- New Job Listings: Check out our newest Portland job listings here.
- Post A Job: Email info to email@example.com
- Jobs Newsletter: Sign up here to receive our weekly jobs newsletter.
- Facebook: Facebook.com/PortlandOregonJobs | Twitter: @PDXJobs
- iPhone/iPad & Android App: Get job listings on our app here.
Creative and Publicity Director
Closing Date: Open until filled
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org | More info:https://www.dropbox.com
Pink Martini/Heinz Records seeks a creative and publicity director who can shape, execute and support innovative approaches to the band’s marketing plans, product development, tour development and overall growth. The Creative & Publicity Director works in tandem with and reports to the band’s manager, and leads and manages the band’s international publicity team. This job requires a person who can work well and communicate effectively within a dynamic team, who possesses strong writing skills, who can efficiently develop creative ideas within parameters, and who has mastered strong organizational skills in order to complete complex projects within deadlines.
The position also calls for someone who can identify the strong existing aesthetic of the band and create within that aesthetic, building individual publicity stories for the team arising out of the band’s personality, projects and activities. Knowledge of the music business, concert and tour marketing, album marketing, and an innovative approach to the current state of the music industry is strongly desired. Finally, an understanding of the broader role of publicity is critical, both within the music/creative field, and also in non-music press such as travel, fashion, pop culture, and more.
- Manage multiple creative projects from concept through completion
- Supervise the company’s international publicity team and international publicity efforts, including the in-house social media specialist
- Develop creative programs and design concepts that meet the objectives of the organization and are consistent with the band’s work and identity
- Work with the band’s manager and bandleader on creative marketing strategies both broad and specific
- Provide quality control over projects
- Produce and manage all graphic design projects in support of marketing band tours and products
- Occasionally travel with the band for promotional trips/tours/events
- Manage the band’s promo content, web content, video content, and updates of the band’s website
- Create stories for the publicity team to distribute
- Create or supervise the creation of all band marketing and promo materials, including press kits, e-blasts, press releases & ad mats
- Communicate publicity opportunities to the bandleader and band manager, and schedule interviews and publicity events with the bandleader and band members
This is a full time, salaried position with benefits. Please submit resumes to