- New Job Listings: Check out our newest Portland job listings here.
- Post A Job: Email info to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jobs Newsletter: Sign up here to receive our weekly jobs newsletter.
- Facebook: Facebook.com/PortlandOregonJobs | Twitter: @PDXJobs
- iPhone/iPad & Android App: Get job listings on our app here.
Sales Account Manager
Posting Date: October 30, 2013
Closing Date: Open until filled
More info: jobscore.com
Are you a strong inside sales professional who can generate business and close deals? Puppet has a strong community of users, a wide variety of existing clients all hungry to learn more about Puppet and how it can continue to improve their organization’s data center operations.
Puppet is hiring an Account Manager to be a key part of selling products and services by phone in a specific region. In this role, you will conduct inside sales activities including prospecting and developing opportunities, closing sales, taking orders, preparing activity and forecast reports, updating and maintaining the sales database, and assisting sales management in conveying customer needs to product managers and technical support staff. You will expand your industry knowledge as well as the competitive posture of the company, act as a mentor to Sales Associates, and assist in the development of sales training materials.
- Minimum 4 years software inside sales experience.
- Proven track record of quota and goal achievement.
- Ability to provide high degree of major account management and control.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to excel in a team-oriented atmosphere.
- Domain-specific knowledge of large corporate IT environments, including basic understanding of client/server computing, networking and security.
- Expertise using CRM and web-based conferencing systems.
Preferred but not required:
- BA or BS degree
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
- Please include a cover letter with your application addressing the following:
- Why are you interested in working for Puppet Labs?
- Please summarize your experience in enterprise software sales in an inside sales environment.
- Please summarize your understanding of client/server computing, networking, and cloud computing as it pertains to your work in account management / sales.
Working for Puppet Labs
Based in Portland, Oregon, Puppet Labs creates IT automation software which enables system administrators to deliver the operational agility and efficiency of cloud computing at enterprise-class service levels, scaling from handfuls of nodes on-premise to tens of thousands in the cloud. Puppet powers thousands of companies, including Twitter, Yelp, eBay, Zynga, JP Morgan Chase, Bank of America, Google, Disney, Citrix, Oracle, and Viacom. Our investors include Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, True Ventures, Radar Partners, Emerson St. Partners, VMware, Google Ventures, and Cisco.
Everyone who works at Puppet Labs has a direct impact on the company. The work environment is relaxed yet results-driven, encouraging creativity and collaboration. The list of interesting and difficult challenges will always be larger than the time to tackle them, and the community culture fosters continuous improvement. Puppet employees embody our values, displaying curiosity, self-motivation, adaptability, and a passion for what Puppet is all about.
Puppet Labs employs staff in areas including Development, Professional Services, Operations, Engineering, Solutions, Marketing, Sales, Finance, HR, and Administration. We offer awesome benefits and perks to our employees, including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), paid time off, stock options, casual dress code, flexible work hours, free snacks & drinks, in-office bike rack, a dog-friendly work environment and much more.
Applying for this position?
Let them know you found it on PDX Pipeline!