachers using Right Brain
- tools, materials and processes, creating an effective residency design
- Coach classroom teachers and teaching artists toward high-quality residency experiences, through direct support
- and assistance, and informal classroom observations offering insights for the enhancement of teaching and
- Communicate effectively with school administrators, teachers and teaching artists to support decision-making,
- collaboration and strong instructional practice throughout the year
- Submit records of all facilitated meetings, including school team, residency planning and design, and residency
- Engage in professional development with school staff and teaching artists
- Work collaboratively with other Coaches, Program Manager, Implementation Manager and other Right Brain staff to
- support the Right Brain vision and create a cohesive and respectful working environment
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements – Qualifications:
- Proven successful experience teaching in a classroom environment with a strong understanding of instructional
- practice including arts integration and developing positive school culture and climate
- Demonstrated interpersonal and organizational skills to manage and facilitate group process and decision-making
- Strong oral and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to be a good listener
- Ability to synthesize and organize input from many sources, and to meet deadlines and manage multiple timelines
- Possess a flexible schedule that allows for more intense periods of Right Brain work
- Ability and willingness to drive to schools throughout Multnomah, Washington and Clackamas counties (including
- Corbett, Boring, Cornelius, etc.)
- Adept in the use of Microsoft Office, Adobe and online file sharing
- Background in the arts or related arts experience desirable
- Part-time position (without benefits) with Young Audiences as The Right Brain Initiative Implementation Partner
- 6 to 10 schools per position
- $20/hour – averaging 12 to 16 hours a weekk, between August 5, 2013 and June 27, 20142
- Travel allowance based on school assignments
- Individuals in an existing partnership position with The Right Brain Initiative are ineligible to also be Coaches
Please submit to Carin Rosenberg, Implementation Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter
- 3 references
- Letter of recommendation or other documentation from a principal or someone who can attest to your effectiveness
- as a teacher
No phone calls, please
Applying for this position?
Let them know you found it on PDX Pipeline!